Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 10:26 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,757,983 times

Advertisements

You cannot be happy if you are hungry. Perhaps those who moved to Miami when it had somewhat of an economy, and purchased their home for reasonable prices, are settled in nicely now. My parents were happily retired, until Team Metro was sent to shorten their lives and cause me distress. The endless heat and humidity and Miami-Dade induced traffic jams only add to the frustration. A newcomer would not be able to be happy unless they were from a worse place or loaded with $$$ to buy a good lifestyle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 06:26 AM

70 posts, read 243,679 times
you're absolutely correct...it seems people on here are missing the point or just don't understand because they don't have to deal with it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
You cannot be happy if you are hungry. Perhaps those who moved to Miami when it had somewhat of an economy, and purchased their home for reasonable prices, are settled in nicely now. My parents were happily retired, until Team Metro was sent to shorten their lives and cause me distress. The endless heat and humidity and Miami-Dade induced traffic jams only add to the frustration. A newcomer would not be able to be happy unless they were from a worse place or loaded with $$$ to buy a good lifestyle.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:30 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMom72 View Post
We make over $100,000 and have good jobs and a nice home. I cannot wait to get out of here. I would rather be struggling and be where I wanted to be, near my kids, have the 4 seasons, be in a "blue state", than have the material things that money buys.
You don't have to leave Florida to have your "blue" state. Just move over here to Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach counties. They are the bluest part of Florida. Conversly, you are in the redest part of Florida (SouthWest Florida). I'd love to move over there from here but I don't make as much money as you do. So much for sterotypes of Democrats and Republicans.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:57 AM

546 posts, read 2,148,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
I don't think anyone likes living here. Only me. I'm clearly lacking in sanity and have some perception issues, and I probably look down on people and am very rude and snobby (and Hispanic).

I love it here and i'm not wealthy.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:59 PM

34 posts, read 105,504 times
Default Amen Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305guy View Post
i learned the hard way i left miami because i had to sell the house was to big for me kids are all gone on there own so i decided to build a new home in the catskills in ny it beauitiful BUT there's no place like miami HOME SWEET HOME
im coming back i love miami

Old 02-07-2008, 01:08 PM

546 posts, read 2,148,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuquiandgus View Post
i learned the hard way i left miami because i had to sell the house was to big for me kids are all gone on there own so i decided to build a new home in the catskills in ny it beauitiful BUT there's no place like miami HOME SWEET HOME
im coming back i love miami

Yup, I hear you. I learned my lesson too. I had a nice house in NC and came back here and I'm happier for it. Less sq. footage down here but I'm definitely happier.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:35 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,466,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305guy View Post

I'm far from wealthy and I too, love it here. I manage to get by. I don't need the brand new Lexus nor live in the McMansion, nor do I feel the need to wear Versace. A boat would be nice, but then it would just sit dockside as I couldn't afford to put gas in it. Actully it would just be adrift as I couldn't afford dockage either! Guess I'll just sit on the beach and watch them sail by....

Old 02-08-2008, 07:26 AM

355 posts, read 1,583,930 times
I enjoy living here. Its not perfect, but it's home.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:28 PM

9 posts, read 26,712 times
Isn't that true for just about anywhere? Quality of life is going to affect your outlook no matter where you live.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:44 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,912,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivineMissM View Post
Isn't that true for just about anywhere? Quality of life is going to affect your outlook no matter where you live.
Yeah really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami