Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:31 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,719,061 times

Advertisements

Compelled: Right now, I'm seriously considering Brickell. It just seems to mesh with what we want. If anything, it'll definitely be my starting point as I peruse neighborhoods. South Beach sounds too crazy and young for me. We are in our mid-30's.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:33 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,897,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
Compelled: Right now, I'm seriously considering Brickell. It just seems to mesh with what we want. If anything, it'll definitely be my starting point as I peruse neighborhoods. South Beach sounds too crazy and young for me. We are in our mid-30's.
Oh, you should love it there.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:39 AM

Brickell you mean? I think you were one of the people who helped me out on that one. My only worry there is whether we can afford a decent place to rent.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:52 AM

483 posts, read 1,544,536 times
If I could I would love to live in Brickell, I had no clue about it prior to moving here but in time Ive been spending alot of time there. But our jobs are in extreme west dade and southwestern broward and we;ve already settled down pretty good in Hialeah so don't plan to move anywhere. But brickell is great and I think you would love it.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:57 AM

Given what I've been told, and my work will more than likely be in that area, I think I'll like it too. The only thing is the rent...

Old 03-31-2008, 12:14 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,303,913 times
Quote:
I disagree. The OP's last statement was just horrible on so many levels and doesn't really pertain to where she is living or why she hates it. I think that is why some people here, including me, barked back at her.
As some people haev already told you it was a bumber sticker. You are getting all bent out of shape over a bumber sticker. Those stickers used to be very common years ago. We saw them and laughed. I guess it stopped being funny when we realized the last American HAD left and taken the flag with them.

Quote:

And I'm not living in lala land, I know that I might very well hate it there. If so, I'll come back to the west and say, well, I tried, didn't like it. Or I'll go up the coast. Or something. But not spend my days and hours giving everyone grief who wants to move to Miami. No one ever claimed that Miamians were "making things up".
They are not "giving people grief". They are trying to warn other into not making a life-altering mistake of epic proportions. Some people can't be saved from theirselves though.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:21 PM

oh brother Roger. First, it's bumper, not bumber. Second, what I stated was in response to some other person.

I'm not bent out of shape. Although after reading the OP's other posts, all she ever posts is a bunch of negativity, which is bothersome but enlightening to me.

A life-altering mistake of epic proportions? Geez, it's not that big of a deal! Everyone is different, may have kids, be older/younger, whatever. Moving is not something I consider life-altering mistake of epic proportions.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:31 PM

1,955 posts, read 5,266,467 times
Quote:
oh brother Roger. First, it's bumper, not bumber. Second, what I stated was in response to some other person.

I'm not bent out of shape. Although after reading the OP's other posts, all she ever posts is a bunch of negativity, which is bothersome but enlightening to me.

A life-altering mistake of epic proportions? Geez, it's not that big of a deal! Everyone is different, may have kids, be older/younger, whatever. Moving is not something I consider life-altering mistake of epic proportions.
Sounds like you've got a good head on shoulders.

I've only been to Miami a few times, but other neighborhoods you might want to consider are Aventura/Sunny Isles and mid-Beach (a quieter area just up from the madness of South Beach). I don't know what you budget is, but if you can afford Brickell, also look into areas like Coral Gables and South Miami.

You're definitely right about moving not being a mistake of epic proportions. I've dropped everything to live abroad for almost four years, built a good career over there but got tired of it, so I dropped everything abroad to come build a life and business again in the U.S. Right now I'm in NC, but I'm here on the Miami forum, so I'm considering that as an eventual option. I'm young too - 29 - and moving around a bit and experiencing new things before my daughter gets too much older and settled in school is a good thing - not a mistake of epic proportions.

Just ignore the malcontents and other assorted silly types on these forums!

Old 03-31-2008, 01:36 PM

Thank you Stone. The areas you've mentioned are def. on my list. My goal is to not have a crazy commute. Right now I spend 2 hrs. a day in my car and I'm done with that! We don't have kids, so really we can get up and go do whatever. That's what I was thinking about when I said that not everyone is the same. Our budget is $1600 a month and that's just for rent.

Oh and don't worry, I'll ignore the idiots out there.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:01 PM

763 posts, read 3,532,315 times
Brickell is amazing beautiful with some of the best apartments I've ever seen, great area, good public transit, nice green areas, and it's in the middle of everything. If I could live in Brickell, I'd move there in a flash. Downtown Miami is the next up and coming big thing, and it's only going to get better as more and more people move to Downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami