Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 05:27 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,407,761 times

Advertisements

Mexico DF looks pretty damn cool on google street view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 09:45 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Mexico DF looks pretty damn cool on google street view.
Mexico DF looks pretty damn cool in real life.

Old 04-11-2016, 10:28 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Is this a joke or something? Mexico City is the richest city in Mexico.
The only joke here is your apparent denial of how bad the slums are in parts of Mexico City.

Slums - mexicocitys jimdo page!

I think the link above will answer the OPs question. The Mexico City slums it discusses in the article are far worse than anything America has to compare.

Here's another link that describes the Mexico City neighbourhood of Neza-Chalco-Itza as "the largest slum in the world".

Old 04-11-2016, 12:43 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
The only joke here is your apparent denial of how bad the slums are in parts of Mexico City.
Except I never denied there were slums in DF, nor did I say anything about whether they are "bad" or not.

All I wrote was that DF is, by far, the richest city in Mexico (true) and that, comparatively, DF has a lower proportion of slum housing than other areas in Mexico (also true).
Neza isn't even Mexico City. It's in an adjacent state.

Honestly, if you're using Neza to prove your point, I think you aren't very familiar with DF.

Old 06-08-2016, 02:34 AM

1 posts, read 663 times
I have been pretty much everywhere around Mexico City and the metropolitan area during the last few years and I haven't seen any slums (as far as I understand this term). There are many poor working-class neighborhoods, especially in the eastern part (Neza, Chimalhuacán, Los Reyes La Paz, Chalco, Chicoloapan). They are concrete/brick houses, some of which may look ugly, undermaintained or unfinished, but they usually have the basic amenities as I visited them (water, electricity, phone, internet etc). Can someone show me a Google Street View of what they consider slums?

Old 06-14-2016, 03:39 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
Info from 2011 is not exactly being up to date that was posted by a person who resides outside Toronto Canada.

I am formally from Hamilton Ont......aboot 40 some miles from Toronto.

People need to look at this person with a grain of salt as he seems to have a HARD ON with Mexico and keeps posting negative things about the country and trust me......Canada along with the US and Mexico is by no means a place of 100% Luxury by any means. I have lived in all three and my present location in Baja Mexico is my last living place to stay.

I rode the small busses in Mexico City (lived there 3 yrs) and within the city under a bridge and a dry small river bed saw many shacks that people were around outside while living in them.

In Calif have seen where some people were living under FWY bridges and in a case a river bed.

Now surprisingly here south of TJ and Rosarito have never seen anything I just typed above while living here for over 20 yrs........maybe I'm missing something.

Now as to Hamilton and all......nothing to brag about.....could say the same thing about Toronto etc......Provincial and the RCMP do have their work put out for them.

Have not looked up the latest crime report in the Hamilton Spectator or the Toronto Star News lately but anyone can Google both places.......same could be said about any slum? areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico