Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 09:32 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times

Advertisements

Well Cixel all your bitterness and misery will not get you anywhere and real friends are hard to come by.
You need to find your place in this life. Nobody is going to do it for you. So keep complaining about everything if it makes you happy or you may just end up having a nervous breakdown soon. I give up.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:47 AM

355 posts, read 1,583,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Well Cixel all your bitterness and misery will not get you anywhere and real friends are hard to come by.
You need to find your place in this life. Nobody is going to do it for you. So keep complaining about everything if it makes you happy or you may just end up having a nervous breakdown soon. I give up.
I couldn't agree with you more vpcats. You get out of life what you want. If you want the positive....it's there...it's all in your perspective, if you want misery....hey, it's there, too...if that is what you like to dwell on. My motto is "Every Day is a Gift."

Old 02-07-2007, 12:46 PM

929 posts, read 1,158,153 times
its hard to be positive when youre living in a place where everyone hates living there and are incredibly negative. do you even live here lauralei2?
i came here very optimistic. they people drained that out of me. now im struggling to save up to get out.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:03 PM

Yes, I live here. Born in Miami. Raised in Hialeah, lived in North Miami & North Miami Beach, Palm Springs North and now in Broward. You can find your own happiness whereever you want to.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:34 PM

in the aquarium industry theres a well known fact. captive raised fish are happier than wild caught fish and live longer.
this is because they never experienced all they are missing and dont know any better.
yes im sure someone could even find happiness in uganda or chad or some other war torn african country but MOST wouldnt. so your point is pointless.
anyone born and raised here in miami can find happiness because theyve never experienced better or they wouldnt still be living there (short of returning for the sake of family)

Old 02-07-2007, 07:21 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,475,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
its hard to be positive when youre living in a place where everyone hates living there and are incredibly negative. do you even live here lauralei2?
i came here very optimistic. they people drained that out of me. now im struggling to save up to get out.
I feel ya,but count your blessings.You could be stuck here in Philadelphia where the crime is worse And it's cold...the weather and the people^

Old 02-07-2007, 07:49 PM

I've traveled a bit, I lived in NY CITY the greater part of my life and I also lived in Peru for 4 years and used to spend 3 mos in NY during each of those years. I know 3rd world.
Miami is quite a nice place as is the rest of Florida.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:06 AM

stuckpa, i would never move there in the first place. i could only go warmer from california. i knew where i shouldve gone, we just didnt go there due to the fact we thought itd be expensive.

vpcats, what miami are you living in? the one im living in everyone is rude and/or negative and completely clueless when theyre inconsiderate.

you know, living here gives you an interesting perspective. i was just reading about authorities working to finally ban cockfighting in new mexico and the news poll sounds like people are overwhelmingly for it. yet chickens are slaughtered here by the dozen all over homestead and the redlands for religious purposes. ive come to think of chickens as quite disposable objects. it surprises me PETA hasnt thrown a fit down here unless theyre just so creeped out as to stay away. in hawaii you see alot of these rocks wrapped in ti leaves and placed here and there which are religious offerings of sorts. its actually quite attractive. i keep telling my gf that we should trade dead chickens for dead rocks.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:31 AM

Quote:
stuckpa, i would never move there in the first place. i could only go warmer from california. i knew where i shouldve gone, we just didnt go there due to the fact we thought itd be expensive.

vpcats, what miami are you living in? the one im living in everyone is rude and/or negative and completely clueless when theyre inconsiderate.

you know, living here gives you an interesting perspective. i was just reading about authorities working to finally ban cockfighting in new mexico and the news poll sounds like people are overwhelmingly for it. yet chickens are slaughtered here by the dozen all over homestead and the redlands for religious purposes. ive come to think of chickens as quite disposable objects. it surprises me PETA hasnt thrown a fit down here unless theyre just so creeped out as to stay away. in hawaii you see alot of these rocks wrapped in ti leaves and placed here and there which are religious offerings of sorts. its actually quite attractive. i keep telling my gf that we should trade dead chickens for dead rocks.
You are referring to Santeria and there's anothe thread somewhere where this was discussed ad nauseum, but to say there are slaughtered chickens by the dozen all over homestead and the redlands, is a far stretch. But yeah, I don't live in that area.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:23 AM

Quote:
in the aquarium industry theres a well known fact. captive raised fish are happier than wild caught fish and live longer.
this is because they never experienced all they are missing and dont know any better.
yes im sure someone could even find happiness in uganda or chad or some other war torn african country but MOST wouldnt. so your point is pointless.
anyone born and raised here in miami can find happiness because theyve never experienced better or they wouldnt still be living there (short of returning for the sake of family)
I lived in Colorado a few years when I was in my 20's. Hopefully, you'll have a better perspective of life before it's over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami