Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2010, 11:46 AM

2 posts, read 3,806 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'll be moving at the end of December (currently live in the Kendall-Country Walk area). Looking for a change of scenery from Suburbia.Tired of the yard work. Living close to the beach and being in walking distance to shops is a great appeal. I've been looking at sites and have seen a few rental condos pop up in the area. It looks like a nice area just by having driven through a few of the streets. But driving on a nice sunny Saturday doesn't really give you a feel for the people and landscape on a regular day.

What type of people live in the area? Is it safe to go walking my dog at night for example? How's the crime? Any spots in Sunny Isles to stay away from? Or is the general area all in the same boat so to speak?

Any help or info on the area would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 12:45 PM

115 posts, read 337,547 times
Sunny Isles Beach is a very nice safe area, getting quite family friendly. Beachfront condos are mostly upscale and expensive, even for rentals. On the west side of Collins, it's a little cheaper, depending on what amenities you expect, and how old the building is.
Dogs are not allowed on the beach.
It has a large russian/jewish population. Nice restaurants, so so shopping (but Aventura Mall is 5 minutes away).
It basically comes down to where you work and if a communte is involved, since it's not that easy to get to I95 from SIB. Otherwise,it's a great beach to live on.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:36 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,943,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimrk01 View Post
Hi,

I'll be moving at the end of December (currently live in the Kendall-Country Walk area). Looking for a change of scenery from Suburbia.Tired of the yard work. Living close to the beach and being in walking distance to shops is a great appeal. I've been looking at sites and have seen a few rental condos pop up in the area. It looks like a nice area just by having driven through a few of the streets. But driving on a nice sunny Saturday doesn't really give you a feel for the people and landscape on a regular day.

What type of people live in the area? Is it safe to go walking my dog at night for example? How's the crime? Any spots in Sunny Isles to stay away from? Or is the general area all in the same boat so to speak?

Any help or info on the area would be greatly appreciated.
Sunny Isles is very safe, no problems there. Depending on your commute and your budget, Miami Beach itself may be a better choice as far as urban environment.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:22 PM

119 posts, read 313,269 times
Sunny Isles Bch is the place to live.... soooo nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami