Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 08:41 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,503,838 times

Advertisements

My mother's husband received 3 TICKETS! on the same day 1 for making a right turn to the left lane, 2nd for not stopping clearly in a stop sign, 3rd for not having insurance ().

The funny thing is he says he didn't violate anything and that the cops are just stopping people randomly to look for money, but when i was under his wing (in my teens) he did ALL of that (didn't stop fully in a stop sign, made a right turn then changed to the left lane instead of staying in the right lane when you make a right turn).

What is it with this city? it's like people forgot everything they studied before they passed the driving test .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 08:46 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,674,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
My mother's husband received 3 TICKETS! on the same day 1 for making a right turn to the left lane, 2nd for not stopping clearly in a stop sign, 3rd for not having insurance ().

The funny thing is he says he didn't violate anything and that the cops are just stopping people randomly to look for money, but when i was under his wing (in my teens) he did ALL of that (didn't stop fully in a stop sign, made a right turn then changed to the left lane instead of staying in the right lane when you make a right turn).

What is it with this city? it's like people forgot everything they studied before they passed the driving test .
He is lucky they didn't impound his car. In most states having no car insurance means the car goes bye bye.

I have no pity for people who drive with no car insurance.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:37 PM

It's always the F.O.B's who have no Insurance, they complain it costs too much.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:43 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,213,856 times
They should be more strict when it comes to driving... put more cameras, make the tickets triple the pricier, revoke licenses after 2 tickets, give tickets to noisy cars, etc... whatever it takes to humble down to population.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:11 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,856,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
It is like what I posted in another thread; it is not that they forgot, it is that they do not care, no testing in the world will change that.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:15 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,856,904 times
That is nice he got three tickets, in the mean time I-95 is almost a death trap the way people drive and you will not see a cop doing anywhere.

In Miami people seem to speed and weave in and out of lanes more than other places; but the rolling through stop signs is a normal thing across the US, same with many people driving without insurance. Until things started to go electronically in some states with insurance reporting, I knew people who would pay one payment and cancel, that way they have the insurance card to show the police.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
They should be more strict when it comes to driving... put more cameras, make the tickets triple the pricier, revoke licenses after 2 tickets, give tickets to noisy cars, etc... whatever it takes to humble down to population.
''put more cameras'' They're already doing that in some high traffic streets where accidents occur frequently.

The rest i favor as well.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:38 AM

221 posts, read 453,851 times
Those are all clear violations. I got a ticket for not doing a full and complete stop at a stop sign I thought was pretty pointless near my house, lesson learned, I now obey all traffic laws down to the tee after the $190 fine and 4-hour traffic school.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:15 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,955,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Just wait till he gets his premium or cancellation notice from his insurance company, a revocation from the DMV would seem kind.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlueBlue View Post
Those are all clear violations. I got a ticket for not doing a full and complete stop at a stop sign I thought was pretty pointless near my house, lesson learned, I now obey all traffic laws down to the tee after the $190 fine and 4-hour traffic school.
When it says STOP it means STOP, stopping slowly is not stopping.

That's the mistake many people in Miami make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami