Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 09:00 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,896,042 times

Advertisements

So I went to the interview for the part time job. On the plus side, they are now using a computer program I have used in the past and LOVED. I have good experience with it so I was able to say so. On the minus side, they want someone to work from 11-3, 5 days a week, which punches a big hole in the day, making it harder to work somewhere else in the morning.

I do not currently have a mortgage payment so I could live on the part time income, I would just not be saving anything for vacation/rainy day. I have always lived within my means.

It did confirm my desire to get out of my current job setting! Now I just have to wait for more interviews!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2022, 10:35 PM

6,468 posts, read 3,985,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
IT isn't the part time that makes it low stress...it's the fact that I would be second in command instead of first in command that would reduce the stress. I would have an experienced person in charge making decisions and providing the guidance...that I've never had before. After a year or two of that, I would know if I was capable of doing the job full time or not.
But would you then have the chance to take it full-time, or would they keep it as a part-time job? And, if you do decide to go full-time and do so at another company, will prospective employers ask you to explain why yoiu were doing only a part-time job, if you even get far enough for them to ask? What is your plan for if you decide you *can't* do it full-time? What is your plan for if you decide to do it full-time (or do something else full-time) and can't get a job exactly when you want to?

Old 05-27-2022, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
But would you then have the chance to take it full-time, or would they keep it as a part-time job? And, if you do decide to go full-time and do so at another company, will prospective employers ask you to explain why yoiu were doing only a part-time job, if you even get far enough for them to ask? What is your plan for if you decide you *can't* do it full-time? What is your plan for if you decide to do it full-time (or do something else full-time) and can't get a job exactly when you want to?
No, this particular part time is always going to be just part time. If I went full time I would have to switch locations. no need to explain. They tend not to ask questions. I didn't even get asked why I left my last job.

If I decide I Can't do it full time, my plan is to have a nervous breakdown and go on disability. IF/when I transition to full time, I will have to find full time in my area or relocate again.

So.........I got the job! They called today and said they just have to check one reference for me and will call back on Tuesday to officially offer me the job. That means I have until then to decide if this is what I want to do. This is an area I really want to get into, and I would only view the part time job as temporary. I haven't heard from the two full time positions yet, so that means I could accept the part time, then be offered one of the full time positions later.

I'm terrified. Absolutely terrified of making the wrong choice. I've made a few wrong choices in the past few years and I don't have any confidence left at all.

Old 05-29-2022, 05:14 AM

4,414 posts, read 3,476,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
So I went to the interview for the part time job. On the plus side, they are now using a computer program I have used in the past and LOVED. I have good experience with it so I was able to say so. On the minus side, they want someone to work from 11-3, 5 days a week, which punches a big hole in the day, making it harder to work somewhere else in the morning.

I do not currently have a mortgage payment so I could live on the part time income, I would just not be saving anything for vacation/rainy day. I have always lived within my means.

It did confirm my desire to get out of my current job setting! Now I just have to wait for more interviews!

You could get weekend work to fill in the gaps.

Old 06-01-2022, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
You could get weekend work to fill in the gaps.
Yeah, that is part of the anxiety, knowing that I'd have to find other work that fits. I make about $28 per hour so it would be hard to find another job that pays that well.

I had an interview this morning for one of the full time jobs that went okay...so I am feeling more confident and less anxious about the whole thing. Baby steps........

Of course, it may be the increase in my prozac does that is soothing me......

Last edited by Stagemomma; 06-01-2022 at 10:22 AM..

Old 06-03-2022, 01:37 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Do what I do - work two non-demanding jobs.

Keep boring job and get a second job that you can do online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health