Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 02:09 PM

4 posts, read 10,222 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are relocating to Northern Mississippi and are thinking about moving to Olive Branch. She will likely have to commute to Memphis and I will be working in Oxford. Can anyone recommend apartment complexes or real estate agents in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 02:12 PM

3,371 posts, read 13,376,311 times
You may want to also post this in the MS forum, if you haven't already. You might be able to find a different town in between Memphis and Oxford that would lessen the commute (for one of you). Olive Branch isn't that far from Memphis, but Oxford is. I have known students to commute from Oxford to Memphis for work, and it was always about a 1.5 hour drive for them during rush hours. I don't think commuting from Oxford to Olive Branch would be TOO much shorter of a drive. The problem is there are just 2 lane roads around Oxford, which slows traffic considerably.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:17 PM

Thanks. We were also thinking about Hernando or Holly Springs.

I would rather commute a little longer (to Oxford) and let my wife have a shorter drive. Olive Branch seems reasonable for that scenario.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:08 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,481,179 times
cryeleike.com You can search for agents
apartments.com You can search for apartments
apartmentratings.com Check ratings. Long commute, not bad a friend of mine used to commute from Oxford to Somerville, TN.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkinswife View Post
cryeleike.com You can search for agents
apartments.com You can search for apartments
apartmentratings.com Check ratings. Long commute, not bad a friend of mine used to commute from Oxford to Somerville, TN.
Thanks for the info. But I was thinking a little more specific. Any apartment complexes in the area you can recommend? Any parts of town to avoid?

Last edited by milinovich; 04-09-2008 at 10:58 PM..

Old 04-10-2008, 06:52 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,481,179 times
Well I know that the Olive Branch Police Dept is a machine. They don't play or have time for criminals. I don't know much about the N. Miss area, however I have friends who live in Olive Branch..the property value is increasing, land is worth more...so I don't think you can't lose there. It has tons of shopping and easy access to surrounding areas using 302 and 78 and 55. Sorry I can't be as specific you might want to check the MS forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis