Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2016, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 519 times

Advertisements

So, my uncle is the one that is suffering hallucinations, but i don't think he suffers from schizophrenia and his doctors doesn't believe he does. My uncle was a big rig driver and when he went and dropped off his first load.. he was perfectly fine. He would call my aunt from a long distance and she would help him navigate where he had to go, like what freeways to get on and what exits does he get off from. When he dropped his first load in mississippi, he called my aunt that he safely got there and was ready to get back on the road to oklahoma. During his travel, he would be complaining how cold it is and other things. He would start saying weird things live my aunt eve from the bible and how she is evil and just downgrading her. So we thought he was acting weird. My aunt told me that his employer would threaten him if he didn't get there on time for his next drop off and to be careful with the things he has. Basically, they would harass him and i think he got paranoid. Then one night he stayed at a hotel and kept saying how he cant breathe and that he wants to call 911. So he did, but he disconnected our calls, so we would call all the way to oklahoma from los angeles trying to find out what was happening and stuff like that. He never took drugs at all. The only thing he's been drinking was xanax and vicodins, but he's been on those medications all his life due to the bullets he received years ago. at the hospital the doctors gave him refills on xanax and vicodins, but i believe my aunt told me that my uncle said he going to stop drinking them while on the job? Does paranoia cause hallucinations? can Not drinking the medications all your life cause hallucinations? When my uncle got out of the hospital, the next day he went back to driving... he my aunt saying that theres monkeys shooting him with aka 47s and it was just bad. My aunt and grandma called oklahoma police department and the trucker searchers to look out for him. then we received a call stating that he ran through the border and crashed into the divider. they took him to a mental hospital and there's that. when he came back home he was not normal. He would talk and have a conversation, but he wouldn't sleep and he kept moving his head side to side.. He became quiet, when reality he was social active. he would whisper quietly when we weren't looking... To conclude, our family had to move to moreno valley due to finances and when we moved here, that when things got worse. He started to have a conversation loud enough for us to hear . i've watched videos of schziophrenia and he doesn't have what they have? i think he like talking to that voice, he think he feel pumped up like he use when he was a gang member.. he believes that he is and sometimes he thinks he works for the government. Mostly he would just ASSUMEEE so many things that never happened. He's doesn't try to harm himself due to the voice. I think he only see's one person, 1 voice. I honestly don't know. is it paranoia? being of his meds? or what can it possibly be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 09:11 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Many different things can cause psychosis or psychotic events. I would go with what his doctors are saying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health