Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:56 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times

Advertisements

South Miami?!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 10:56 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,867,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
Are schools anything good in Miami springs? A good area should be in at least decent school zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
I really don't know, but if I had kids and wanted to live in Miami, that's where I'd live. It's a very safe neighborhood and it actually has really nice parks & walkable areas. I tend to think of Miami Springs as "old school Miami".

The schools in miami springs are getting better with the new Hialeah westland and the new miami lakes high school because before they used to import kids from hialeah and places like liberty city and the schools werent that great they were pretty bad but like i said now they are doing better and may even be in the top 5 or so.... as for the young crowd in miami springs not that great many are into drugs and there are lots of wanna be thugs and white trash in the area.. but there are also a lot of good people and its very expensive to live there. Water bill every month(water and electric bill very expensive)

Old 04-09-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
South Miami?!!!

south miami is alright just avoid south miami heights and other areas.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:46 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,530,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodymiami View Post
Umm yea miami springs seems nice although the cops are crooked and a bunch of power tripping fools(Not all but some) not to mention miami springs has many alcoholics and drug addicts and im sure once all the old people die out(which the majority of miami springs is) it wont be so great.. And yes i know cause i have family and friends living there.
lol you are full of nonsense

Old 04-10-2009, 07:06 AM

34 posts, read 140,846 times
Updated List:
Took off Doral and added Coconut Grove, Brickell, and Midtown

Aventura
Golden Beach
Sunny Isles Beach
Bal Harbour
Bal Harbor Islands
Indian Creek
Surfside
Miami Shores
North Bay Village
Miami Lakes
Miami Springs
Miami Beach
Coral Gables
South Miami
Key Biscayne
Pinecrest
Palmetto Bay
Coconut Grove
Midtown
Brickell

If there are any other areas you would like to see on or off the list just tell me

Old 04-10-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
lol you are full of nonsense

Miami springs does have a drug problem a lot of people there snort coc and drink on the regular but dont get me wrong there are a lot of good people living there too.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:49 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,608,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodymiami View Post
Miami springs does have a drug problem a lot of people there snort coc and drink on the regular but dont get me wrong there are a lot of good people living there too.
Why is this activity unique to Miami Springs? There are other places in Miami where cocaine is the breakfast of champions and getting drunk is a regulated sport, like South Beach. I think Miami Springs is a little too cash strapped for either of these diversions. It is filled with huge trees, old glory, and a unique master layout. However, poor people are replacing the aging white, non-Hispanic, airline industry population.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:22 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,012 times
Yes, there are a couple of slightly seedy parts of Miami Springs (near the intersection of 36th Street & Curtiss Parkway). However, most of Miami Springs seems extremely safe, very clean and looks a lot older and has a lot more character than most other parts of Miami. Just take a drive down there in the evening....you'll see people out walking, running, cycling and drivers who actually obey the law and don't do a lick over 30mph.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Why is this activity unique to Miami Springs? There are other places in Miami where cocaine is the breakfast of champions and getting drunk is a regulated sport, like South Beach. I think Miami Springs is a little too cash strapped for either of these diversions. It is filled with huge trees, old glory, and a unique master layout. However, poor people are replacing the aging white, non-Hispanic, airline industry population.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Yes, there are a couple of slightly seedy parts of Miami Springs (near the intersection of 36th Street & Curtiss Parkway). However, most of Miami Springs seems extremely safe, very clean and looks a lot older and has a lot more character than most other parts of Miami. Just take a drive down there in the evening....you'll see people out walking, running, cycling and drivers who actually obey the law and don't do a lick over 30mph.

Im not saying its a bad place like i said i have family and friends living there and i lived there for a short time myself... but you are right you go down the wrong alley on the beach and you can see drug deals going down in front of you.. with that being said miami springs is a nice place one of the few places where you can ride your bike without the fear of getting hit by a car going 50 miles per hour and there are lots of sports and activities kids can join and the local park prince field is nice too. Its just to me that i feel like miami springs is "gilded" It looks a little better than it is but what can i say thats the way it is with most people youd be suprised what they do behind closed doors. They also have that nice bike path along ludlam thats about what 5 miles long? you can see many iguanas and even fish in the canal.

So i guess to sum it up miami springs is a nice place just dont be suprised when you hear something bad about it cause there are negative things too but yes it is nicer than most miami.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:06 PM

763 posts, read 3,531,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
The only part of coconut Grove which may be pleasant is the proximal side to coral gables. The closer to beach, the more cautious you need to be.
That's not true at all. How can you say the area around City Hall, Grand Av, and CocoWalk is sketchy? Not at all, it's the nicest part of the Grove, it's lively, great restaurants, lots of people walking around, very scenic. It's the tiny part of the Black Grove that you need to be careful of.

And to add my two cents on Miami Springs, I think Miami Springs is a really nice place to live, that's not only clean, it's safe, nice older homes, the schools are good and getting better every year, and it's a low-key family environment. If I had to live in that area, I would definitely choose Miami Springs over Miami Lakes (also very nice), Doral or Hialeah.

Last edited by kevinkagy; 04-10-2009 at 02:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami