Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 13,388 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything about 6969 SW 110th Place? I'm thinking of moving down there sometime this month for a job and was wondering whether it is a good/safe place to stay? Any info would be great! Thanks in advance.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 04:41 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
There is nothing wrong with that area more than anywhere else. The townhomes are small and kind of ugly, but crime is not bad. There are two developments, Snapper Creek and Snapper Village. I believe that Snapper Creek has been taken over by Miami-dade county and is publicly accessible now, while snapper village is not. It's just your typical California style 70's townhome community. Be careful but I doubt you will experience any crime.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:42 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,667,463 times
I know nothing about the particular complex, but the area is fairly nice. Nothing to worry about, really.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:17 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,150 times
when I was with one of my ex-girlfriends, her aunt lived there, so we would visit her frequently. It is very old, but also woodsy, quaint and pretty safe. I noticed the guard gate always has a long line at it. Seems that the guards actually do their jobs and don't let just anyone in.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:02 PM

32 posts, read 110,159 times
What do you mean they were taken over and that they are publicly accessible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
There is nothing wrong with that area more than anywhere else. The townhomes are small and kind of ugly, but crime is not bad. There are two developments, Snapper Creek and Snapper Village. I believe that Snapper Creek has been taken over by Miami-dade county and is publicly accessible now, while snapper village is not. It's just your typical California style 70's townhome community. Be careful but I doubt you will experience any crime.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:17 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go-go gringa View Post
What do you mean they were taken over and that they are publicly accessible?
Miami-Dade county now maintains the roads and common areas. Tax money was used to replace the unsafe, ugly community fence with a permanent concrete one. Snapper Village (next door) is still a private condo. Public tax dollars being spent to maintain Snapper Creek townhomes means that the public cannot be denied access to the community. If they are, it is another thing to hold against Miami-Dade county.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:24 PM

32 posts, read 110,159 times
Hey Rick, I looked into this... according to the Snapper Creek HOA there was no such take-over by the County or any other government agency. The wall on Sunset Dr was built with cash reserves ($300,000) but they haven't painted it yet. They went through some kind of recall of board members in 2006, maybe that's what you're thinking.

For what its worth, I think the community is nice. There is an abundance of green space, a huge lake for fishing and the townhomes are made of concrete, both floors. Also the association and management office is located inside the community in the same building as the clubhouse, which also serves as a voting precinct. The HOA hosts events such as fireworks displays on July 4th and New Years Eve, annual flea market and Easter egg hunts. I would recommend this community for all types of people, it has a good family environment.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 12,514 times
I personally lived there for 7 years. The place is safe and it's a nice community. It's not a new community but it's peaceful and all the neighbors get together from time to time. I had an opportunity to see all fire works and all activities that they have hosted.Best of all is that you have access to lots of places around the area. For example: walgreens which is opened 24 hours. The best for any emergency specially when you have kids.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:58 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,530,248 times
I do quite a bit of service business in there and in the surrounding area. in my opinion It's a great community and the people are friendly. the chicken littles on this board who see horrible dangers lurking everywhere so if they say it's probably safe you may take that to mean that it is indeed quite safe.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:18 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,667,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
the chicken littles on this board who see horrible dangers lurking everywhere so if they say it's probably safe you may take that to mean that it is indeed quite safe.
Very true. You've gotta love it when some forumers (in other threads) tell people to stay away from Kendall as if it's the ghetto
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami