Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 06:36 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times

Advertisements

sort-of a word used in repetition to the point of meaninglessness.

...so like there was this thing and like...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 06:46 AM

888 posts, read 886,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
sort-of a word used in repetition to the point of meaninglessness.

...so like there was this thing and like...
I see.
I agree, used in that way it can become meaningless.
Kind of like perpetually paraphrasing every word out of your mouth.
That would be annoying.

However, bro can replace a first name/proper name. Instead of saying oye Luis this, oye Luis that, we substitute bro for it

A first name is not meaningless, and I see nothin wrong with a little first name repetition for emphasis with friends/colleagues of mine. If I substitute the name with bro, it's mostly a friendly vibe even if you're not happy with the other person or disagree, they're still a bro.

for girls I say chica or girl... some gringas don't like it, but most latina girls don't mind whatsoever as long as you say it in the right way/context

Old 01-20-2011, 06:58 AM

932 posts, read 1,177,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post
I see.
I agree, used in that way it can become meaningless.
Kind of like perpetually paraphrasing every word out of your mouth.
That would be annoying.

However, bro can replace a first name/proper name. Instead of saying oye Luis this, oye Luis that, we substitute bro for it

A first name is not meaningless, and I see nothin wrong with a little first name repetition for emphasis with friends/colleagues of mine. If I substitute the name with bro, it's mostly a friendly vibe even if you're not happy with the other person or disagree, they're still a bro.

for girls I say chica or girl... some gringas don't like it, but most latina girls don't mind whatsoever as long as you say it in the right way/context
The "bro" thing is overused here. It's fine when you're out on a bender with your buddies, but it's unprofessional at work. I work in quite a corporate environment, yet I still hear grown men referring to one another as "bro" too many times. I also think that "bro" should be used less when you pass 25 or frat boy age. This applies universally, not just to Miami.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:43 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Those girls are Miami girlS?

How do you kn ow??

Old 01-20-2011, 10:10 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
The map is interesting but without other information it can't really be converted into usable data. For example, race may play a big role in the disparity between male/female numbers. Are all of those extra guys in LA illegal alien day workers? If so, that's probably not going to be a big draw for single women.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:17 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
Wow, a lot to comment on here ....

To Pear: And you were asking about where in the Northeast people beat each other senseless for no reason. All those Jersey Shore types ...

CixCell: Dunno what the JS types think about Miami guys, I didn't watch the second season but it seems like they did get run out of town real quick didn't they? I wonder if Miami hated them or they hated Miami. But I would never personally go somewhere where they actually congregate... they tend to not communicate so well ...

Glas: So how much do you think that jacquazz dressed like scarface paid those two honeys to pose for the pic?

All in all I guess that idiot is the reason regular guys do so well with Miami women. Perhaps when they meet a guy who is not just a complete posterior they just go crazy.

Of course the other thing I was wondering when they show the comparison of the # of women vs men in Miami, I wonder if they are also counting the men who are presently incarcerated. I'm guessing that if they do, that would probably reduce the relative number of available males by quite a lot. What would you guys guess - 20K? 40?

Anyways, that's what I always figure about Miami. The reason there are so many available women is because all the guys are in jail.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:26 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post
So, you really do not want a great guy after all?
Then, why are you complaining?
Miami has plenty of macho jerks & rebels - maybe that's what you really want - but only on your terms.
Please explain so we can all benefit.
Well, these "great guys" who are friends of mine or part of a group of people I hang out with usually end up moving back to where they came from (Georgia, Massachusetts, Chicago, Denver), moving for work/school and never coming back (Orlando, Boston) or some I just had nothing in common with and lived to far away from to keep seeing them regularly (Pompano and Tamarac).

Old 01-20-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
The map is interesting but without other information it can't really be converted into usable data. For example, race may play a big role in the disparity between male/female numbers. Are all of those extra guys in LA illegal alien day workers? If so, that's probably not going to be a big draw for single women.

I don't agree with what you said, but all the stupid in this thread is making me LOL

Old 01-20-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
Wow, a lot to comment on here ....

To Pear: And you were asking about where in the Northeast people beat each other senseless for no reason. All those Jersey Shore types ...

CixCell: Dunno what the JS types think about Miami guys, I didn't watch the second season but it seems like they did get run out of town real quick didn't they? I wonder if Miami hated them or they hated Miami. But I would never personally go somewhere where they actually congregate... they tend to not communicate so well ...

Glas: So how much do you think that jacquazz dressed like scarface paid those two honeys to pose for the pic?

All in all I guess that idiot is the reason regular guys do so well with Miami women. Perhaps when they meet a guy who is not just a complete posterior they just go crazy.

Of course the other thing I was wondering when they show the comparison of the # of women vs men in Miami, I wonder if they are also counting the men who are presently incarcerated. I'm guessing that if they do, that would probably reduce the relative number of available males by quite a lot. What would you guys guess - 20K? 40?

Anyways, that's what I always figure about Miami. The reason there are so many available women is because all the guys are in jail.
Yes, I was, but I'm pretty sure you already answered my question

Old 02-01-2011, 02:10 PM

12 posts, read 17,918 times
women are worst than men down here

they are too money hungry and want everything given to them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami