Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 04:10 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,108,829 times

Advertisements

Winter

Those people were non-existing in Miami, not a single one.
It seems that most are illegal, why do they allow it?
Those people are in detriment of legal Latins and they give a bad name to the city.
Poor "Calle Ocho"....more like "Little Tegucigalpa"..
Yes, I saw a couple of black chusmones probably from Cuba, also non-existing before.
Poor city!!

Last edited by Manolón; 03-17-2011 at 04:19 AM..

Old 03-17-2011, 05:30 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Didn't they come with refuge permits from the government during the 80's civil wars? Anyways, I don't think a paper will have any impact on a person's behavior. A "plan8" Cuban, with papers or not, is still the same plan8 cuban. Those papers are just meant to keep control of population, nothing else... people are not going to magically change their self beings (chusma) once they get their green card; however, they might be able to upscale their social environment (if they can). Are poor anglos and blacks illegals just for being poor?

Old 03-17-2011, 05:49 AM

Before, South Americans in South Florida were rich or high middle class from European colonies there, you had the Lebanese, Hungarian, German, etc.

Nicaraguans in South Florida were members of the "13 families", Guatemalans were from the large German colony there, etc. There were also rich Mexicans. There were no Maras or Salvadoreans with tatoos, no indigenous people with pony tails.

Why do they let poor, unskilled and potencially dangerous people from those countries?

As to Cubans, that's political and it has been going on during the last 50 years. I personally think they should have cut it in 1980, but it will keep on for strictly political reasons. I believe that the influx of "Hombres Nuevos" is damaging Cubans established there more than anything else, and worse of all, all the money they earn ends in Cuba. I don't see the influx faltering in the future. Cubans are and will be as unavoidable in Miami as the Irish in Boston. New arrivals from Cuba are just like "Russian Jews" in NY, nothing to do with Jews.

Last edited by Manolón; 03-17-2011 at 06:04 AM..

Old 03-17-2011, 07:05 AM

199 posts, read 475,965 times
Seems like it is a sin to look indian. Disagree there. Calle Ocho festival is still majority Cuban. There are many people from other countries but the ones that are loud, crass, speak Spanish that sounds like Cambodian, are very tattooed, holler at any woman that walks by and have women that are underdressed and are simulating sex as they dance are the Cubans and other Caribbeans. Have been to Calle Ocho and seen it with my eyes. The "indians" are definitely low key compared to them. The Cubans you see on the island change within a few months when they get here to Miami. Of course I am talking about the "element" that goes to Calle Ocho as many Cubans I know are very nice and cool people and wouldn't be caught there.

Manolon, the Central Americans and other S. Americans are not the ones that give Latins a bad name or commit most crime in Miami. When non-Miamians trash Miami for its Latins it is usually the Cubans what they have in mind. And there were more Nicaraguans in the late 70's and 80's in Miami than the members of the "13 Families" [a term usually used for El Salvador, not Nicaragua]. Lots more.

Winterfront, I believe that Peruvians in Miami are hard-working and low-key. They are still mostly indian-looking (a more Andean look, biger heads and noses and boxier bodies than the Central Americans). Also most hispanic asians in Miami I meet turn out to be Peruvians.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:41 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
HEY! I can't believe this thread turned into a thread bashing indian looking folks. Everyone shut up and love each other, you don't have to make babies with eachother but shut up and give eachother a FREAKING HUG!!!

Old 03-17-2011, 07:43 AM

199 posts, read 475,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
HEY! I can't believe this thread turned into a thread bashing indian looking folks. Everyone shut up and love each other, you don't have to make babies with eachother but shut up and give eachother a FREAKING HUG!!!

Old 03-17-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
Before, South Americans in South Florida were rich or high middle class from European colonies there, you had the Lebanese, Hungarian, German, etc.

Nicaraguans in South Florida were members of the "13 families", Guatemalans were from the large German colony there, etc. There were also rich Mexicans. There were no Maras or Salvadoreans with tatoos, no indigenous people with pony tails.

Why do they let poor, unskilled and potencially dangerous people from those countries?

As to Cubans, that's political and it has been going on during the last 50 years. I personally think they should have cut it in 1980, but it will keep on for strictly political reasons. I believe that the influx of "Hombres Nuevos" is damaging Cubans established there more than anything else, and worse of all, all the money they earn ends in Cuba. I don't see the influx faltering in the future. Cubans are and will be as unavoidable in Miami as the Irish in Boston. New arrivals from Cuba are just like "Russian Jews" in NY, nothing to do with Jews.

My father was a Russian Jew and VERY MUCH part of the Jewish American community thank you very much. Your posts lack credibility, how do you know the Russian jews are seperated from the other Jews?

Are you a Jew who has lived in NY?

Only down here where everyone is FREAKING RACIST towards everyone else they may be living in seperate communities with different customs, RACISM = IGNORANCE.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggerhead Shrike View Post
Seems like it is a sin to look indian. Disagree there. Calle Ocho festival is still majority Cuban. There are many people from other countries but the ones that are loud, crass, speak Spanish that sounds like Cambodian, are very tattooed, holler at any woman that walks by and have women that are underdressed and are simulating sex as they dance are the Cubans and other Caribbeans. Have been to Calle Ocho and seen it with my eyes. The "indians" are definitely low key compared to them. The Cubans you see on the island change within a few months when they get here to Miami. Of course I am talking about the "element" that goes to Calle Ocho as many Cubans I know are very nice and cool people and wouldn't be caught there.

Manolon, the Central Americans and other S. Americans are not the ones that give Latins a bad name or commit most crime in Miami. When non-Miamians trash Miami for its Latins it is usually the Cubans what they have in mind. And there were more Nicaraguans in the late 70's and 80's in Miami than the members of the "13 Families" [a term usually used for El Salvador, not Nicaragua]. Lots more.

Winterfront, I believe that Peruvians in Miami are hard-working and low-key. They are still mostly indian-looking (a more Andean look, biger heads and noses and boxier bodies than the Central Americans). Also most hispanic asians in Miami I meet turn out to be Peruvians.

That pretty much sums up Calle Ocho .

I also agree that the South Americans and Central Amerians are not the ones giving Latins a "bad name". Actually, most South Americans are far more conservative in manners and behavior compared to many other Latins.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:31 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
I wanted to say what you guys are saying, but did so in a more indirect and judgmental way (nothing wrong with the ladder). It surprised me how unthoughful Manolon's post were in regard of indian looking people. I have friends who have those features and I was deeply hurt by his comments.

And about the "nothing to do with jews"... damn, what does that even mean??

Old 03-17-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
My father was a Russian Jew and VERY MUCH part of the Jewish American community thank you very much. Your posts lack credibility, how do you know the Russian jews are seperated from the other Jews?

Are you a Jew who has lived in NY?

Only down here where everyone is FREAKING RACIST towards everyone else they may be living in seperate communities with different customs, RACISM = IGNORANCE.
----

I'm not referring to Russian Jews, but "Russian Jews".....
I'm referring to Russians that simulated they were Jews to immigrate to the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami