Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 06:36 AM

28 posts, read 98,804 times

Advertisements

Thanks all for your advise. I really dont want to move but I have to and changing the job is not an option right now.

I am trying to delay the move as much as I can. Simultaneously I am still evaluating Doral vs Weston. Will keep you all posted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 06:52 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
What a bunch of naysayers! kids at that age relate to everyone and mix very well- Hispanics very family orientated and friendly-- you might even find the child learn some Spanish--
please the rest of you ol geezers need to move to SC

Old 09-30-2016, 07:36 AM

515 posts, read 624,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
What a bunch of naysayers! kids at that age relate to everyone and mix very well- Hispanics very family orientated and friendly-- you might even find the child learn some Spanish--
please the rest of you ol geezers need to move to SC
I doubt any naysayers want to move to SC any more than they would just like a little more variety of people in their area.

Kids at a young age do mix well but when there is a language barrier they might not build bonds as quickly or as deeply. They may learn some spanish but not as much when the kids who speak spanish are rushing to enhance their english skills in school.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:13 PM

249 posts, read 419,705 times
The kids being accepted is no problem - most kids will speak English and are raised in American culture. The issue will be day to day life. Walking into a little store where no one speaks English or just fitting in with your neighbors. Doral traffic stinks too.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:22 PM

240 posts, read 262,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLoud View Post
The kids being accepted is no problem - most kids will speak English and are raised in American culture. The issue will be day to day life. Walking into a little store where no one speaks English or just fitting in with your neighbors. Doral traffic stinks too.
Miami and South Florida in general has a lot of apathy. Apathy is very common in the Latin culture. Maimi today has a lot of apathy. Do you want your kids growing up in this environment? Think about it.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:21 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Barbosa View Post
Miami and South Florida in general has a lot of apathy. Apathy is very common in the Latin culture. Maimi today has a lot of apathy. Do you want your kids growing up in this environment? Think about it.
Oh, is that why they live in Apatha?

Oh, wait, that's Allapatha. No, I got it wrong, Allapatttah.

Old 09-30-2016, 08:47 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
I bet every one of the negatives here are transplants !! We were born and raised in Miami and speak English just fine. And we were there with the Cuban invasion. My gkids started school there , moved away later on to central Florida. All of us are really well rounded and can mix with everyone. In fact I purposely moved back to Miami so my kids round learn different cultures etc.n

Old 10-01-2016, 02:24 PM

515 posts, read 624,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I bet every one of the negatives here are transplants !! We were born and raised in Miami and speak English just fine. And we were there with the Cuban invasion. My gkids started school there , moved away later on to central Florida. All of us are really well rounded and can mix with everyone. In fact I purposely moved back to Miami so my kids round learn different cultures etc.n
More negative comments usually come from non-hispanic natives, not transplants.

You were born and raised in Miami and speak English just fine and were here for the Cuban invasion? Of course you speak English just fine. Even Hialeah was predominantly non-hispanic in the 50s/60s.

Think your perspective and your kid's perspective would be different if your gkids were currently in school in Miami.

Old 10-01-2016, 05:57 PM

240 posts, read 262,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
More negative comments usually come from non-hispanic natives, not transplants. You were born and raised in Miami and speak English just fine and were here for the Cuban invasion? Of course you speak English just fine. Even Hialeah was predominantly non-hispanic in the 50s/60s. Think your perspective and your kid's perspective would be different if your gkids were currently in school in Miami.
Agreed. It's easy to sit back and play Monday Morning Quarterback. Living and working in Miami on a low to medium class salary could drive anyone a little crazy. It's quite interesting watching the usual Miami shills do their thing over and over. Makes me think their might be a hidden agenda here. Either way I think some of us are not ready to face reality anymore, however the next Bubble/Recession will force that fantasy to become a very real reality.

Old 10-01-2016, 08:32 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,633,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Barbosa View Post
Agreed. It's easy to sit back and play Monday Morning Quarterback. Living and working in Miami on a low to medium class salary could drive anyone a little crazy. It's quite interesting watching the usual Miami shills do their thing over and over. Makes me think their might be a hidden agenda here. Either way I think some of us are not ready to face reality anymore, however the next Bubble/Recession will force that fantasy to become a very real reality.
It's funny you mention "hidden agenda's" ... I think that is at least the 2nd time you mentioned that recently. Is "agenda" on your word of the day calendar?

What is YOUR agenda? Really. You do literally nothing but bad mouth South Florida. Is that your agenda? Is that what you exist for? You honestly think that an area with 7 million people is ALL bad without any good neighborhoods? Goodness..... you are certainly a special one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami