Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 02:20 AM

73 posts, read 119,320 times

Advertisements

Just to show you the general area, these are directions to the heart of Brickell from that address.
Google Maps

and the directions to Downtown
Google Maps

These are driving directions, but you could easily use public transportation in this part of Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 06:31 AM

153 posts, read 288,081 times
Hehe, JayDeee, you are legen... wait for it... dary! Thanks for that, really.

OK, I am now deciding between two apartments. These two are both available and left for me to choose.
If you could advise this one last time, as you know, you will be greatly appreciated.

OK, so I am choosing between the one you already know:

- 445 sw 11 st

and this one in South Beach:

- 135 3rd St Miami Beach, FL 33139

Old 07-21-2011, 08:46 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,326,410 times
I would still go with the Miami Beach one. Although the 11st apartment is close to Brickell, you're not in Brickell and have to go around 95 to get to Brickell. I-95, due to it's size and traffic, is a major dividing line in Miami.

If you're going to be in the heart of Brickell, i.e.- buildings like Plaza, 500 Brickell, Infinity, Axis, etc, etc. then I would say go for Brickell, but being on the outskirts simply is not going to offer the same quality of life as living in the heart of the action.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:52 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter94941 View Post
You're right, I have to give special thanks to Eldemila, that thing is FRIKKIN' AWESOME!

I will check every address there, but it's also really, really great to hear feedback from "real" people...

I checked this address, it looks ok... you guys can advise about this one?

- 445 sw 11 st
Glad to be of some positive help and appreciate you letting me know

Old 07-21-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Hehe, JayDeee, you are legen... wait for it... dary! Thanks for that, really.

OK, I am now deciding between two apartments. These two are both available and left for me to choose.
If you could advise this one last time, as you know, you will be greatly appreciated.

OK, so I am choosing between the one you already know:

- 445 sw 11 st

and this one in South Beach:

- 135 3rd St Miami Beach, FL 33139
Haven't read through the latest posts, but have you seen at least pictures of the two you are thinking of?

Just be careful, with the glut of condos and the glut of foreclosures you have to make sure that you are dealing with someone reputable. Far too many owners are renting out their condos and not paying their mortagages, then renters are finding themselves in trouble. Before you rent ANYONE's condo, please do a search on the Miami Dade Public Records and see if that address and unit number is or has been up for foreclosure. Or at least go to the Miami Dade Property Records and see that the owner has paid at last the taxes for the year.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:42 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,268,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Haven't read through the latest posts, but have you seen at least pictures of the two you are thinking of?

Just be careful, with the glut of condos and the glut of foreclosures you have to make sure that you are dealing with someone reputable. Far too many owners are renting out their condos and not paying their mortagages, then renters are finding themselves in trouble. Before you rent ANYONE's condo, please do a search on the Miami Dade Public Records and see if that address and unit number is or has been up for foreclosure. Or at least go to the Miami Dade Property Records and see that the owner has paid at last the taxes for the year.
I'm looking at the site but i cant seem to find the exact place to look it up.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:06 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,326,410 times
Look at,

http://www.miamidade.gov/proptax/hom...Process=Search

Old 07-22-2011, 02:44 AM

153 posts, read 288,081 times
Eldemila, this is the realtor that is helping me out, can you or anyone else advise if he can be trusted? His website is this: Greater Miami Realty

And I decided for this one, I've seen pictures and I liked it, it's totally furnished and 850$ / month.

- 135 3rd St Miami Beach, FL 33139. ---> this is the one, can someone tell me if it's close to, you know where something is happening and not somewhere hidden behind God's back?

You have no idea how much I appreciate your help.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Eldemila, this is the realtor that is helping me out, can you or anyone else advise if he can be trusted? His website is this: Greater Miami Realty

And I decided for this one, I've seen pictures and I liked it, it's totally furnished and 850$ / month.

- 135 3rd St Miami Beach, FL 33139. ---> this is the one, can someone tell me if it's close to, you know where something is happening and not somewhere hidden behind God's back?

You have no idea how much I appreciate your help.
I can't really tell you much about the realtor since it's not something, or someone I know about. I can tell you by looking at his website and his address listed he works from home. Not to say he wouldn't know about the Beach area, but he lives way west in W. Kendall area - a far cry from MB. Looking at his featured properties, one is his own house, 2 are land in upstate FL, and nothing updated since 2008. Not impressed at all, but that's not to say he can't do the job you are asking. I would tend to go with someone who knows the area better, but if he found you what you are looking for and you've read all the paperwork and are comfortable with him, then go with your gut. Just be extra careful and make sure you look at everything. The guy doesn't even list his name anywhere that I could find!

As for where you are, being a born and raised Floridian, I rarely go to that area at all, so I can't tell you much about what's going on myself. I do see when I google it it's near the Jewish Museum, so I'm thinking it has to be a fairly safe neighborhood. Go to the site below, it will tell you what's in that area. It has a FANTASTIC walk score!!! Hit the sub tabs to open and see a full list of places nearby

Walk Score of 135 3rd st miami beach fl

Also, if you Google Map the address and hit the "search nearby" button you can find more specific places you may be looking for to see how far away they are.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:18 AM

810 posts, read 1,579,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
I'm looking at the site but i cant seem to find the exact place to look it up.

Get the property owner's name by using the property address
Miami-Dade My Home

Look up the owners name records in this site
Miami-Dade County Clerk - County Recorder's Official Record Search

Foreclosure, evictions, they're all there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami