Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2022, 05:18 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,683,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
That seems reasonable.

I don't know that I could have stayed the course of ten years. That would seem to indicate you're serious about your treatment but have gone as far as you can go with this psychiatrist.

I had a depressive episode with suicidal ideation in 2018. I am finally on medication that's working.

I wish you well.
Even though the OP seems to get angry when people mention it, it appears the OP has broken off with this provider because the doctor did not fill out a form to allow him to return to university on scholarship. I work in a job where we get these forms and from what I have heard and seen, doctors who really support a person returning to school/work will often encourage it, and encourage it regularly.

The psychiatrist is ethically required to continue following up with a patient to ensure continuity of care, particularly when it can take several months (if not longer) to get with a new provider. If you are taking multiple medications, you can get serotonin syndrome. This can be life threatening. Psychiatrist visits are typically 15 minutes, but this OP has a long relationship with this psychiatrist who seems to have sone reason he feels the need to regularly follow up with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2022, 05:33 AM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Sound like a lot of business-people out there, scrambling to scoop-up as much
money as possible.

Just tell your ex-psychiatrist straight-up what you want with regards to
him not contacting you anymore.

Old 07-28-2022, 05:40 AM

10,237 posts, read 6,326,286 times
You have a smart phone? Block his number.

Old 07-31-2022, 08:33 AM

9,155 posts, read 6,202,297 times
You are taking serious medications prescribed by your "former" psychiatrist. His name is on the bottles of pills you take. Depending on the state in which the doctor is licensed, the standard and continuity of care may require that he provide access until you have begun treatment with a new doctor. Refilling or using the existing prescriptions may extend your patient/doctor relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health