Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 09:46 AM

58 posts, read 84,778 times

Advertisements

What is it with the condo association and commercial vehicles with graphics parked overnight. Is it unsightly? They don't want to be responsible if it's broken into? Sometimes I get these vague answers that make no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 08:23 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times
In front of the building, in the garage... ? What building?

If it's in the garage I imagine it's a resident. That wouldn't bother me, after all, it's not like I'm staying in the garage for a long time.

If it's out front I could see that as being an eyesore, but more importantly lost revenue for the association. If they're going to have a commercial vehicle with logos all over it parked in a prime location then they should be paying for it.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:45 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,940,440 times
Inside a parking garage is prime advertising space?
Could also be the City, some don't allow commercial vehicles with advertisements parked overnight if they are visible from the road.
Small business creates the most jobs, and this is how we treat them, and we wonder where all the jobs have gone...

Old 06-05-2013, 12:43 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
I know you can't park a commericial van in a residential yard where people can see it, county law. So I assume this applies to a condo parking lot as well.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:46 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
Inside a parking garage is prime advertising space?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
If it's out front I could see that as being an eyesore, but more importantly lost revenue for the association. If they're going to have a commercial vehicle with logos all over it parked in a prime location then they should be paying for it.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:00 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Just buy the junkiest, rustiest bucket of bolts and drive that instead.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:15 PM

58 posts, read 84,778 times
Sorry I've been away! My hubby and I found a place "over the border"
A 2/1 duplex with a washer and dryer in the unit that fit all 3 vehicles. Thanks all for your comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Anywhere within in the property of the condo, front, back, parked in a guest spot, not allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992
Could also be the City, some don't allow commercial vehicles with advertisements parked overnight if they are visible from the road.
Nope, the condo association, in the Kendall area around Baptist Hospital not far from the Dadeland area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992
Small business creates the most jobs, and this is how we treat them, and we wonder where all the jobs have gone...
Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus
I know you can't park a commercial van in a residential yard where people can see it, county law. So I assume this applies to a condo parking lot as well.
Funny you mentioned it. My husband works with this husband and wife and they live in Cutler Bay. The husband, who has a work van as well, mentioned something that Miami-Dade County has enforced, not to have commercial vehicles in your yard. Had no idea. So I looked it up:
Miami-Dade County - Development - Commercial Vehicle Parking & Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick

Old 06-19-2013, 06:51 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
And become a member of AAA or Motor Club of America because you are going to be needing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami