Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 07:24 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ositosucio View Post
This IS A NICE PLACE and not cheap at all. I wish they had disclosed their ongoing burglaries, break-ins, prostitution incidents, vandalism BEFORE we even considered moving in.

Hell, I could pay less and move to the center of Brickell with better security but I was avoiding being surrounded by skyscrapers.

Fact is, the first time an incident happened they should have installed more cameras and hired at least a guard to do rounds. They didn't and things kept happening.

Nordica Condo 2525 sw 3 ave Miami fl 33129
With your budget, you could afford an east or west view and not feel like you are in a condo canyon.

Nordica may be nice physically, but that seems to be the extent of it. I think of nice in more than terms of physical.

I still believe it was an inside job, there is no way getting your wheels stolen and airbags stolen from another car was random.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 07:28 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
well, two bikes were stolen last night from here again. And nobody was even in today from the management office.

Basically, the problems continue and nothing of substance has been done.

That could have been random, or again an inside job depending on the bikes and where they were located.

Inside jobs usually have the person, or persons working who would have intimate knowledge of the residences patterns, and they would be the one granting access and being on the lookout to warn if someone is approaching.

People like this usually know people that can move these stolen goods, the inside person gets a fee for providing the info for the thieves, the thieves strike when they already have a buyer for something.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:47 PM

984 posts, read 4,314,917 times
I also live in this factually horrid, badly managed, crime infested building and just saw another issues only in a week, a small marijuana joint was found in the pool area and also there was a strange, and possibly criminal related, noise (at 3am, and I heard that clinking noise of high-heel shoes - also noise of doors closing and opening several times and of people talking very loudly) in the corridor of the damn building. That will have be reported to MPD.

Thank God I'm moving not only to another building but to another city as well in few weeks. I'm done with Miami (no problem with the city, it's fine overall and great for some kinds of people, but not for me). I work for the police (as a civilian, let me be clear) for almost a year now and know personally the president of the Florida F.O.P. Jim Preston. When I get the hell out of this hopeless place I will talk with him and other high-ranking contacts that I have in the force to see if something real can be done to put those people in jail. It's brutal what they've been doing here, I've lived in several other cheaper buildings (in Metro Dade) and never something of this scale happened. Let's see if they continue after a direct (police) intervention in this place.

Last edited by JacobMAX; 05-31-2012 at 05:58 PM..

Old 05-31-2012, 05:53 PM

984 posts, read 4,314,917 times
Quote:
well, two bikes were stolen last night from here again. And nobody was even in today from the management office.

Basically, the problems continue and nothing of substance has been done.

I should note that management would never do anything significant as well. You can PM if you need any help/question, as I also live in Nordica.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:42 AM

44 posts, read 129,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
I also live in this factually horrid, badly managed, crime infested building and just saw another issues only in a week, a small marijuana joint was found in the pool area and also there was a strange, and possibly criminal related, noise (at 3am, and I heard that clinking noise of high-heel shoes - also noise of doors closing and opening several times and of people talking very loudly) in the corridor of the damn building. That will have be reported to MPD.

Thank God I'm moving not only to another building but to another city as well in few weeks. I'm done with Miami (no problem with the city, it's fine overall and great for some kinds of people, but not for me). I work for the police (as a civilian, let me be clear) for almost a year now and know personally the president of the Florida F.O.P. Jim Preston. When I get the hell out of this hopeless place I will talk with him and other high-ranking contacts that I have in the force to see if something real can be done to put those people in jail. It's brutal what they've been doing here, I've lived in several other cheaper buildings (in Metro Dade) and never something of this scale happened. Let's see if they continue after a direct (police) intervention in this place.
hey hi there...

This building is certainly a hell hole. Incompetence at its worst. We are moving out next month and can't get wait to do it.

I have a copy of all police reports on incidents in this building since 2009 and it is enough to scare anybody off. PM me.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
With your budget, you could afford an east or west view and not feel like you are in a condo canyon.

Nordica may be nice physically, but that seems to be the extent of it. I think of nice in more than terms of physical.

I still believe it was an inside job, there is no way getting your wheels stolen and airbags stolen from another car was random.
Yeah, the problem is the lack of security. Basically a resident could take whatever they feel like from the garage and then go back to their unit through the stairs and not a single camera would see anything.

As you know, there is zero security. NO cameras in the stairs, corridors, garage, etc. The only cameras are by the entrance and gym. Looking at the police reports now I see why they installed one in the gym. The TVs had been stolen from there before.

I am guessing since it was THEIR property, in this case, they cared.

Last edited by ositosucio; 06-18-2012 at 11:03 AM..

Old 06-18-2012, 04:26 PM

Here I present the incident police reports for Nordica Condos 2525 SW 3 ave Miami FL 33129.

I can't say I am surprised at all. I wish I had known before I rented.

Nordica Condos Police Reports

Vandalism
Burglaries
Larceny
Stolen Vehicles
..and much more.

I was told many times the building was safe and nothing out of the ordinary has ever happened. This is
simply the result of nonexistent security measures. These are the consequences when installing some BASIC CAMERAS in key places is not a priority for management. Their bottom line is.

Nordica Condos

Old 06-19-2012, 03:59 PM

106 posts, read 221,730 times
I applaud you for bringing this matter to light. Keep up the fight. I hope the management company suffers the proper consequences for failing to provide adequate security.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralsex View Post
I applaud you for bringing this matter to light. Keep up the fight. I hope the management company suffers the proper consequences for failing to provide adequate security.
Thank you. My only intention is to somehow improve security in this building to at least decent levels. I am moving next month regardless. I understand that management is not entirely to blame as the important decisions come from the top.

I have been told that these kind of incidents happen everywhere. That's not the case. I have lived in many places in the Brickell area and other less affluent areas and never had these kind of issues.

But like "the developer" told me to my face, basic security is luxury in this building and they cannot afford it so I should move to the ICON instead.

I have made a ton of friends in this building and even after I am gone Id love to see some kind of improvement for their own security.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,838 times
Default Maserati

I have been following your posts and trying to find out some more information. What was the outcome? Details? Etc. ***MOD CUT*** Going thru something similar. I am pretty sure you can help. Thanks.

Last edited by doggiebus; 03-25-2013 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: Please use private message to contact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami