Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite beach city in Mexico?
Cancun 15 30.61%
Cabo San Lucas 12 24.49%
Mazatlan 3 6.12%
Acapulco 6 12.24%
Puerto Vallarta 13 26.53%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:25 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times

Advertisements

I just got back from Cabo San Lucas on our honeymoon, so I'll vote for that one. That place is a paradise! Perfect spot for honeymoons or just general R&R. I also recommend going on a sunset cruise while you're there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 10:15 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I just got back from Cabo San Lucas on our honeymoon, so I'll vote for that one. That place is a paradise! Perfect spot for honeymoons or just general R&R. I also recommend going on a sunset cruise while you're there.
Cabo is also my favorite. We also just returned a week ago from our second trip to Cabo this year. LOVE the place and plan on going back many, MANY more times.

Been to Cancun, Playa and Cozumel. I'll take Cabo

Congrats

Old 10-12-2007, 11:08 AM

272 posts, read 1,510,282 times
Default My favorites aren't on your list

I love all the cities you mention for different reasons, and have lived in all of them (except Acapulco). But my favorites are Los Barriles on Baja's East Cape (between Los Cabos and La Paz) and Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa.

Los Barriles (and twin town Buena Vista just down the road) reminds me of Cabo San Lucas 25 years ago. Most tourists probably wouldn't like it (not much to do), but its beaches are long white and wide, the water is beautiful, you see whales every day, and its isolation appeals to me at this stage of my life. Jesse "the Body" Ventura lives in the area nowadays.

Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa because it's lush and tropical, beautiful scenery, great beaches, big enough to have all the services one needs but not totally overrun with tourism. Beautiful beautiful area. Really, anywhere along the "La Costa Grande"-- Troncones, La Barra de Potosí, Zihuatanejo & Ixtapa-- would do me fine.

Congratulations on your marriage! May you enjoy many long years of happiness together!

Old 10-12-2007, 01:05 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Boomer View Post
Congratulations on your marriage! May you enjoy many long years of happiness together!
Thanks Baja Boomer!

Old 10-12-2007, 05:04 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
Those beaches are too.. westernized. The more exclusive beaches are better. Theres a couple beaches near Puerto Vallarta called, Rincon de Guayabitos, Los Ayala e.t.c

Old 10-14-2007, 12:55 PM

979 posts, read 3,828,663 times
Cool Isla Mujeres

I found a really graet place that was extremely cheap and had the beautiful beaches (but what beach is not gorgeous in Mexico)... Isla Mujeres is an island off the coast of Cancun and was a great time! My friend and I were only planning on going to the island for a couple days just to hang out for cheap for half of our vacation and then go back to Cancun but we loved it so much we stayed for the whole 10 days! It was amazing!

Old 10-14-2007, 03:29 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times
I loved Isla Mujeres too. I would rate it very high on my list.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:59 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
Puerto escondido is a great place too, very colorful full of life with a great coastline and many more underground becahes near like chacagua or zapotalito, there is also an anual surf contest there.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:45 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,289,953 times
Manzanillo has a nice beach, no one knows about it though, I've only been to Puerto v. though. and there was a hurricane coming too...

Old 10-25-2007, 12:46 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
Wow, I guess I just think a bit differently, when I go to Mexico, the last thing I want to do is surround myself with other Gringos, N. Carolina is full of Gringos, I go to Mexico to be around the Mexicans. Therefore, I still am partial to Veracruz, the city, in the state of the same name. It is a tourist town, but.... the vast majority of the tourists are Mexicans. When Cortez first landed in the new world, he landed in Veracruz, it has the oldest pre-lenten festival in the new world, older than Carnival in Rio and older than Mardi Gras in New Orleans. The food is wonderful and the prices are considerably cheaper than the Gringo infested areas. I have seen other Gringos in Veracruz, but you can count them on one hand. It is the most educated city in the country, the local University is top notch, and, it is the city wherein you are least likely to run across people who speak English. Most of the hotels do have staff who speak english as do the banks, but...the people you meet on the beach, and the guy renting big umbrellas and a beach chair....probably not. The kid who runs to the bar for ya, every however many minutes you can go without a fresh drink, probably doesn't speak English either. Tis OK, my Spanish will suffice nicely, and the locals are quite helpful in teaching me new words or conjugations, idioms, the richness of a language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico