Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 06:18 PM

2 posts, read 4,035 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I am moving to Miami in August for a job, I am super excited and nervous as well. I am looking to move to Aventura or Brickell area, preferably a 1/1 apartment under 1400, any condo suggestions?

What is the dating life like for a single, 24 year old woman? Can anyone provide me with any useful tips, advice, anything would be beneficial. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 06:20 AM

16 posts, read 54,542 times
Question Brickell or Aventura

At your age you might prefer the area of Brickell over Aventura as the latter tends to have residents over the median age of 50. But I don't know where you will be working. Brickell might be a better choice for you also if that is where you are working as it will be less of a drive for you. Traffic in Miami can be quite stressful. Aventura is a nice town, though, and one I was considering to move to. (I just turned 50 )
This site is a great resource to check the towns you mentioned. Do a search on both areas to get the info you need and good luck!

Old 06-25-2010, 07:23 AM

2 posts, read 4,035 times
Thank you so much Jaicee for all of the great advice, I really appreciate it and happy belated birthday to you!

Old 06-25-2010, 07:42 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,331,229 times
Choose Brickell or Downtown, for sure.

There's a listing in Met 1 for a 1/1 that's $1300 a month (this is Downtown, though)
Also one for $1450 at Skyline on Brickell

There are obviously others out there, that was just looking ultra quickly.

By living in either Brickell or Downtown (or the very edge of Midtown by Margarete Pace Park) you'll have access to both Metromover and Metrorail.

Metromover is convenient to get to different parts of the urban core of Miami (for example, going over from Brickell to Bayside Marketplace) and since Metromover connects to Metrorail, you can head down to Dadeland for the mall/big box/other restaurants and not have to fight traffic.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:55 AM

200 posts, read 814,852 times
I think you would rather live in Brickell there are tons of young people who live there and "transplants" who come from all over the world

Old 06-25-2010, 06:07 PM

9 posts, read 18,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsaund1234 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am moving to Miami in August for a job, I am super excited and nervous as well. I am looking to move to Aventura or Brickell area, preferably a 1/1 apartment under 1400, any condo suggestions?

What is the dating life like for a single, 24 year old woman? Can anyone provide me with any useful tips, advice, anything would be beneficial. Thank you!
well miami is not a bad place to come to yes i no you here all the stories about miami but its what you make out of it.just watch the company you have around you bad company make bad problems but miami isnt what people make it seem everywhere you go is problems i lived here for 31years and have seen alot but its so fun here just because of some of the things i have seen wasnt right im not going to just pick up and leave here miami is a very money motive city alot of dating you come here you want no who to choose alot of partying i mean all night partying clubs here dont close until 4-5 am the latest 6 im telling you youre going to love it.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:00 AM

3 posts, read 3,912 times
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Hi, I am Nelcida Chakoff, a Real Estate Broker in the Miami Area. Miami is a very friendly city, we are a melting pot of different cultures and speak more than 56 languages. We'll make you fell right at Home.
Not only we offer the Sun we offer a very friendly lifestyle. info@ireisrealtors.com or 305-458-4900

Old 06-26-2010, 07:47 PM

16 posts, read 54,542 times
Quote:
Thank you so much Jaicee for all of the great advice, I really appreciate it and happy belated birthday to you!
Thanks

And another word of caution, what I tell my own daughter who is about your age: Just be careful out there....
as you would be in any big city. Hope you find a nice place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami