Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 12:44 PM

119 posts, read 313,016 times

Advertisements

Public Schools suck all over FL. Just pust your kids in private school El Portal is not bad it is pretty much Miami Shores...the reason why people think its shady is bc kids from Little Haiti cross the bridge to go to school and nothing likes "shadier" than a middle schooler that lives in Lil Haiti....

I think if you are looking at the shores... you might as well look into Biscayne Park and El portal it is the same.... the unincorporated areas of MDC around the shores El Portal and Biscayne Park are shady as well...

your best bet for Miami Shores price I think is Surfside....

best places to live in Miami in order...um for $400k and less

1. Surfside
2.Coral Gables
3.Miami Shores/El Portal/Biscayne Gardens/ Sans Souci Estates & Keystone Pt
4.Miami Springs/Hialeah/Miami Lakes
5.City of Miami east of US 1
6.Biscayne Gardens/Golden Glades...

NE Miami Dade would be so nice if they just bulldozed everything on NE 6th ave past 135 st

no matter what you have to put your kids in private school...everyone in any of these neighborhoods put their kids in private schools to avoid chongas and haitians
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 07:36 AM

66 posts, read 323,775 times
where in coral gables can you get a home for under 400k?

Old 02-15-2013, 09:40 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,454,477 times
^^^It won't be a single family home, more likely a condo.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:39 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,822,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolseen View Post
There's actually a few homes listed in Coral Gables under 400k. I don't know if they have problems but they are there.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:57 PM

1,049 posts, read 960,417 times
You can probably find homes in little gables under 400K, like around Le Jeune Rd from 13th st to 8th (north/south) and between 57 ave and Ponce De Leon (East/West). Or then there are always short sales and foreclosures but your options are less. There may also be homes around Coral Gate or between 37 Ave and 27 Ave north of US1 and south of 16th St for that price, won't be exactly in the Gables but very close and a nice area.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:38 AM

227 posts, read 437,730 times
I live in Miami Springs since 2010 and I love it.

Miami Shores is great too.

Don't know Miami Lakes area.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:53 PM

174 posts, read 245,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolseen View Post

I know this thread is a bit dated but from looking at closed sales on Trulia over the past 90 days, I see quite a few sales of single-family homes in Coral Gables for less than $400,000. Like this one:

4221 Southwest 2nd Terrace, Coral Gables FL - Trulia

The sale was in Feb. 2014 and the price was $260,000 for just over 2,000 Sq Ft. Can any locals provide some insight. Something wrong with this specific area of Coral Gables?

Granted the info on Trulia gives no "inside" pictures. Could be a dump inside or the roof is about to fall down? Just seems very cheap for Coral Gables......even if this house would never be mistaken for a castle.

But looking at the public records looks like a legit transfer with a warranty deed and all.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:16 AM

117 posts, read 174,975 times
That's an old part of town that was incorporated into Coral Gables. It doesn't feel like CG, but those who want to say they bought in CG but can't actually afford it buy it this entry-gateway part of CG. I thought it was nasty when I was buying. Matter of fact, I wasn't impressed with CG at all for the value.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:25 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,013,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking_Good View Post
I know this thread is a bit dated but from looking at closed sales on Trulia over the past 90 days, I see quite a few sales of single-family homes in Coral Gables for less than $400,000. Like this one:

4221 Southwest 2nd Terrace, Coral Gables FL - Trulia

The sale was in Feb. 2014 and the price was $260,000 for just over 2,000 Sq Ft. Can any locals provide some insight. Something wrong with this specific area of Coral Gables?
The thing that is wrong is that that house is not in Coral Gables. Notwithstanding what Trulia indicates, the official mailing address according to to the Miami-Dade Property Appraiser website is Miami, FL, not Coral Gables. Just enter the street address into the search box in the following link:

Property Search Application - Miami-Dade County

Moreover, you can look at any map of Coral Gables and see that that house does not fall within the boundaries.

Coral Gables, Florida Zip Code Boundary Map (FL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfrontalex View Post
That's an old part of town that was incorporated into Coral Gables. It doesn't feel like CG, but those who want to say they bought in CG but can't actually afford it buy it this entry-gateway part of CG. I thought it was nasty when I was buying. Matter of fact, I wasn't impressed with CG at all for the value.
I believe that the area you're thinking about is the section of Coral Gables north of the Trail, between Douglas and Ponce. (In fact, that is the only section of Coral Gables that is north of S.W. 8th Street.)

The house in question is west of Le Jeune.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:43 AM

117 posts, read 174,975 times
Oh true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami