Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2010, 04:53 PM

44 posts, read 129,997 times

Advertisements

Hello..

We are about to move here and was wondering if anybody knows anything about this condo at all...

My research has found nothing and wanted to hear resident's opinions, etc...

thanks.....
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 14,780 times
The building is lovely, but the management company (Grand Marquis) is HORRIBLE!!! I do not advise moving into this building for that reason alone. They are rude, do not care about the residents or their issues, will nickle-and-dime you to death. In the two years I lived there, they went through six property managers and who knows how many assistants. There are so many apartments available in Miami, don't waste your money on this one.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:18 PM

I live in the building.

This past Tuesday I woke up to this:

Needless to say I went into a frenzy. These were $7000 wheels/tires.

This is a picture of the car of another victim. They stole her airbag 2 nights before.

This is a supposedly secured building but I just found out another 3
cars were burglarized this same week and there have been numerous incidents of car thefts, burglaries, break-ins, bike thefts, etc in the last 3 years.

Of course, management doesn't tell you anything when you are considering to rent or buy.

The truth is THERE ARE NO SECURITY CAMERAS IN THE GARAGE, ANYWHERE, except by the entrance gate and that one is so outdated and badly positioned that you can't make out a car tag or a face. And no security guy making rounds in the garage. Just a concierge sitting at the lobby looking at the few, useless cameras there are ( none in the garage nor corridors )

Obviously I get together with all the other victims and demand our damages to be paid by the HOA/management. Their answer was basically: well, call your insurance. We are not liable.

That's when I decided EVERYBODY in the building should know about what happened.

I started posting flyers door by door explaining what happened and citing them to a meeting. Half the building came and everybody was very supportive. Nobody knew the building was going through this kind of management, or lack there of.

The next day I get a call from the developer/owner of most units in the building: a Peter Torres.

He proceeds to tell me I should sue the security company instead ( the one they hired and keep employing ) and that he would not install new cameras or hire new security guards. They couldn't afford it he said. A security guard is $128,000 / year investment.

He then in a very mocking tone told me I should probably move to a place where rent is $20,000+ per month since I drove a Maserati. That way I could have better security and an armed guard by my car.

Needless to say things went bad from here.

The next day me and the other victim ( the third victim rents from an owner ) were served with a Non Renewal letter. Basically Mr. Peter Torres now wants us out of the building. This proves retaliatory action and actually makes our case easier.

All 3 of us ( latest victims ) will be suing him, his companies and the building for damages plus I will be posting every single incident police report I find regarding Nordica Condominiums online for everybody to find.

There is a long history of them and of management ineptitude.

I will make sure everybody that is considering buying or renting here goes to a different place. Nordica Condos at 2525 SW 3 ave Miami FL 33129 don't care about the safety of its residents. It is that simple. If all the other Astor Companies condo buildings are run the way this one is DO NOT BUY OR RENT THERE.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophies Treasures View Post
The building is lovely, but the management company (Grand Marquis) is HORRIBLE!!! I do not advise moving into this building for that reason alone. They are rude, do not care about the residents or their issues, will nickle-and-dime you to death. In the two years I lived there, they went through six property managers and who knows how many assistants. There are so many apartments available in Miami, don't waste your money on this one.

Thanks Sophie, for posting this.

I wish I had seen it sooner.

Care to share your experiences more in detail?

Old 05-08-2012, 10:36 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,806,193 times
You drive a Maserati, and you live in the Nordica? I guess one benefit of having my old Ford is that no one is going to steal it or anything off of it. Ok, I rather just have the Maserati and take my chances.

Seriously, it seems like you can afford a nice place, I do not know why you are in Brickell and living west of 95, heck even US1, come on over, it is not perfect and I am sure things do happen, but I have been here for 20 months and not heard of anything in my place and others.

I have heard nothing but garbage about the Nordica, but from people who knows a friend of a friend that lived there, I never spoke to anyone that actually lived there.

I sometimes think these things are inside jobs, seems stuff like this is not just random, but planned out pretty good, as in they know people's schedules, and have easy access in and out of the place without much worry.

Did you have locking lugs?

Old 05-08-2012, 11:08 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,820,994 times
I agree, that has inside job written all over it. It is quite possibly a buddy of one of the security guards or an employee of the condo. They provide the access, know most of the peoples daily schedules, and know about all of the security systems and where they are located. That is what I call pre incident planning at its finest.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:18 PM

well, here is the thing. The place is not exactly cheap and we HAD NO IDEA things like this had been happening for years. Management doesnt tell you anything that's for sure.

Also, there is a Phantom Rolls Royce and other exotics in the building. We actually liked the building. It is the management and the developer that do not care about the safety or well being of its residents.

Incidents like this could have been stopped on its tracks with a few security cameras and a guard doing rounds. Basic stuff other buildings have. But their bottom line was more important.

It took a few of us to get organized and finally let all tenants and owners know what was going on.

We are moving out and a lot of other people are as well.

Oh, and the victims ( us that demmanded something to be done ) were served with non-renewal letters. Talk about retaliation.

We are moving out now.

Nordica Condos 2525 sw 3 ave Miami FL 33129

Old 05-09-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
You drive a Maserati, and you live in the Nordica? I guess one benefit of having my old Ford is that no one is going to steal it or anything off of it. Ok, I rather just have the Maserati and take my chances.

Seriously, it seems like you can afford a nice place, I do not know why you are in Brickell and living west of 95, heck even US1, come on over, it is not perfect and I am sure things do happen, but I have been here for 20 months and not heard of anything in my place and others.

I have heard nothing but garbage about the Nordica, but from people who knows a friend of a friend that lived there, I never spoke to anyone that actually lived there.

I sometimes think these things are inside jobs, seems stuff like this is not just random, but planned out pretty good, as in they know people's schedules, and have easy access in and out of the place without much worry.

Did you have locking lugs?

This IS A NICE PLACE and not cheap at all. I wish they had disclosed their ongoing burglaries, break-ins, prostitution incidents, vandalism BEFORE we even considered moving in.

Hell, I could pay less and move to the center of Brickell with better security but I was avoiding being surrounded by skyscrapers.

Fact is, the first time an incident happened they should have installed more cameras and hired at least a guard to do rounds. They didn't and things kept happening.

Nordica Condo 2525 sw 3 ave Miami fl 33129

Old 05-21-2012, 04:55 PM

well, two bikes were stolen last night from here again. And nobody was even in today from the management office.

Basically, the problems continue and nothing of substance has been done.

Nordica Condo 2525 sw 3 ave Miami fl 33129

Old 05-21-2012, 05:37 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,452,069 times
Maybe go down to your local police station and speak to someone there. They can give you more information about anything that they are doing. People need to report the crimes to the police. Also residents need to be aware of people that shouldn't be in their building. Call the non emergency line at 305 4Police if you or any of your residents see something/someone that looks suspicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami