Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 03:57 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,866,274 times

Advertisements

i do agre with stepka, mabe its just the way your learning things...

for me personally i used to be able to just absorb knowledge, people would joke i learnt by osmosis...
but i had a sever head injury a few years back that actually changed alot for me...
since then i cannot make hide nor hair of "written" substance...i can read, but the information doesnt stick, its like its written in english but as i read it it translates to another language in my head that makes no sense at all anymore...it turns into a jumble in my head (i also have a similar problem trying to get my thoughts into cognative sentences...i know what i want to say but it takes about 10 minutes to translate a single sentence into type, and even then if often gets away from me...)

so ive found since then ive become an incredibly visual and hands on person...
if someone gives me written instructions itll take me hours...but if someone draws little pictures, i can figure it out, do it and remember it no problem...if someone just shows me how...i can remember it...
if someone has me do it directly (ie building something) i could go back 10 years later and build the same thing exact from memory...but give me written instruction and im pretty screwed.

i havent been diagnosed with add/adhd, but i do belive i have a midl form ontop of everything else...but for me the head injury definatly triggered a change in ability to learn in conventional form.

so mabe the issue is more in the way the infomration is going in rather tha anything else, mabe youd be better with a visual learning method, mabe audio would work better, or hands on learning ect...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health