Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 10:08 PM

318 posts, read 625,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgato84 View Post
Latinos always like to show off and act like they have something when they don't. This is why you see 3 floor McMansions with elevator installed on a small square grouper lot.

Commonplace alll over west Miami and LA's San Fernando Valley.

White Americans don't have this need to show off like Latinos and the Brothers.
White Americans can be "Latinos"

Latinos is not a race.

Many "Latinos" have more European blood than many "Whites non-hispanic", even a jew such as Adam Sandler is considered white in this country.

You hate Spanish speaking Americans, you should definitely relocate to a different city. You seem to be miserable here.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:19 PM

59 posts, read 85,732 times
Please Alex. I understand your frustration with the truth and how others view things that you don't agree on, and it's ok, really. Lets just agree that we disagree and move on, shall we?

Have a good night.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:19 AM

264 posts, read 774,902 times
In my opinion, as far as the younger crowd, the women are mostly a bunch of hippie chicks. Although most (women) here do like nice things, they just want to have fun and no drama (and are highly independent). Most of the guys just follow lead, chasing that tail.

That's all it is.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:27 AM

798 posts, read 1,461,183 times
This is a cultural aspect. I think both Alex and elgato84 are blowing up of proportion the note. Neither Miamians are that rich as Croesus nor they are as poor as a church mouse that they have the need to be chichi. I'll probably would be more bended toward elgato84 than Alex but it's still inaccurate.

One can't define an entire city by his own situation. Probably Alex has a good income and then he feels the need to redefine the bad fame Miamians has burden over their backs for years and prove that there are still successful Miamians and more that those almighty dollar ppl. However, that cool story is just a reality for just a few lucky ppl. The raw and sad reality of most Miamian's families is that most are trying to balance the books with second jobs just to pay mortgages, bills, etc.

On the other hand, it's understandable why there are "some" chici ppl out there when you have had nothing in life but a bare plate of food administrated by a mean government. Wouldn't you act like that if you had lived locked in a cauge and then suddenly bail out to what they consider "freedom"? And those chici ppl are mixed with the real ones from South American that had to pass the high income level imposed by embassies since not every 'ne'er-do-well' can enter by the big door to this country. Even though again, that's just a few ppl. There are other well mature ppl that just want to make a go of it and fight for their families in despite the low income they get.

To sum up, "some" Miamians should be more humble? YES. I take it, but let me tell you something "some" Northerns or Mideasterns should be less boring too, and probably you had had to be born Latino to understand what hot blooded ppl means, and that's my way or the highway

Last edited by angelscorpio; 04-23-2013 at 06:50 AM..

Old 04-23-2013, 08:33 AM

798 posts, read 1,461,183 times
I think flashy ppl is not only a matter of Miamians. What about THIS>>> Home MANHATTAN LOS ANGELES SAN FRANCISCO all dying to be a celeb for a day!!! That's hilarious .. Wow, I think if this kind of business has that high demand it can tell us an inkling of what society is hunger for nowadays. Narcissistic epidemic is not only about here guys...

Old 04-23-2013, 03:10 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,466,347 times
Closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami