Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2008, 06:10 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,275 times

Advertisements

Will my medical records transfer to Mexico or will I have to bring them? AND will I have to get Mexican health ins. or will I keep my American insurance?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 11:17 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
There is a invisible line between the US and Mexico. Info of that nature stay on its own side, like car insurance for an example. How many US doctors speak/read Spanish and Viseversa to English. Yrs ago my own DR had a problem reading my Mexican future wifes prescription bottle. The two just don't meet except on unusual cases. Good luck tho. Stefhen

Old 05-27-2008, 11:25 AM

Oh OK so would I have to hand carry my records and bring my old health insurance as proof so I could get my new insurance?

Thanks for helping me with the info.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:43 AM

Okay, it is difficult to get one MD to give up his folder to another MD let alone across International borders. My late mother had medical problems that many MDs could not diagnose and as a result had problems with transfering info. NOT all MDs want to admit to not being able to solve a medical problem. You can hand carry your personal medical info anywhere you wish, understanding is another problem you may come against. Insurance plans is something I am not familiar with, as I qualified under my Mexican spouses original coverage which I never had the occasion to use. Do believe medical ins is available to non citizens, just hope you can speak/read Spanish. They will always want your $$$$$$. Stefhen

Old 05-27-2008, 12:25 PM

Can't they just request t he medical records from the insurance company? I guess I will try to start collecting them now. I hate it because they send off the records to someplace and make me pay to retrieve them. UGH

I don't speak Spanish yet, but I am going to start to learn it. I have a few years yet til I will be ready to go so I will have enough time I hope

Do you know if I am going to have to get a visa and then leave for 6 months each year? Once I leave the US I really don't want to come back. Do you know if I will still have to pay income tax to the US? The money grubbers won't want me to leave. They squeeze every cent out of me that they can! LOL

Old 05-27-2008, 01:15 PM

You are asking a lot of questions that I am not privy too. I do not know if you are looking for residency on a PERMANENT Immagrant basis or to live quietly on retirement. Mexico has different VISA requirements and the best place is to speak with your nearest Mexican Embassy as to the requirements that may be filled. Any American can get a 90 day tourist visa. Sometimes a 180 day VISA. A person cannot get more the 2 , 180 day VISAS in 1 calender yr of 360 days. You finish one 180 day visit and LEAVE the country for 7-10 days and reapply for another 180 day VISA. They may question your need for another, because your passport will have the stamp showing the previous 180 day. In my case, I was married to a Mexican National in Mexico City and they understood my situation. They have whats called a FM3 or FM2 which allow you to live/work in Mexico under certain conditions. Certain requirements have to be met to qualify under those two titles. As for me, I have a house I built on a lot I bought which is under what I call conditional Title with a Mexican national as overseer to the Govmt, because I am close to the water and US border. Again as for me, I do not have the FM3 or FM2 or funds in Mexican Banks, as I cross the International Border 2-3 times a month and return to my home as a tourist. There are many Americans living south of the border and commute daily to work in US. Working in Mexico is possible under above listed titles, but money is low compared to US standards. Even in Mexico prices are climbing with many items being imported from US etc. I can only give my perspective as it pertains to me and will vary from other persons view point/experience. Wish you well. Buenas Suerte. Stefhen

Old 05-27-2008, 08:07 PM

Thanks Stefhen,

I didn't mean to ask so many questions. I don't understand how the Visa's work and I would hate to buy a home and then not be able to get a visa for some reason.

I will have to do alot more research before I make any decisions. I thank you for your time.

Jenny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico