Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should M-D Mayor Carlos Alvarez be recalled ?
YES 13 68.42%
NO 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 03:05 AM

59 posts, read 182,456 times

Advertisements

I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks about the upcoming ballot regarding Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Alvarez's Recall...,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 03:43 PM

604 posts, read 856,506 times
I'm ambivalent about Alvarez. I'm bummed that I don't get to vote to kick Natasha Seijas out of office, though.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:18 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,384,982 times
Maybe it's just me being in an anti-incumbent mood, but he needs to go. I also can't say his replacement will be much better given this county's track record, but just the Marlins stadium saga is enough to push me to vote for the recall.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:38 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
we need new blood in power, can not having a criminal record be mandatory for the best jobs in Miami?

Old 03-01-2011, 11:43 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Depends on what kinds of crimes

Old 03-02-2011, 12:45 PM

146 posts, read 225,210 times
Default Isn't this what elections are for?

I may not (in fact, do not) agree with all of the decisions that he and Miami commissioners have made; however, I believe that recall votes should be reserved for particularly egregious misbehavior. Incompetence, illicit behavior, that sort of thing.

Going around recalling every politician who makes decisions we disagree with would quickly usher in chaos. That's what elections are for. If you disagree with an officeholder, vote them out next time around.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:22 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,940,440 times
Trying to get the recall petition thrown out based on technicalities took away my last bit of support for Alvarez.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:13 PM

As interesting as politics is, I find when I pay too much attention to it, its a bummer. Its just all so blatently corrupt.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:53 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
As interesting as politics is, I find when I pay too much attention to it, its a bummer. Its just all so blatently corrupt.
I agree 100% Pear. The more you know about it, the less you care if you have scruples. You just can't. Politicians are just evil people. Shut off the tv and go to the Beach. The ocean doesn't lie, cheat or steal.

I didn't even bother to look at the poll.

I have heard that the whole recall thing is put on by some super rich guy who wants some property around the Omni Station and city hall is in the way. So he essentially paid poor folks chump change to sign and get signatures. And that's what this is always about. If ya got a couple billion dollars and stand to make another 10%, spending a couple mil on commercials, payola, and press is a modest venture.

Like the recent John Kerry vs George Bush. One was a dem the other rep, but BOTH belonged to a tiny little super exclusive and secretive club called the Skull and Bones Society. Find out who they are and then you'll suddenly know a whole lot more about politics. But anyways, regardless of whether you voted D or R, one thing was guaranteed - no matter what the outcome - the winner would definitely be Skull and Bones.

Shortly after realizing that my interest in politics evaporated like a waterspout. I mean really, it's nothing but a puppet show. And I won't even go into voting machines (I am a programmer). Hell as soon as they showed up, your trip to the poll is about as valid ... well, hell ....

Old 03-03-2011, 08:03 PM

I read a great book about Skull and Bones called "Inside the Tomb", its a short book, can ready it in one day.

I agree that we should just shut off the TV and beach it up!

I'm pretty sure a large percentage of high-up American politicians must have severe mental problems such as anti-social personality disorder (used to be known as being a sociopath).

I'm not saying this is a sure thing, but its just a belief I have that I tend to keep to myself.

Certain politicans have this kind of face that just, well, they look like scumbags.

Look at Rick Scott, if I saw him in the street or if he was a client of mine, just by observing his face and his manerisims, he comes off as iffy to me.

Then there is Jon Kerry, who has been proven to be somewhat fickle but he doesn't give off the same creep vibes as other politicians.

Anyways, thats my 2 cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami