Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2013, 01:33 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Any Hispanic I've known who has a clearly Spaniard link does not like Hispanics who have indigenous lineage. You couldn't put my Cuban and Mexican friends in the same room. It was civil, but it was strained. I can't write a thesis about why that is, but I can tell you that IS the case. By the same token, do you know any Japanese-Americans? There IS a pecking order for how they view other Asians, and it's more pronounced than what you see among Hispanics, at least among the friends I had.
With Asians I think they have more of a reason to get upset. Each country has their own language and cultures that can be very different. At least with the Latin American countries for the most part there is Spanish and some other similarities.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
With Asians I think they have more of a reason to get upset. Each country has their own language and cultures that can be very different. At least with the Latin American countries for the most part there is Spanish and some other similarities.
I'm not talking about getting upset. It's no secret that people from Argentina think they are better than anyone else from Latin America. Similarly, the Japanese people I knew, and who were vocal about it, were surprisingly candid as to how they felt superior to the other peoples of Asia. Every continent has this implicit pecking order. Let's not be in denial.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:36 PM

31 posts, read 118,766 times
I wouldn't pay attention to the Hispanics in the USA, even Brasilians do not like being grouped with the Latino population in the USA.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:50 PM

195 posts, read 350,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geulivier View Post
Those Hispanics who are not Mexican consider it a personal insult if anyone calls them a Mexican. This is seen in the region I am living. I am Salvadorian and I always hear other Salvadorians talking negative about the Mexicans including my parents and other adults. But it's not only Salvadorians. Puerto Ricans really don't like Mexicans and neither do the Dominicans and the Colombians and many other Hispanic nationalities. If they are confused as being from another nationality other than Mexican, the reaction is not that bad. A Puerto Rican friend was mistaken as a Dominican, Cuban, and even Brazilian. He says it doesn't bother him at all. But a Mexican he says it's an insult. In my region which is New York, Hispanics see Mexicans as being the lowest of the lowest. I know the Salvadorian's MS 13 gang's main target is Mexicans, but my nationality gets along well for the Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Colombians, and everyone else, it's just Mexico many Hispanic nationalities seem to have a problem with. Why is this?
It's stupidity, typical of low class people that they only thing they can brag about is their stupid nationality or race.

In Miami we don't have a lot Mexicans so the typical person is confused for a Cuban, Nicaraguan or Colombian. People get offended too. All americans especially the racist think everybody is Cuban. Also many americans when they find out I'm not Cuban they start trashing Cubans.

I honestly don't care. It's stupid to get offended by such a silly thing.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouGaucho View Post
I wouldn't pay attention to the Hispanics in the USA, even Brasilians do not like being grouped with the Latino population in the USA.
Yeah that's why they learn Spanish in two months and hang out with hispanics.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:55 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
I always thought that the basic language in Brazil was Portugese.....not Spanish. What am I missing?

Old 02-24-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I always thought that the basic language in Brazil was Portugese.....not Spanish. What am I missing?
What are you missing?

Living in Miami is like living in Havana, Cali or Managua. Portuguese is very similar to Spanish so they learn Spanish to be able to communicate. They also learn English but it takes longer.

Many Brazilians choose Miami because of the beaches, weather and proximity to Brazil.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:39 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,167,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geulivier View Post
Those Hispanics who are not Mexican consider it a personal insult if anyone calls them a Mexican. This is seen in the region I am living. I am Salvadorian and I always hear other Salvadorians talking negative about the Mexicans including my parents and other adults. But it's not only Salvadorians. Puerto Ricans really don't like Mexicans and neither do the Dominicans and the Colombians and many other Hispanic nationalities. If they are confused as being from another nationality other than Mexican, the reaction is not that bad. A Puerto Rican friend was mistaken as a Dominican, Cuban, and even Brazilian. He says it doesn't bother him at all. But a Mexican he says it's an insult. In my region which is New York, Hispanics see Mexicans as being the lowest of the lowest. I know the Salvadorian's MS 13 gang's main target is Mexicans, but my nationality gets along well for the Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Colombians, and everyone else, it's just Mexico many Hispanic nationalities seem to have a problem with. Why is this?
Although I'm not Hispanic, I like Mexicans, especially your pretty senoritas!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:28 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,763,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
In Brazil Portuguese is the official language. I was told that is the language more than 99% of the population speak. I did not doubt it while there.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:23 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
....24 thousand dead through drug wars in one year...that is pretty evil.
What would be required to qualify for very evil?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico