Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 10:42 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,758 times

Advertisements

I really wish I can hear positive things about Miami but 90% of the people I know hate it. I LOVE visiting Miami since I LOVE the beaches, the weather and the night life but that's probably all I love about Miami is the night life. I want to move there but I hear overwhelmingly negative feedback.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:49 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I really wish I can hear positive things about Miami but 90% of the people I know hate it. I LOVE visiting Miami since I LOVE the beaches, the weather and the night life but that's probably all I love about Miami is the night life. I want to move there but I hear overwhelmingly negative feedback.
That is because most people will only spend their time on the Internet because they hate it. Take much of what you read with a grain of salt.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:42 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,402,482 times
Well here's my rant for the night. I was walking my dog last night, and he pulled me towards a box that was in the middle of the intersection. As I yanked him away, I looked in the box and it was a santeria offering. I've been to many cities in the U.S. and I've never seen the ass backwards crap that I see here. Look along any train tracks or along cemetary fences and you'll see all these dead chickens, goats, and other crap. There was even something in the news the other night where now they are throwing this stuff in the bay. There's no respect for anyone. Not even the dead.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:22 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Quote:
You know a typical weekday in the Magic City is 8-9 hours per day are at work, another 8-10 hours at home sleeping, eating, cleaning, etc. The remainer is commute, gym or school or both, getting done the little things that move life along. Only the weekends(Friday night as well) is Miami something really nice. Most of the week it is a place to live like any other. How good it is depends on your work environment and home enivironment if you have a S.O. in your life. The weekends depend on your excess coin. Ah, if you are a female then the guy's coin.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:02 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
That is because most people will only spend their time on the Internet because they hate it. Take much of what you read with a grain of salt.

I figured as much. Some people act as its the worse city in America. Now, I've seen some ghetto ass ish down in Miami and I won't deny that the lower class can resemble a 3rd world to an extent but I've been and spent enough time in Miami (I have lots of friends and family there) that I get a feel for how it is. It can be like any other place more or less. The people I know who live there have lived there for years or most their life and they do just fine.

Its crazy I get so many negative feedback but so many people over here in NYC end up moving to Florida, so much as to call Miami the "6th borough". From my personal experiences thus far, I've had some awesome times in Miami. It isn't as dynamic as NYC but it has vibe all its own which I enjoy and appreciate.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:10 AM

195 posts, read 350,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
Well here's my rant for the night. I was walking my dog last night, and he pulled me towards a box that was in the middle of the intersection. As I yanked him away, I looked in the box and it was a santeria offering. I've been to many cities in the U.S. and I've never seen the ass backwards crap that I see here. Look along any train tracks or along cemetary fences and you'll see all these dead chickens, goats, and other crap. There was even something in the news the other night where now they are throwing this stuff in the bay. There's no respect for anyone. Not even the dead.
I hate that santeria "stuff". I agree it's backwards and stupid.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 AM

Quote:
You will hate it, especially coming from New York city

This place is a concrete jungle, an overgrown suburb where the wearher is only pleasant for 2 months of the year.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:25 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold on to the Nights View Post
This place is a concrete jungle, an overgrown suburb where the wearher is only pleasant for 2 months of the year.
I've read quite a few idiotic comments on this board, but that one definitely moves into the top ten.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:50 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
^^^ True, we have good weather from November through Mid May typically.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I've read quite a few idiotic comments on this board, but that one definitely moves into the top ten.
Really? do you understand the meaning of pleasant? Well for me being a slave of your air conditioner and sweating like a pig is not pleasant

BTW what is up with posting "the most" "or one of the most idiotic comments" over and over again? I must have seen you posting the same line at least 20 times. Who cares what you top ten is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami