Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 12:23 PM

148 posts, read 141,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Prior to leaving my doctor, he instructed me to take 1 every other day, then one every 3 days. It was something that we had discussed before. It's been 7 days so far. I've experienced headaches and insomnia for the past 2 days. I've checked out those websites. You're right. I will call the drug manufacturer.
that is a bad idea, you are detoxing one day and adding it back the next that wont help , it will make it worse, you have to suffer detox from all shrink meds if you want to stop . SOORY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 09:23 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspotfox View Post
that is a bad idea, you are detoxing one day and adding it back the next that wont help , it will make it worse, you have to suffer detox from all shrink meds if you want to stop . SOORY
Here I am- six weeks out. I think that I feel deeper depression due to a confluence of factors and just bring plain tired. I'm thinking that maybe I should just get back on the Zoloft. The coming work months will become even more stressful. I'm not sure how to get through.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:52 AM

you had your meds , from the doc who left, they were working so why on earth did you try to stop. You could have found another doc and took your records . because a doc leaves don't mean you stop meds.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspotfox View Post
you had your meds , from the doc who left, they were working so why on earth did you try to stop. You could have found another doc and took your records . because a doc leaves don't mean you stop meds.
It just seemed like a good time. I had been wanting to get off for a while. I was really tired yesterday from driving that day. That plus the heat must have made me particularly depressed. I felt better today.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:22 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,956 times
Have you looked into your local Wal*Mart pharmacy? You can get generics for a good price. There is nothing wrong with taking antidepressants. It's not a cop out or mind over matter. For some people they are a life saver.

This is an unpopular point of view, but I think the naysayers have zero clue to what goes on in the mind of those who are depressed or anxious.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:30 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,632,176 times
My son tapered off from about 6 months of Paxil about 3 years ago. The social worker told him that "we only want you on it for about 6 months". When the 6 month mark came my son said "Okay we'll be stopping it now right". Wrong!! The social worker then wanted to keep him on it indefinitely. He tapered off himself and refused to go back on. Hasn't had any problems except the initial nightmares.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:53 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
My son tapered off from about 6 months of Paxil about 3 years ago. The social worker told him that "we only want you on it for about 6 months". When the 6 month mark came my son said "Okay we'll be stopping it now right". Wrong!! The social worker then wanted to keep him on it indefinitely. He tapered off himself and refused to go back on. Hasn't had any problems except the initial nightmares.
Best way to deal with THAT, is to have the prescription filled, dump it down the toilet, and when he is fully off it, say, "Isn't he doing great on the stuff?" the professional will in most cases, state affirmations...and you and your son simply know what you know.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Best way to deal with THAT, is to have the prescription filled, dump it down the toilet, and when he is fully off it, say, "Isn't he doing great on the stuff?" the professional will in most cases, state affirmations...and you and your son simply know what you know.
Thats the wrong attitude , her son did well, %80 would not have, they would suffer rebound depression an need a new AD. But you never thought of that because you no nothing of rebound

Old 08-10-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Have you looked into your local Wal*Mart pharmacy? You can get generics for a good price. There is nothing wrong with taking antidepressants. It's not a cop out or mind over matter. For some people they are a life saver.

This is an unpopular point of view, but I think the naysayers have zero clue to what goes on in the mind of those who are depressed or anxious.
Costco is even cheaper. That's where I was buying my sertraline through.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Costco is even cheaper. That's where I was buying my sertraline through.
what without a script
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health