Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Only for Miami-Dade reg voters Obama or Repub in 2012..?
Definitely Obama 9 50.00%
Probably Obama 1 5.56%
Not sure yet,I haven't decided... 3 16.67%
Probably Republican 1 5.56%
Definitely Republican 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:03 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
You do realize that there will be third-party candidates on the ballot and that Florida allows for write-ins, at least in the presidential election?

Also, what does the Constitution say? Congress (House of Representatives and Senate) is a co-equal branch of government.

Citizens would be wiser if they read it, and read it again.

The vote for representative and senator, then, is just as important. I believe that a Florida US Senate seat is up for election in November 2012.

Curious is that is in several US House districts in Miami-Dade County there is often only one candidate on the ballot.
Florida has some of the most brain dead voters in the world. Most people are too busy surviving to be able to take on the expense of running for office. I have even considered running for congress but gave up when I saw how difficult and expensive it would be, especially to run independently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 07:53 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times
Right now I do not see Obama winning Florida. The reason he wont Florida in 2008 was the I-4 corridor which is pretty 50/50 on Dem and Rep. I see I-4 going Republican. Of course South Florida will go Obama but it will be around a 60/40 his advantage which is not enough to replace the votes in Central Florida. Also the young vote wont be close to as powerful as it was in 2008 along with probably the African American Vote. But it will probably be a very close race. I think a lot of those usual red states that did go blue in 2008 will go back red leaving it up to Ohio, Florida, Penn etc..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic_A View Post
After having to do some research on the Republican candidates for a term paper, and the policies that they are going by to fix the economy, I am more swayed to Obama. Ron Paul wants to do more offshore drilling, Terry Mcmillian wants to lower the rent(and nothing else), Buchanann is overtly religious, bringing religion in her campaign a tad bit too much, and wanting to Shrink the government, meaning less government programs. So yeah...
Hope you spelled it Bachman in your paper. I do not think anyone wont be shriking the GOV even Obama will be forced to do so because the Fed Gov does not have any money!! Only different is the Republicans want to get rid of some things which do nothing but employee some people and spend some money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiz31 View Post
Well I voted "Definitely Republican", but I probably won't go vote unless Ron Paul gets the nomination.
Go vote. If you like Ron Paul I am sure you would rather have a republican than Obama. You not voting is like Voting to Obama

Old 12-07-2011, 09:04 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
I am no fan of Obama, but the republicans have no one right now I would want within 100 miles of DC.

Gingrich maybe, but I just cannot stand him, but he is an intelligent person but his personal ethics are horrible as his stance on a few key issues. But he is presidential material, and that is something that I cannot ignore just because I do not like the guy. But no to Romney (changes his mind on something every two weeks), Perry (this must be a joke), and Cain (a person who has no business in any political office due to his lack of basic knowledge about world affairs, like Palin).

I think Bachman is mentally off, her interviews are just horrible as she tries to avoid answering any questions, her responses on items are also way off base, like the Iraq withdrawal response she had where she demonstrated she had no clue what she was talking about. I think she is a lunatic.

Huntsman I do not know enough about, he has a good background but it is difficult to interpret his political leanings on domestic issues. Paul would be the best choice, but there are too many people on gov hand out programs that vote who would ever vote for him, and the media will not elect him, there for people who get their info from the media will not vote for him.

So besides Huntsman or Paul, the republicans have no one, people know this, but will blindly vote for republicans on the basis it is not Obama. I rather have the enemy I know, than one I do not know.

Our media and political system is not set up for more than two parties. Unlike in parliamentary systems where there are many parties that are strict in their ideologies; in the US, the parties are not strict in their ideologies (both Romney and Paul are republicans), and the election process really only gives way to two parties, but thsi is due to voters who are to scared to due things differently than how they always done it, and the media who love electing a person for everyone.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:00 PM

609 posts, read 1,140,056 times
Yeah, I meant Bachman, I was tired when I typed that post.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:26 PM

380 posts, read 961,943 times
I sure hope Ron Paul will win the nomination. I will not vote to reelect President Obama and have a distrust of other Republican agendas after the clusterfunk this decade.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:51 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times
Everyone needs to give up on Ron Paul, its not going to happen.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:16 AM

Am I the only one that voted "probably Obama"?

Old 12-08-2011, 06:24 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
^^^ Yes you are the only one that voted "Probably Obama", 8 others voted "Definitely Obama"

If Newt and Romney are what Obama is going to running against, Obamas campaign workers know they don't have to do much work.
I bet in the next few weeks, all the dirt on Newt will start to come back up (that guy has a history like Cain if we all remember ).
I still don't understand why Bachman is still in the race.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:20 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,326,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I still don't understand why Bachman is still in the race.
So she has material to pen another book, of course. Not much to write about when you otherwise don't do anything all day!

Old 12-08-2011, 11:06 AM

Bachman has a lot of supporters. I was on her website, and there are people that believe that she is the best candidate. Scary world we live in, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: