Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 10:39 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,369,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
I would say Little Havana is not too terrible. Yes, certainly rough around the edges, but not in the same league as Liberty City, Overtown or Little Haiti.

That's not to say it's great... I would classify it under "just barely starting to become up and coming."
im not saying its terrible. I have gone through there and as i said I have no discomfort in being in that area. What I am saying is, I personally wouldn't want to live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 11:32 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,200,080 times
I go to Little Havana once a month and also take the bus there... nothing to see. Pretty much like Westchester with older buildings and whole families strolling their babies around at 1 pm...

Sometimes you think you are seeing a couple with 3 kids and a baby... it's actually 4 kids and a baby, one of the kids is the same height as the mother.

I wouldn't want to live there either.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:50 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,326,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
im not saying its terrible. I have gone through there and as i said I have no discomfort in being in that area. What I am saying is, I personally wouldn't want to live there.
Well, no, I wouldn't want to live there, either. BUT, I'd sure as heck rather live there than some of the other "ghetto" areas of Miami proper.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:32 PM

Actually there is more to do in LH than in Liberty City... at least it has more to offer.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:55 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,369,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Well, no, I wouldn't want to live there, either. BUT, I'd sure as heck rather live there than some of the other "ghetto" areas of Miami proper.
you get no argument from me, but this isn't a "that area is better than this other area" sorta discussion on my part. I was just giving an example, sorry if I offended

Old 02-20-2012, 03:47 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,326,410 times
No offense even entered my mind! You'll have to do a heck of a lot to offend me! LOL!

Old 02-21-2012, 01:53 PM

535 posts, read 1,411,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
An advertising degree is not a must in the U.S.

The weather is nice, and the people too.

Move your Chilean behind back to Chile if you don't like Miami. I am sure than in Chile you will make $100,000 dollars with your future Advertising degree.

there are different types of immigrants, ones who regardless of their education level that they brought from their previous countries, work hard, and prosper, even many of them set up small businesses, and become rich; on the other hand, there is a group, and you belong to that group, that gets here and expects to be a manager right away.

Please...woman... your degrees are worthless in this economy, any half intelligent person as a minimum studies the local job market, determines what degrees are desirable by employers, and then get those degrees.

You came to Miami and got a degree in liberal arts or some crap like that, and now you are getting a degree in advertising??

Get a nursing degree, accounting, engineering, management information systems, ...get a law degree... get a degree that actually involves putting effort, one where you have to learn skills that put you over the rest of the other people. Those are the degrees that will grant you access to good paying jobs.
There's no need to be so sarcastic and tough Edu... Don't call me stupid for not pursuing a nursing or engineering degree because simply is not my passion. I DON'T WANT TO BE THE TYPICAL FRUSTRATED MIAMI NURSE! What I mean to say is that I hate to go to places and get the worst service by idiots who hate their jobs. I can't do something I dislike and then spread my frustrations and take it on the people. I've seen this in doctor's offices which you can tell most of their stuff hate what they do, same with hospitality positions.

Where did you get that there are financial, engineering and accounting jobs in Miami? that was funny... I know many people in those fields who left becuase they couldn't find jobs in those fields and they found in some other states. You're pathetic

Old 02-21-2012, 10:53 PM

^^^^ future couple

Old 02-22-2012, 03:37 PM

12 posts, read 17,795 times
just by reading what other people from illinois are saying is telling me that we are very RUDE too so we are not that better than them.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:04 PM

313 posts, read 725,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
^^^^ future couple
LOL!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami