Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
So? You dont represent the whole state of Texas. The statistics speak for themselves. Millions of Americans listen to country music, not 3 or 4 people. You guys can argue all day long about "what the real America is like" but you don't have facts to back up your claims besides personal anecdotes. Last time I checked Garth Brooks sold more than a few records.

The only thong this thread is showing is your own prejuidice, not only against Latino but against country music listeners. People like you would never be happy anywhere because you will always walk around with your negativity and "fuchi" attitude(higher than thou) Something brought you here in the first plac and I don't think the Cubans went to your local towns recruiting people to move here. You didn't do your reasearch and people are different than you? YOUR problem. Grow up people and stop acting like little girls whining about things you CAN'T change.
This quote is priceless, coming from someone who is so self absorbed, she thinks she's a 'princesa' and makes racist comments against African Americans and generalizations about country music and those that listen to it. Spoiler alert! Raggeaton is NOT the music of choice for the REST of America.
Stop deflecting. Everything the OP and GatorMama stated were right on point. Y'all are just upset that people are calling all you out on your BS so you show your true Miami selves and throw around angry comments and deflect talking about country music.
Princess, you sound like a spoiled, typical, self serving, Cuban who thinks they 'deserve' Miami. Funny you claim of someone's prejudice when the Cubans have done such a great job of segregating African Americans and even other hispanic groups in Miami. After you graduate from HS and learn how to spell, you should get a job, save some money, and travel sometime to the US (anywhere outside of Miami), and see what a REAL melting pot is.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:22 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyJD75 View Post
This quote is priceless, coming from someone who is so self absorbed, she thinks she's a 'princesa' and makes racist comments against African Americans and generalizations about country music and those that listen to it. Spoiler alert! Raggeaton is NOT the music of choice for the REST of America.
Stop deflecting. Everything the OP and GatorMama stated were right on point. Y'all are just upset that people are calling all you out on your BS so you show your true Miami selves and throw around angry comments and deflect talking about country music.
Princess, you sound like a spoiled, typical, self serving, Cuban who thinks they 'deserve' Miami. Funny you claim of someone's prejudice when the Cubans have done such a great job of segregating African Americans and even other hispanic groups in Miami. After you graduate from HS and learn how to spell, you should get a job, save some money, and travel sometime to the US (anywhere outside of Miami), and see what a REAL melting pot is.
What on earth are you talking about? My next door neighbors are Peruvians, and my other neighbors are Mexicans. Where i live there is a little bit of everything except African-Americans.

Why are you talking out of your ass?

Old 05-03-2011, 11:24 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,106,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
That's right and a a time the city needs all the feet in the city it can muster.

It doesn't bode well for Miami's future and like you said, one hurricane can wipe out what's left.

----

Yes, rednecks and hobos are a great loss.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:30 AM

911 posts, read 1,712,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
----

Yes, rednecks and hobos are a great loss.
Welcome to the party! Missed you.

HoboRed

Old 05-03-2011, 11:31 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
Seeing you guys calling others "rednecks", "high school students", "cubans", "non-assimilated" and other names, as insults, cracks me up every time.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:32 AM

-----

Do you know what the MIAMI RIOTS were?

Have you seen a large mass of African Americans cutting to pieces a truck driver from Ft. Lauderdale?

Have you seen a large crowd of African Americans taking out an old Cuban man from his Impala and beating him to death?

Have you seen Dade covered by a haze of black smoke after African Americans burned the Good Year repository?

I did.

Cubans doing a great job segregating African Americans?

You must be extremely insane. Loca loca loca.

And please, don't play the victim, save that for crying babies.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:35 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Congrats!
It is always nice when someone who hates this city leaves. Makes people who like living here happier.
Considering that it could only thereby increase the density of people who either tolerate or generate the rudeness, shallowness and general lack of class of the place, I hardly see how this could make anyone happier except those that leave.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:38 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Yes R&B is also American culture. So is country, Hip Hop, line Dancing, rock and even "Bachata". America is not just pop music. Look at the Billboard charts. This is a huge country and it's complete BS to say that everyone listen to the same. Just drive a few miles West and you will hear the difference on the radio stations

America is not want you want it to be, America is what it is. Black, white, poor, middle class, whatever.

All cities change in a span of 20 years. I know that because that's exactly how long I've been living here and have seen the differences in Miami, NYC and my native city in South America. You can't control the changes, all you can do is move to wherever you feel more comfortable. Be realistic, you can barely change yourself what makes you think you can change a whole city with millions of people?

You might think you have all the right answers and that your culture is superior to whatever we have here, but in my experience most cultures from the American continent have their defects and virtues. What you think it's American is far from perfect. There are days that are rather put up with loud Cubans that white Americans whining and being sarcastic. To you the sarcasm and whining is normal, to many if us is quite annoying and unbearable.
That's the point. Country music is not "American culture", it's all of those, combined. That's the friggen point. (Are you not reading all of these posts?)

Yes, all cities change in 20 years but I grew up in CA, I can go back to CA and I will still be met with kindness and friendliness MORE OFTEN than rudeness. Same goes for Seattle...the cities themselves can change, the population growth can change, vacancy rates can change, buildings can go up and come down, roads can be worked on....but the people, in general, keep the same fricken attitude.

In Miami, it used to be nice. In the past 2-3 decades, it has slipped in to a cess pool of aholes. And all you want to do is say, "Well, that's Miami."

That's not Miami...that's what people are allowing Miami to become.

I have NEVER said that my culture is superior or perfect so don't you DARE go there with me. I do not play that game so put your stupid race card back in the pocket. It's unacceptable. You are not being victimized.

I'd rather put up with a sarcastic individual any day of the week because at least they are using their brains. Yelling in to a cell phone or to each other even though standing 2 feet away from each other is not something I wish to have to endure. It's rude, it's arrogant, it's obnoxious. It says, "I only care about me." Blaring the horn is rude, arrogant and obnoxious. It says, 'I only care about me'. Leaving your shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot is rude, arrogant and obnoxious. It says, 'I only care about me.' I could go ON!

And you do NOT see that mentality all over America. I have lived in many, many, many places in America, this is the rudest, most arrogant, most obnoxious self centered pile I have ever lived.

Here's what I want to know, "staunch Miami supporter": When there was a thread titled, "What's your favorite thing about Miami.." did you see me go in there and start talking a bunch of crap or did I try to find something I liked about the place?

That's called assimilating!

If you don't like the fact that the OP or some others here are not happy with the rudeness, arrogance and obnoxious behavior of far too many people in this city, then go find something that makes you happy.

You like this place, I don't. So. What. We are here discussing why the OP left and how some of us agree. These are opinions. They are not up for debate.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:40 AM

Considering that it could only thereby increase the density of people who either tolerate or generate the rudeness, shallowness and general lack of class of the place, I hardly see how this could make anyone happier except those that leave.
---------------------------------------------

People that are whining all the time are extremely rude, shallow and immature. Living around whiners is hell.

Whiners should live is Ashenberry.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:44 AM

911 posts, read 1,712,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Seeing you guys calling others "rednecks", "high school students", "cubans", "non-assimilated" and other names, as insults, cracks me up every time.
And when Mandolin joins the thread a closed thread is soon to follow.

I am a red neck, have you been outside this month?

I act like a HS student.

I'm tanned like a Cuban.

I'm non-assimilated, although somewhat mutilated, and I'm a hobo.

If you add all that up, I'm a typical Miamian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami