Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2014, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,144 times

Advertisements

Hello to everybody.
Please give me an advice.
I am planning to move to Miami from Europe and a few years ago I lived in Houston,Texas.
It is very difficult for me to find a roomate in the apartment and the job in Miami at the same time. I am a permanent resident and everything legal and o.k. But my concerning are following:
Is there more jobs in downtown Miami or on the South Beach?
I look for hotel business or driver(anything with a decent pay and tip or job I can live from).
What you think people please give me your opinion.
Regards,
Drazen
p.s
Any help is better than no help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 08:03 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
For jobs in the hotel industry I would say Miami Beach... As far as being a driver, I dont really know much about that industry, so idk.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:49 AM

366 posts, read 516,977 times
more jobs on the beach then down town but the rent is close to double. if u plan on having a car while you are here you may be better off in down town and make the commute or if u dont plan on a car u have to be on the beach

Old 10-23-2014, 11:59 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,937,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croatbob View Post
... the rent is close to double.
This is not true any more. My fully updated, 600+ sq ft. Art Deco apartment with washer/dryer/central A/C is less than anything I have recently seen in downtown or Brickell. No parking, but I don't have a car now and there is Zipcar and Car2Go and now Uber, cabs are plentiful and not too expensive for just getting around South Beach. If you walk and bike places, you'll be in good company in Miami Beach, but not in Downtown or Brickell (though that may change when CitiBike comes to Miami next month).

Even the furnished units with parking in my building come in at around the price of unfurnished Brickell 1 br's (though of course, Brickell has better building amenities and views). So it can be cheaper to live on the Beach because not everything is a high rise with amenities and dedicated parking. (Of course, if you wanted the equivalent Brickell high rise complete with all the goodies in South Beach, then, yeah, it's going to be double at least.)

Downtown or Brickell + a car, that's going to be way, way more expensive than South Beach without a car, not to mention there are more reasonable rents up in North Beach and Surfside. A lot of people live in North Beach and take the bus to work in South Beach, which can be more practical rent wise if you don't have a roommate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami