Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 06:25 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TySky View Post
I am worried that i will try to attempt this is in the future.
Not depressed most of the time but at the same time I feel like I have a negative cloud hovering over me. Like at my job people love my smile and that I look so happy. Though when I get home Im quite the opposite I dont feel happy. More apathetic.
Suicide is not a natural human thought process,if you are thinking this way you've obviously got a short circuit in your thinking process that needs to be worked out with a therapist.
It is natural to become depressed from time to time its not natural to want to end your life as a consequence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 04:44 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothere1 View Post
1. In relating to chiluvr1228's comment, is this random or every time you get home(a set cycle)? What happens if you don't go home after work?
2. Worried - anxious or troubled about actual or potential problems. Anxiety?
You're reacting to a trigger. Since it happens when you go home, its likely that it is something to do with home, but it could be a particular small thing as well, something you associate with something reall down. This is a hard thing to isolate sometimes, but pay close arrtention to what your doing when it comes. Where are you, just outside the door? Hanging up your coat? Or is it the whole mood of the house?

As asked above, what if you don't go home right after work?

Triggers are hard to deal with since they tend to hit you hard, and something you see, hear, smell, words put together a certain way, a tone of voice, all sort of things can be the spark. But consider the pattern, and how it happens, and see if any one thing stands out.

And walk yourself through it in your head. Feel, hear, listen, repeat your normal retrurn. Let yourself feel the change and pay attention to what's going on. Consider how much of it is just normal and always the same. Try to change that. Break the pattern and sometimes you can see details obsured by the norm.

Something is setting it off, and the first step is to allow yourself to feel the details so you can figure out which one has to be adjusted first.

I have a few triggers which knock a great mood down to a dark pit just like that. The only thing I've found that helps is first figuring out just what flips the switch, and when it takes you to the dark place, allowing yourself to see it to find what gives it such hold.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:47 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothere1;45970931.

Sorry, this should be for the OP.
In relating to chiluvr1228's comment, is this random or every time you get home(a set cycle)? What happens if you don't go home after work?
2. Worried - [U
anxious[/u] or troubled about actual or potential problems. Anxiety?
You're reacting to a trigger. Since it happens when you go home, its likely that it is something to do with home, but it could be a particular small thing as well, something you associate with something reall down. This is a hard thing to isolate sometimes, but pay close arrtention to what your doing when it comes. Where are you, just outside the door? Hanging up your coat? Or is it the whole mood of the house?

As asked above, what if you don't go home right after work?

Triggers are hard to deal with since they tend to hit you hard, and something you see, hear, smell, words put together a certain way, a tone of voice, all sort of things can be the spark. But consider the pattern, and how it happens, and see if any one thing stands out.

And walk yourself through it in your head. Feel, hear, listen, repeat your normal retrurn. Let yourself feel the change and pay attention to what's going on. Consider how much of it is just normal and always the same. Try to change that. Break the pattern and sometimes you can see details obsured by the norm.

Something is setting it off, and the first step is to allow yourself to feel the details so you can figure out which one has to be adjusted first.

I have a few triggers which knock a great mood down to a dark pit just like that. The only thing I've found that helps is first figuring out just what flips the switch, and when it takes you to the dark place, allowing yourself to see it to find what gives it such hold.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:56 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TySky View Post
I am worried that i will try to attempt this is in the future.
I've felt the same way in recent months until I almost died for real last month. Since I came close now I know how many people care about me and would miss me greatly if I were to leave this planet. My (and your) life is precious.

Hang in there.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:50 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
What I am feeling extremely depressed I absolutely must go home after work even if it triggers the depression and makes it worse. I have to be home, in my own surroundings.

Last edited by chiluvr1228; 11-21-2016 at 10:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health