Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 07:54 PM

3 posts, read 3,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva & David View Post
My wife and I are retiring in the Rosarito/Ensenada area next April or May and have just returned from Rosarito. We didn't have much time to look around and would love to hear from people who have decided to retire in that area. We are considering that area for obvious reasons, mostly cost of living and quality of life. Any information about housing (ocean view) condo or house, groceries, gas, utilities and so forth would be appreciated.
Hi Eva& David
My wife & I bought a home in Rancho Delmar , In Rosarito about 5yrs ago. So when we semi retire which will be in the start of 2015. I can say this. We have loved every minute of going there to stay at our home. The people are friendly, and the cost are conciderable less. Having owned a Contracting business in northern calif for over 30 yrs. I dream of us pulling the plug on Calif. Its not a friendly state to do business in & the cost are crazy to live here. Take time and look around and find a realtor you can use & I think you will enjoy it as we do. Rick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,095 times
My husband and I are wanting to buy some land to build a house on near rosarito. The only way I can convince him to move there is if can have enuf land to have his horses.does anybody have any knowledge about where the best area would be?

Old 02-08-2016, 11:18 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,683,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbingarcia View Post
My husband and I are wanting to buy some land to build a house on near rosarito. The only way I can convince him to move there is if can have enuf land to have his horses.does anybody have any knowledge about where the best area would be?
I think Mexico has rules about foreigners owning land within a certain distance to the ocean. In order to do it, you have to setup a Mexican bank trust so that the trust can own the land. Something like that. So that's the first thing I'd look into.

Old 03-31-2019, 10:27 PM

2 posts, read 903 times
Greetings,
Love your post(s)!!!! I made the decision as a 60year old widow with twin Puggles, to go to Mexico and meet a realtor to look at rentals. Live in Rosarito area for a year before making the decision to move permanently. SAFETY is so important to me, here in the US, not so much; victimized alot!
On the other hand, though a security/gated community is appealing, another purpose is to learn Spanish by immersion into the culture... I would love love this!
My budget is about 1,200. per month. Question: Wait until summer; do rents go down??? On a year's lease they remain lower?
I need to be fairly close to SanDiego due to health issues. Would love the beach a place. May find a roomate, it's a bit scary to be alone anywhere with no family. May get a househelper to live with me and I can help them through college or something.
A BEACH house or place? I am an RN, and also hope this can open some interesting activities for me also.

IDEAS anyone? Very excited for the first time in years!!! :-)))

Old 03-31-2019, 10:40 PM

2 posts, read 903 times
Default Where did you wind up Jonathan?

I'm coming Easter week to stay in Rosarito and look at rentals.

I am 60, widow and twin puggles.
I saw your post, wondering where your family chose to go?

I am concerned with security, and also want immersion for language skills enhancement and cultural curiosity.

I feel Gated Community meets my security needs and venture out to schools teaching English to learn Spanish?

Chat me anyone, if you can offer an idea on the beach!

Old 04-01-2019, 12:20 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Life here is like a beetch.
Have my own built home south of Rosarito (23yrs ).
I had two lge dogs (dad/ son) and as soon as they passed away 2-4 yrs past I was broken into three times and robbed inside my home twice.
Based upon the last time he would have killed me with the two items left behind.
Security camera showed his face.
Police did nothing.
I am the only American here so they hit me (am 87)
Finally got me a American Yorkshire Pit Bulll. She is lovable as heck but just barks up a storm....bite anyone I doubt it.
Living down here as many nice points and some bad ones.
Even having close? friends is NO guarantee they will be close by if a need arises as I found out.
Not to burst your bubble, there are thousands of Americans living down here with Larry a problem.
Just check on the Calif plated cars coming south at the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico