Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2014, 11:35 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,984 times

Advertisements

I remember dating one when I was in college, a vision: blonde, tall, with green eyes and a smoking body.

Then one night she was in my car, and the radio played one song, she was tipsy with a couple of wine coolers. "That song reminds me of my ex boyfriend Bobby", I was like "ok" not so happy about it, but "ok". Then another song played and then she goes "That song reminds me of the love of my life Charlie". The thing went on and on, and then there was a song and I said "That songs reminds me of the love of my life Jenny" and the girl goes berzerk...screaming: "I don't care...why you are telling me this" and she begins to break her fake nails and pulling the extensions of her hair, doing an episode of "The Exorcist" or "Fatal Attraction".

Holy crap...I was scared!!! I started the car went Fast and Furious and dropped her at her home,, it was like half an hour distance or something. Then a couple of months ago I saw her in one party with another dude...I was relief. She comes to me and says something like "you never called me back so I'm dating someone else". I went like "cool".

Some girls give love a bad name...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 12:23 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
I remember dating one when I was in college, a vision: blonde, tall, with green eyes and a smoking body.

Then one night she was in my car, and the radio played one song, she was tipsy with a couple of wine coolers. "That song reminds me of my ex boyfriend Bobby", I was like "ok" not so happy about it, but "ok". Then another song played and then she goes "That song reminds me of the love of my life Charlie". The thing went on and on, and then there was a song and I said "That songs reminds me of the love of my life Jenny" and the girl goes berzerk...screaming: "I don't care...why you are telling me this" and she begins to break her fake nails and pulling the extensions of her hair, doing an episode of "The Exorcist" or "Fatal Attraction".

Holy crap...I was scared!!! I started the car went Fast and Furious and dropped her at her home,, it was like half an hour distance or something. Then a couple of months ago I saw her in one party with another dude...I was relief. She comes to me and says something like "you never called me back so I'm dating someone else". I went like "cool".

Some girls give love a bad name...
That chick wasn't bi-polar she was just a effed up hot mess.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:17 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times
In answer to the OP- yes I am right now in a serious relationship with a diagnosed bipolar girl. One of the conditions of me going to Oz to be with her is that she get help, but that I'd be with her every step of the way, with full support. The medication and therapy are working wonders so as long as she keeps that going, things should be fine. It's not easy, no but some people are just worth fighting for

Old 09-29-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
In answer to the OP- yes I am right now in a serious relationship with a diagnosed bipolar girl. One of the conditions of me going to Oz to be with her is that she get help, but that I'd be with her every step of the way, with full support. The medication and therapy are working wonders so as long as she keeps that going, things should be fine. It's not easy, no but some people are just worth fighting for
Good luck with that bro. At least she is aware of the condition and doing something about it. It's not easy but with love and patience you can really help her, since she is humble enough to ask for guidance.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
That chick wasn't bi-polar she was just a effed up hot mess.
Hot mess or not, she was a tigress on the sack: scratching, biting, contorting like a snake and screaming...it's like the scene from Conan (the original one with Arnold) where he nails a witch who turns into a vampire or something like that. That gives you an idea. Hot "crazy" mess. But that was back in my 20's now at 40 something I want more "Normality".

Old 10-03-2014, 02:42 PM

In reality you cannot tell if someone is bipolar with just looking at them. If you see what appears to be an "episode", be careful also of just common anger, but usually, when the signs of "weird anger": losing the temper for the strangest things, the absence of feeling "guilty", the "rages" out of nowhere, the screaming of thing that doesn't make any sense. Also the "normal behavior" of feeling "happy" and then down, usually on the same "incident".

I'm no doctor, but you can read, investigate and take notice and check the person in their normal environment. That will give you a hint

Old 10-03-2014, 10:12 PM

316 posts, read 437,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I have dated some in the past and it ALWAYS turned out the same. They are awesome at first, have such a great outgoing attitude, funny, cute and very sexual. All traits I adore, but after a while they turn into my worst nightmare. They become elusive, abusive and cheat. They also always seem to be the most professional manipulators and liars. The reason I am writing this post is because I recently met another one of those types. She's stunningly beautiful but she scares the cr@p out of me. She knows how to talk things up and give me high hopes, but I don't think I can trust her as far as I can throw her at this point. She tells me things about how she has had only abusive relationships and now she is ready for a simpler more "normal" life, which I know I can give to her if she is accepting to it since I have a career and own a home, which she says is what she wants. I just have this gut feeling that is eating my stomach alive, that what she says is just too good to be true. I am basing that on my past experiences with the same types of women, I do know, that just maybe she is being sincere. Sometimes I think I'm the crazy one because I seem to attract these types and fall for them for the excitement they bring, but that has always been in the short term. So what to do, RUN RUN RUN or wait and see how things work out? Most advice I see is to run as far away as possible, but I am REALLY attracted to her. Thanks for any advice.
ALWAYS follow your gut instincts when dealing with women. I ignored mine several times and it cost me big time. The gut feeling is ALWAYS right. Unfortunately it almost is never in favor of entering a relationship, however look no further to the divorce rate in this country for all of the anecdotal evidence you need.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:30 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
Yes, my math teacher in 7th grade mocked me for being fat, called me a useless slub of waste, and so many other bad things and made fun of my lifestyle.

But when I brought my parents due to such extremely derogatory comments, she talked about how she was trying her best to motivate my ambition, and so on with a smile on her face. Then on seeing me, her expressions shift on a dime.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Yes, my math teacher in 7th grade mocked me for being fat, called me a useless slub of waste, and so many other bad things and made fun of my lifestyle.

But when I brought my parents due to such extremely derogatory comments, she talked about how she was trying her best to motivate my ambition, and so on with a smile on her face. Then on seeing me, her expressions shift on a dime.
There are people just mean...no cure for that...unless they acknowledge there is something wrong with them.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:38 PM

432 posts, read 362,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I have dated some in the past and it ALWAYS turned out the same. They are awesome at first, have such a great outgoing attitude, funny, cute and very sexual. All traits I adore, but after a while they turn into my worst nightmare. They become elusive, abusive and cheat. They also always seem to be the most professional manipulators and liars. The reason I am writing this post is because I recently met another one of those types. She's stunningly beautiful but she scares the cr@p out of me. She knows how to talk things up and give me high hopes, but I don't think I can trust her as far as I can throw her at this point. She tells me things about how she has had only abusive relationships and now she is ready for a simpler more "normal" life, which I know I can give to her if she is accepting to it since I have a career and own a home, which she says is what she wants. I just have this gut feeling that is eating my stomach alive, that what she says is just too good to be true. I am basing that on my past experiences with the same types of women, I do know, that just maybe she is being sincere. Sometimes I think I'm the crazy one because I seem to attract these types and fall for them for the excitement they bring, but that has always been in the short term. So what to do, RUN RUN RUN or wait and see how things work out? Most advice I see is to run as far away as possible, but I am REALLY attracted to her. Thanks for any advice.
These type of women aren't "bi-polar." They're either just low quality or actually crazy(BPD). With that being said, I would advise you to only do one night stands(WITH PROTECTION) with these types of women or if you can't control your boner-itis, don't even get involved. We attract all kinds of people, you're just accepting the bad ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health