Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 08:04 AM

633 posts, read 1,735,181 times

Advertisements

A german actor couple recently rented a house in Miami:

These 2 pics are in the newspapers and found in the internet. The article says that the house is on the Miami River with view on the ocean I think i am right that this can not be possible, or? The other informations are that the rent is 45000 $ per month, 4 Bed, 5 Bath, has an elevator, boat dock and living area is ca. 5000 sqft.

Anybody got an idea which or where this house is?

I am not really sure, but my idea is, that the house is not on Miami River but a house on the Intercoastal Waterway, maybe on the Venetian Islands or Hibiscus or Star Island...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 08:45 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,007,002 times
Certainly not on the river. Looking at the pictures it is certainly on the intercostal but it looks like a fairly large body of water so its probably on Biscayne Bay. Hard to tell where it would be. The mainland in view has few tall buildings so I am thinking its farther up on the Miami beach side look towards northern Miami area like Miami Shores.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:57 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Definately not the Miami river. Now I do have a friend with a home on the Miami River and you sure do not get a view like that. It is funny, though I have seen that house somewhere. When building mine in 2010 I had some architecture students from UF to look at it because it is mid-century modern and I think I saw pics of a home like this on one of those bay islands. If I can find his info I am going to ask about where his pics were taken. Wow, they spend twice as much for one month's rent as I spent building my whole house!

Old 02-03-2013, 11:38 AM

They founded and owned the company "Uncle Sam" Sportswear, sold it a few years ago for a lot of money... yes, it would be interessting to know where the house is!

Old 02-03-2013, 09:47 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,323,192 times
I did looking in places I thought it could be but no dice. It will be tough with the images provided to find it.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:21 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,007,002 times
I thought I could try but yea. For all we know this home is in Ft. Lauderdale.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:17 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,323,192 times
I think it's definitely Miami. I had thought it was the JTC in the background so I looked at the northern lots within the Venetian Islands as well as Sunset Islands. No dice there so I thought maybe it was looking south towards the JTC so I checked over at NBV but again, no luck.

Thought it was unlikely but also checked Palm and Hibiscus Islands because it would be the MacArthur (but doesn't look like it) and the house wasn't there, either.

Finally went towards Coconut Grove because I thought it could also be the Rickenbacker but it doesn't seem to be.

The biggest issue could be that the satellite imagery hasn't been updated and this house was recently built/had a major remodel.

From what I gathered this couple films a reality TV show and will be doing it in Miami for a season?

Old 02-04-2013, 11:35 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,827,848 times
OK, guys, it is in Miami Beach, Venetian Way to be precise. Villa San Marco.

Villa San Marco

BTW the photos of the happy new renters look (and probably are) photoshopped onto the photo of the property.

Last edited by ruski; 02-04-2013 at 11:57 AM..

Old 02-04-2013, 11:37 AM

It is a reality TV show about the life of the "Super riches", they`re travelling around the world, live in Monacco and Austria, they`re born in Germany and after selling "Uncle Sam" they are spending their time with champanger and lobster. During the last season, they were travelling to Miami and the Caribbean Islands and felt in love with Miami. They were already looking at 2 rentals in Miami in the last season and it was no big deal to find out which homes where shown. The homes were 15 E San Marino Dr and the second was 2700 N Bay Rd. They are now working on the next season and the TV Channel already announced that the couple " Die Geissens " ( Robert and Carmen Geiss) have recently rented a villa in Miami.

So i was just curious if it is one of these two houses. But the pics above dont show one of them...

Old 02-04-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
OK, guys, it is in Miami Beach. Villa San Marco.

Villa San Marco

BTW the photos of the happy new renters look (and probably are) photoshopped onto the photo of the property.
HEY,

wow! You`re great!!!! 1401 Venetian Way, i found it.

Last edited by MelanieGermany; 02-04-2013 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: xxx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami