Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 04:38 PM

353 posts, read 814,752 times

Advertisements

I'm not trying to stir a pot up here or have others think I'm the one with the attitude which I am not, I'm crazy humble and cool and have been raised in the worst neighborhoods and have seen so much death literally and crime and have had so many friends killed,end up in jail,or end up with drug addictions and over dose....but my question is...why on average do the born and raised Miami males out here act like its a #ick measure Contest everyday when they go out or when they are around others dudes? Its like they don't come from slums...they never had it that hard,there are so many runing around acting or i don't know what,with this fake chip on their shoulder with this need to show off,and to me they look like posers and most of the time are ....its truly sad...and its seems most cool people out here are all transplants that moved from other states, harder to get along with the ones that are born and raised here the ones that act like clowns 24 hrs a day and that when someone does really push back they truly shut up or run away....I'm trying to figure out when this all started this lack of respect in Miami with men vs men...because I came from really bad projects and streets with lots of bad things nothing to truly glorify, but I've notice people out here get away with smacking their lips and talking plenty..I'm wonder why others don't put them in their place....for example in north phiilly if you give the wrong person the middle finger while driving esp if your the one that cut them off....you will be followed and then pulled out of your car then beat the #$%# up.. that or shot....its happened plenty of times same thing goes for certain parts of NJ and NYC.... or even Cali, people stay in their lanes....and respect regardless that they are so called menaces and can start issues too...its seems here the people in the suburbs act as if they are going through hell and are so mad at the world and others around them you'd think they were raised in a crack house. I don't get this lack of respect here with the born and raised Miami people,you have beaches,beautiful weather,great looking woman, wtf are you mad at? ..... and of course not all.....I'm just saying

Last edited by Outofthematrix; 06-23-2013 at 06:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 04:46 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,757,983 times
It started with the drug culture of the 1980's. Think scarface and Miami Vice. Since the majority of them are short and unattractive, who really cares?

Old 06-23-2013, 05:09 PM

I don't really acknowledge it too much its more like comedy central to me and I do more laughing at it...but again I don't get it? I don't think blaming the drugs,or a movie is really it....In my personal opinion its an individuality thing and I think they don't cross paths enough with the one person or persons that really has them change their ways,all the way down to to their own personality....

Old 06-23-2013, 05:59 PM

179 posts, read 308,822 times
It's a suburban thing, my man. It's guys who think it's cool to be tough but have never gone through the trials that a make man truly tough. Most of these people grow up without ever having a real fist fight in their life. Their parents didn't smack them either, thus they grow up without fear of physical punishment. This gives them the idea that they can act as tough as they want to and talk to people disrespectfully and nothing will be done to them. They don't know any better because that's what they've done their whole life. They talked smack to their parents and didn't get touched. They talked smack to people in high school and didn't get touched. (cause they were talking smack to other suburban kids who wouldn't put them in their place)

You also have to realize that Miami is a fickle place that's obsessed with vanity. Everybody wants to be cool. People will go in dept so they can drive around in a Benz. People will pick up extra shifts at a local club/bar so they can buy cooler clothes. I've seen people down here go to all kinds of lengths to be "cool". The girls get plastic surgery and wear skimpy clothes and the men shoot steroids and wear tight shirts. It's like you said, South Florida is a massive pissing contest. Have you ever seen a city with so many gyms? You think people in Miami are just more health conscious than everybody else? Hell no! They're more concerned about their appearance than everybody else!

This is the main reason why I don't go out in South Florida. I don't have the temper for this kind of crap. I'm a big dude and I easily snap in the presence of rudeness/cockiness. I can't stand the pissing contest that is South Florida. My girl grew up in three cities...Medellin Colombia, Brooklyn and Miami...and she can't tolerate the BS in Miami either. We try to stay away from this element as much as possible.

I mean, for crying out loud, just go to a local sporting event in South Florida. These chicks dress up like their going to a club. It's a damn Dolphins game lady! You don't have to be sexy here. SMH LOL

Old 06-23-2013, 06:16 PM

Lol not even guy.....go to Walmart lol it looks like a club ha ha ha its pretty dam funny....even after hours on grave yard shifts you see these dudes with sun glasses on at midnight Its pretty funny...but yea you're right...esp the section you mention about parents not kicking these spoiled brats A#%, they were never taught a lesson of true respect,its kinda like lets say....use a martial artist as an example,you got the ones that are like me,the true karate kid type that's humble and cool and mad down to earth and knows my compatibility but I still show respect,i have more of a superman attitude most of the time I avoid the bs and only try to save a life if i truly have to,but than you have the villain that was Karate kids enemy that he ran around wanting to kick every bodies ass Or thought he could,thought he was so popular,and everyone needed to fear him. Lol oh please...and this is how I see most Miami dudes...like the enemy that the karate kid had in the movies..... AND whats truly crazy is they think US up north people have the attitude, I don't think so...I was born In Philly raised all over,lived in NJ and NYC and I got nothing but love from New yorkers, and new jersey people that's all a false myth about NYC having the worst attitudes...besides I also lived in NYC. I don't feel the people that are born and raised here in FL or Miami rather truly appreciate what they have....P.S
I got nothing but love for people,even tall rick, regardless he sorta fit into the stereotype of what I was speaking on by replying and saying,who cares? and down playing what I asked as If I am attacking his city I was simply asking a question,its not a point of caring or not.....and this is exactly what I am talking about,Miami cats have to always say something with a smart attitude for no reason at all....its pretty pointless .....no need to do all that extra ish...or going out all extra,its cool though I get the little homie rick its his city,Im sure all kinds of other opinions are dying to be let out ....No disrespect to Miami's people as a whole. by the way rick,i dont get what height or attractiveness has to do with anything when it comes to how a person carries themselves? Maybe you should read what Big Sicily said about how image is such a big thing in your own city ....image has nothing to do with ones personality....

Last edited by Outofthematrix; 06-23-2013 at 07:20 PM..

Old 06-23-2013, 06:44 PM

When you watch someone get shot and killed in front of you and you're not even in a war,on more than one occasion, it does take a toll and changes you a bit, to see what it's like when you see brain matter all over your clothes or on the floor and how a person loses all functions and #hits and pisses on themselves from being shot in the head is not a cool thing to see.... along with watching blood come out of every orifice on their face, to watch parents lose their 11 through 16 year old to true street violence again nothing cool about it...and you try to value life more and respect the next human being.....but again if you don't truly understand that life than maybe most will never get how respect is more powerful than love could ever be.... because once you lose respect for something or someone, you can never get it back no matter what.....

Last edited by Outofthematrix; 06-23-2013 at 08:04 PM..

Old 06-23-2013, 07:50 PM

179 posts, read 308,822 times
I'm born and raised in South Florida but my parents are from NY and I actually get along better with people from up North. Their attitudes are just fine with me. Like I said, my girlfriend is from Brooklyn and she tells me that suburban Miami people are too sensitive. That's why they think NY people have an attitude. I mesh well with people from up North because they're blunt and honest like I am, and they don't take no crap.

I can't really dis guys who are macho because I'm 100% Italian and my people are some of the worst when it comes to acting macho. (funny thing is, my nickname is "Macho") However, those people had a reason to be macho. Those people were tough. They also weren't disrespectful. These guys down here are on some other junk. They act tough, disrespectful, but won't bust a grape.

Like I said, it's a suburban thing. Alot of these guys were raised by music and TV instead of a good set of parents. They're just acting how they THINK a man is supposed to act. It's all fun and games until someone from the other side of the tracks breaks their face.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:03 PM

Basically lol ....In a strange weird deep kind of way...I have love for the bad environments and ghettos being I was raised in one and I can always return....my heart is always going to be there and I can always go back.....its like hard for me to rub shoulders with people that feel their ish don't stink....as you stated,I also am fairly outspoken but with meaning and purpose and I still show mad love and respect ...no matter how many bad things go down in the hood people always have each others back at certain times it just seem when one moves to areas where everyone drives a bmw or benz...and if you don't you're wack...how can anyone with a conscious respect that?

Last edited by Outofthematrix; 06-23-2013 at 08:12 PM..

Old 06-23-2013, 08:11 PM

Another thing I've notice here is How so many Cubans for suburban neighborhoods ,esp the white looking ones throw the whole n i g g a word around as if nothing...but keep it in their area...knowing most would never bring that word to a all dominating black run down environment...again I find it comical and I have to laugh at this....

Old 06-23-2013, 08:13 PM

229 posts, read 534,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSicily954 View Post
I'm born and raised in South Florida but my parents are from NY and I actually get along better with people from up North. Their attitudes are just fine with me. Like I said, my girlfriend is from Brooklyn and she tells me that suburban Miami people are too sensitive. That's why they think NY people have an attitude. I mesh well with people from up North because they're blunt and honest like I am, and they don't take no crap.

I can't really dis guys who are macho because I'm 100% Italian and my people are some of the worst when it comes to acting macho. (funny thing is, my nickname is "Macho") However, those people had a reason to be macho. Those people were tough. They also weren't disrespectful. These guys down here are on some other junk. They act tough, disrespectful, but won't bust a grape.

Like I said, it's a suburban thing. Alot of these guys were raised by music and TV instead of a good set of parents. They're just acting how they THINK a man is supposed to act. It's all fun and games until someone from the other side of the tracks breaks their face.
New York has more suburban wannabe tough guys than Miami does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami