Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 05:32 PM

37 posts, read 92,376 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am a single male from Chicago thinking of moving to South Beach for a 1-2 years.
(Job/finance/budget/heat/humidity is not a concern)

My only intention is to party, party and party and meet ladies and have 'fun' !
I would like to go out to bars/nightclubs/lounges every day after work and on weekends.

I would like to know:
1) Is the nightlife scene buzzing even on weekdays as opposed to just on weekends?
2) Does it get slow/laid-back during the summer or during the non-touristy season?
3) I am a very light drinker. So, I am not concerned with price of drinks. But I would like to know - do most clubs charge cover?
4) Is it too difficult to get in clubs for a single guy (unless he has a group of girls or is willing to 'tip')
5) Are there other clubs/bars where the locals go and which are not that flashy/expensive?
6) How is the singles scene? I am aware that there is a huge LGBT presence in South Beach. I dont mean to sound offensive - but does this make it harder for straight guys to meet women?
7) If there is anybody who moved to South Beach having 'partying' as the No.1 priority?..If yes, pls let me know your experience.

Thanks for your time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 10:08 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times
Answers in bold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbspfbpff View Post
Hi,

I am a single male from Chicago thinking of moving to South Beach for a 1-2 years.
(Job/finance/budget/heat/humidity is not a concern)

My only intention is to party, party and party and meet ladies and have 'fun' !
I would like to go out to bars/nightclubs/lounges every day after work and on weekends.

I would like to know:
1) Is the nightlife scene buzzing even on weekdays as opposed to just on weekends? It wont be buzzing as much but during the winter or spring break times it is. There are always clubs open, always a place to go but no doubt Friday and Saturday nights are busier.
2) Does it get slow/laid-back during the summer or during the non-touristy season? A little bit but not too much. It is never dead or slow. It is not like say the Jersey Shore during the winter or something. It is always pretty busy.
3) I am a very light drinker. So, I am not concerned with price of drinks. But I would like to know - do most clubs charge cover? It really depends, but I will say 70% of the time there is a cover. If there is a big DJ playing at one of the top clubs cover can be $100+. If it just a normal night or a normal club cover can be $10-$25. If you know a promote cover is $0.
4) Is it too difficult to get in clubs for a single guy (unless he has a group of girls or is willing to 'tip')Yes, it is. If it is a busy day it is very very difficult to get in if you are just one guy. I guess one guy is easier than 3-5 guys but don't expect to get into the busy clubs if it is just you. The best thing you can do is get at the door very early. Which for Miami means around 11:00-11:30pm.
5) Are there other clubs/bars where the locals go and which are not that flashy/expensive? Yes, there are a decent amount of bars in Miami Beach but there are other areas of town with clubs. Downtown/Brickell have clubs which are not a snobby as South Beach. Downtown/Brickell and Coconut Grove also have bars.
6) How is the singles scene? I am aware that there is a huge LGBT presence in South Beach. I dont mean to sound offensive - but does this make it harder for straight guys to meet women? If you plan is to meet girls in South Beach I hope you have a nice rolex and a $80k car. South Beach is a lot of tourist anyway.
7) If there is anybody who moved to South Beach having 'partying' as the No.1 priority?..If yes, pls let me know your experience. I don't recall anyone coming on here just to live in South Beach and party. That's nice that you have the finances to do this for a bit. Enjoy.

Thanks for your time!

Old 11-30-2013, 12:53 PM

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. It is very valuable to me!
Since it looks like
--South Beach is touristy
--showing off wealth helps
--it is difficult for a single guy to get in clubs unless he goes early
would you recommend that i consider living in other areas like brickell or downtown?
I know that these areas definitely lack the vibe of South Beach, but do they make up for the above mentioned 3 points?

Old 11-30-2013, 01:10 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,478,444 times
I lived on SoBe for many years and essentially NEVER went to those tourist clubs. If you live in the neighborhood, you meet your neighbors when you're sitting on your front porch and they are stumbling down the street drunk off their asses. Then what happens is they plant their hot little asses right on your lap. Or just plain walk into your apt and get in your bed.

My advice to guys for getting girls on SoBe is live on the first floor and leave your door open. Or sit on the front porch. That's about it.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:11 PM

hehe..never knew this sort of stuff happens !! )

Old 11-30-2013, 06:34 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,478,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbspfbpff View Post
hehe..never knew this sort of stuff happens !! )
The kids who lived on SoBe didn't even own cars. Hell, I didn't even go to the mainland more than a few times a year. We'd all party in our hotels, in apts, and the unswanky clubs like the Junkyard Club Nu, and Mac's Deuce. But hell, mostly at home. House parties, a couple six packs, some loud music, lots of hot chicks, we'd be up all night people coming and going. When we walked down the street we'd purposely approach cars coming over from Miami just to hear them lock their doors (click click click click bah ha ha).

Dude, all ya gotta do is show up on South Beach and everything just starts happening. Just watch out for the ladyboys. There's a LOT of them and they are aggressive.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:14 PM

sounds exciting!!...thanks for the reply!

Old 12-01-2013, 07:46 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
You really need to get a life

Old 12-02-2013, 06:43 PM

what are some of the non-touristy bars/clubs which charge no cover or $5-$10 cover?

Old 12-02-2013, 07:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,706 times
I want to live your life man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami