Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 09:58 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,075,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztecgoddess View Post
Well Almeida, I've heard the "improving the race" mostly from guys, so I guess both genders have their share of guilt in this. And what is funny, mostly from dark skin guys.

I'd think that as a woman, good manners and love, are much more important than a guy skin color.

What I do agree with you is, this type of shallow people are truly the minority. Tough in a country so big and populated, sadly they're millions.

Yeah i agree. I think we tend to criticize the opposite sex more often than our own since that is what we are interested.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:02 PM

733 posts, read 940,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
You don't know what I do or I don't. Don't comment here if you don't think that blatant racism exists via La Raza then. They talk about the new "Race" of Mexicans as a whole, yes be it through their culture, language, experience, way of life, etc and not necessarily color though it tends to be brown. That can be as racist and poisonous as anything.
Wait, what do you mean by La Raza? Are you talking about an organization called La Raza or that has La Raza in it, are you talking about an unorganized group of people? What exactly are you referring to,

Last edited by Sunscape; 05-23-2014 at 08:06 PM..

Old 05-23-2014, 01:13 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,075,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
Wait, what do you mean by La Raza? Are you talking about an organization called La Raza or that has La Raza in it, are you talking about an unorganized group of people? What exactly are you referring to, your comments stink of bs either way.
That is why i didnt bothered to reply. He thinks Mexicans want to destroy the U.S. His head is too far up in the clouds.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
Azteca, racism is everywhere. The media through the world tries to portray the image of a light skin, slender, narrow features as the epitome of human beauty.

If you want to see worst racism look at the Dominican Republic, where there was genocide on blacks and alot of them were pushed off to Haiti even though they were Dominican. Look at Brazil, the last western hemisphere country to abolish slavery and the one to brought 40% of all slaves shipped. Look at the U.S where blacks have been in the country longer than most whites yet they are still not accepted by some of the most ignorant people ever.

Most Spaniards and Indigenous intermix with each other and now make up the Mestizo population. Blacks intermix with the indigenous of the coast of Yucan. Alot of the pure indigenous people, although poor of course, still have hold of their culture, their language and their lands. They weren't put in reservations out in the middle of no where they got drunk out of depression.

When you see heavy intermixing and not the complete degradation of group like if they were aliens that tells you something.

Racism in Mexico is childs play when compared to countries mentioned above
I wouldn't say the indigenous in Mexico get treated better than those in the US, they have a much stronger presence down there and have been able to preserve their languages better, Mesoamerica had more in the first place and the type of colonialism they have to deal with is of a different nature where it's based on this notion of mestizaje as opposed to settler colonialism, so it worked out differently. But it's not like Mexico has been all that much nicer, just look at how Mexico was treating the Yaqui, and look at how these conditions were able to sustain such a long lasting and successful movement as EZLN.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:31 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,390,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
That is why i didnt bothered to reply. He thinks Mexicans want to destroy the U.S. His head is too far up in the clouds.
never said that. I only stated that they are racist and have made some extreme racist statements

Old 05-23-2014, 06:33 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,390,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
Wait, what do you mean by La Raza? Are you talking about an organization called La Raza or that has La Raza in it, are you talking about an unorganized group of people? What exactly are you referring to, your comments stink of bs either way.
If you can't figure out what I am talking about all this time, then it is something in your statement that stinks.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
If you can't figure out what I am talking about all this time, then it is something in your statement that stinks.
NCLR? Seems like a pretty standard identity politics group focusing efforts on their cultural communities. They don't even seem very confrontational.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:24 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,342,054 times
I'm a U.S. expat living in Mexico and the rich Tapitos (Guadalajaraians) look down on us foreigners. They think we dress tacky, are too loud and not as refined as they are. They won't let us join some of their private clubs.

It's funny to me because as a tall, attractive, blond female I've never felt discrimination until I moved here. I was in the group that was never discriminated against and even feeling a little discrimination is a very uncomfortable feeling. How people live with actual bigoted hatred toward them I do not know.

All groups of people have some racism toward other groups. It's just the way humans are and why we have laws to make us treat others better.

"It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:48 AM

836 posts, read 2,948,606 times
is entertaining to watch as the Americans claim that there is racism in Mexico when they come from the most racist and discriminatory country in the world.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:44 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,905,546 times
There is racism, everywhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico