Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 04:42 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,601,875 times

Advertisements

Some brain fog is normal for me since I’ve had at least a little brain fog every day the last 10 years, but lately its been much worse. I’m zoned out the vast majority of the time and make mistakes you’d expect from somebody not paying full attention. Its really cutting into my productivity at a time I’m trying to work more to take care of some financial issues before they get worse. If I could get rid of the brain fog completely, that would be nice, but if I could just get it back to the way its been the last decade, that’s acceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 04:49 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
Some brain fog is normal for me since I’ve had at least a little brain fog every day the last 10 years, but lately its been much worse. I’m zoned out the vast majority of the time and make mistakes you’d expect from somebody not paying full attention. Its really cutting into my productivity at a time I’m trying to work more to take care of some financial issues before they get worse. If I could get rid of the brain fog completely, that would be nice, but if I could just get it back to the way its been the last decade, that’s acceptable.
I don't believe I've ever had the "fog" and I've been taking Grape Seed Extract for decades. Counting on it to keep a good memory to my end.

https://www.naturalnews.com/030927_g...n_health.html#

Old 05-15-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't believe I've ever had the "fog" and I've been taking Grape Seed Extract for decades. Counting on it to keep a good memory to my end.

I’m 23, so maybe that will help.

Old 05-15-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
I’m 23, so maybe that will help.
Well if you have issues this young, why not. Can't hurt.

Old 05-16-2019, 12:13 AM

23,319 posts, read 18,877,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post

The OP has said nothing about memory problems. Once again you have stepped in to a topic about which you have no experience (by your own admission) or anything other than some irrelevant personal anecdote to contribute.

OP IIRC you take one or more other medications for mental health issues correct? I'd discuss your brain fog with your doctor.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:40 AM

385 posts, read 324,436 times
I am hesitant to answer this post, but maybe I can be helpful.

I am not exactly sure what you mean by brain fog, but you do mention not paying "full attention." And that you are twenty-three years old.

One possibility is that you have adult ADHD -- attention deficit (hyperactivity) disorder. There is one particularly common subtype -- as the indicated by the qualifying phrase "predominantly inattentive subtype."

Here is a link to the adult ADHD self-report scale: https://add.org/wp-content/uploads/2...re-ASRS111.pdf

Please go to it, print it out and fill it out as accurately and honestly as you can.

ADHD is a clinical diagnosis -- usually there is a constellation of "inattentive" symptoms which suggests the diagnosis.

Pardon me for the next sentence: I know what I am talking about, having worked in psychiatry, diagnosing and treating ADHD in adolescents and adults.

ADHD is a real disorder, and not some fiction made up by doctors and pharmaceutical companies. 4-5% of the population are never diagnosed as children or adolescents and continue to have this disorder in their adult life.

At any rate, do the self-report and if your answers point toward an ADHD diagnosis, then take the self-report and see a psychiatrist, to confirm (or refute) or diagnosis and if confirmed, to treat the condition.

If you have ADHD, and if you are put on the right medication at the proper dose, it makes a huge difference. I have heard how much of a difference it makes from my patients.

Best wishes, and I'm here to help.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:57 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,871,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
The OP has said nothing about memory problems. Once again you have stepped in to a topic about which you have no experience (by your own admission) or anything other than some irrelevant personal anecdote to contribute.

OP IIRC you take one or more other medications for mental health issues correct? I'd discuss your brain fog with your doctor.

Brain fog can definitely come from medications, also depression. Call your MD.

Old 05-16-2019, 01:40 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,765,820 times
Before you start spending money on supplements you may not need and that may not help, go see your doctor. You say you're working more. Are you getting plenty of sleep?

Old 05-16-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post

I'm talking about "fog issues" which all affects the brain!!!!

And certainly listen to your MD as they know best???? They give you every drug imaginable.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
Before you start spending money on supplements you may not need and that may not help, go see your doctor. You say you're working more. Are you getting plenty of sleep?
I go to bed at a time to allow at least 8 hours of sleep, though I often lay awake in bed a long time before I fall asleep. When its time to get up, I struggle waking up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health