Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 09:31 AM

399 posts, read 728,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
They have seemingly moved everyone through the passport check quite fast the last few times I've been into MIA. I fly international a few times per year out of MIA and generally painless. In fact, BY FAR, the worst part is waiting for luggage because the A380 carries so much crap. Then when you get your luggage, the line for customs. It takes us 2 - 3 hours to get out of the airport. Immigration is the fastest part, without a doubt.

I'm flying to Norway again in January and decided to try a smaller plane out of Fort Lauderdale. We'll see how that goes. I may skip the A380's moving forward if this is faster.

On domestic flights I use MIA and FLL interchangeably and both are totally fine. Anyone who thinks either is the worst airport is a moron.
You should try Norwegian out of FLL if you can. They fly to Oslo 2 or 3 times a week with the 787 Dreamliner I think the flight leaves late evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 09:58 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transitfan View Post
You should try Norwegian out of FLL if you can. They fly to Oslo 2 or 3 times a week with the 787 Dreamliner I think the flight leaves late evening.
That's the one I'm using. I had a terrible experience with Norwegian prior, but I'm giving them another shot.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:22 AM

699 posts, read 610,994 times
There always seems to be delays - usually take-off, landing [waiting for the plane to get to the gate - once I waited close to an hour waiting for the plane to taxi to the gate], and luggage claim.

FLL I never ran into those issues, but then FLL is a much smaller airport. It also seems more 'outdated' compared to MIA.

You can't compare the two in other words, MIA's pairs are LAX, ORD, and JFK.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:37 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,553,115 times
Not the worst.....O'Hare, LaGuardia, and even DFW are worse, in my opinion.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:28 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
They have seemingly moved everyone through the passport check quite fast the last few times I've been into MIA. I fly international a few times per year out of MIA and generally painless. In fact, BY FAR, the worst part is waiting for luggage because the A380 carries so much crap. Then when you get your luggage, the line for customs. It takes us 2 - 3 hours to get out of the airport. Immigration is the fastest part, without a doubt.

I'm flying to Norway again in January and decided to try a smaller plane out of Fort Lauderdale. We'll see how that goes. I may skip the A380's moving forward if this is faster.

On domestic flights I use MIA and FLL interchangeably and both are totally fine. Anyone who thinks either is the worst airport is a moron.
That's a nice new B-787 that flies between Oslo and Fort Lauderdale.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
That's a nice new B-787 that flies between Oslo and Fort Lauderdale.
I was promised that last time I flew Norwegian.... lol. They have a habit of not having the Dreamliner available and pulling it off routes even after you schedule with it, then using a beater old leased airplane from companies like HiFly. HiFly brings it's own crew, and I guess to keep your mind off the old dirty reject planes they use (retired major carrier planes), they have an outrageously smoking hot cabin crew.

Last time I used Norwegian to fly Copenhagen back to FLL, they switched the plane, never notified me, and my premium seat that I paid for somehow ended up a middle economy..... Same seat number, so they didn't bother, you know, changing it to the premium and reissuing me a new seat for the class I paid for. I found out as I walked onto the plane....

And their food was almost inedible. They are definitely a junk low cost carrier, but worth it for a direct Oslo flight I guess and skipping Frankfurt. Normally I prefer business class on Lufthansa or Air Berlin.

Old 12-15-2015, 12:19 PM

699 posts, read 610,994 times
I flew Norwegian from FLL to Copenhagen on the 787 back in August. Painless experience.

Old 12-15-2015, 01:18 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
I see the B-787 landing in FLL in the evening, a couple of times per week, as I am heading home on I-595.

Old 12-19-2015, 07:11 AM

1,916 posts, read 1,459,244 times
When I flew into MIA the thing I hated most was it took about 10 minutes of walking and maybe a tram to get to baggage claim plus 10 more minutes of walking and a tram just to get to the rental car from baggage claim. I pretty much hated the same thing about Madrid's airport.

Last edited by yankeefan93; 12-19-2015 at 07:22 AM..

Old 12-19-2015, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeefan93 View Post
When I flew into MIA the thing I hated most was it took about 10 minutes of walking and 1-2 trams just to get to the rental car from baggage claim.
Ever been to Dallas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami