Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 06:46 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,359,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
You and the Media created the PANIC, now you pay !!!
Oh boy, another 'media' caused this?? Trump said today if its 100k dead, he's good with that..

100k! that's an insane number of dead people in a short period of time.

and Cat 4 or 5 hurricanes kill people and destroy millions of dollars worth of property each year practically, better to over prepare than under??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 07:28 AM

4,025 posts, read 1,880,794 times
From up North - get used to it. The first few days, my comments were like yours. "WTF?" "When's it back?" Etc.
That was a month ago. Believe me. It ain't coming back any time soon. It will show up in spurts - but there will be limits, 2 per customer, or whatever suits them.

I've noticed - talking to my relatives that live in Florida - the full impact of this hasn't hit there yet. You have more deaths than Ohio (per capita, too) - yet you are weeks behind on your preparation. Strange times.
Stay in your house. You are a carrier. If you go out now - you're just making it worse.

Old 04-01-2020, 08:00 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,359,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
yet you are weeks behind on your preparation. Strange times.
Stay in your house. You are a carrier. If you go out now - you're just making it worse.
Results are 7-9 days lagging here for tests..we're not testing everywhere. Large counties like Collier, no drive up testing. Jax, Tallahassee, no drive up yet.

Jackson Hospital claims it violates HiPaa

Old 04-01-2020, 08:18 AM

764 posts, read 392,816 times
Go to Walmart when they open, not senior day Tuesday, and you go in line at the back of the store. they are giving out a pack of toilet, tissues, paper towels and one bottle of hand sanitizer

Old 04-05-2020, 01:03 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,701,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyfl View Post
Go to Walmart when they open, not senior day Tuesday, and you go in line at the back of the store. they are giving out a pack of toilet, tissues, paper towels and one bottle of hand sanitizer

Whats the Location of the Store ? ? ? ?

Old 04-08-2020, 06:55 AM

604 posts, read 619,084 times
An interesting take on TP shortage:

-Offices, schools, restaurants, airports are virtually closed, so their consumption of (commercial) TP is zero.
-Families have increased their (residential) TP purchases because most people is at home the whole day.
-while their purpose is the same, commercial and residential TP are two distinct products, with different materials, different packaging, different supply chain / vendors.

Considering the above, the consequence is that supermarkets will keep running out of TP as long as the safer-at-home policy will last.

https://marker.medium.com/what-every...e-c812e1358fe0

Old 04-23-2020, 07:21 AM

The Publix at the Hammocks and Paradise Lakes, All in SW Miami, out of all paper goods at opening time today.

So ridiculous !!!!!!

Old 04-26-2020, 09:13 AM

I actually do 95% of our shopping at trusty ALDI, and for the last 3 weeks paper goods missing in action have not been an issue at their Store we shop at. There are limits, but like the law, limits are needed to prevent gougin.

I just like walkin into Stores where I am not even buying a thing to see what their stocks look like.

We are still good with the 2 hand sanitizers we had when the run began, I feel they will be back on the shelves sooner than later, with the production started by one or two oil refineries, we should be in business quite pronto

Old 04-27-2020, 07:42 AM

7,411 posts, read 6,563,075 times
Plenty of TP at Milam’s...also, picked up a 3-pack of disposable face masks there....Milam’s has become my favorite store, never would have gone there until reading a post on this thread. Thanks MMoB for mentioning it.

Old 04-27-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Plenty of TP at Milam’s...also, picked up a 3-pack of disposable face masks there....Milam’s has become my favorite store, never would have gone there until reading a post on this thread. Thanks MMoB for mentioning it.
Milam's is a nice alternative, we go to the one on Useless 1 by Pinecrest 2-3 times a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami