Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 11:18 AM

7 posts, read 13,847 times

Advertisements

Movie theater was across the street were Ross is now, and now they are building a Super walmart
Westchester nightmare the area is not fit for such traffic as it will bring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 11:21 AM

7 posts, read 13,847 times
walmart

Old 03-26-2011, 03:33 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Souto is a crook like all the others. He would not even listen to my parents and the problems they have had with Team Metro and the numerous accidents caused by the all way stop signs. The county nit-picks and harrasses the poor who want to do anything while rolling out the red carpet for any developer with deep pockets. Do not worry though. Wal-Mart will go out of business just like K-mart did. In fact I hope they build a super Wal-Mart so I can see Publix go out of business. I have hated that store since they ruined it in the 80's. I live two hours from that area now but may be driving through there next week, I will drop by and see what is actually happening there.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:03 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
I prefer publix over sedanos and windixxie

Old 04-15-2011, 02:13 PM

8 posts, read 21,597 times
I don't have anything against Walmart or the folks who shop there. My only problem with the Walmart in Westchester is that it is H-U-G-E. It will adversely affect an area where I normally shop. I will not be going to the CVS or the Publix or the Walgreens in Westchester because
I don't want to deal with the traffic and the parking hassles that are part and parcel of the "walmart" experience. I have already started going to alternate CVS, Walgreens and Publix at other locations. It is a shame that this giant store is being crammed into an already busy area.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:10 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times
Wal-Mart is taking over, smh.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:55 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
i am sure Wal-Mart will have the whole shopping center after Publix and Walgreens close. The TJ Maxx may hang on longer but as I said before, seeing that Publix close will be a special treat.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:19 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times
The new Publix looks very nice.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:21 AM

253 posts, read 434,368 times
On the same property, does anyone remember the name of the standalone burger joint, circa early to mid '70s? It faced 87th Avenue on the southeast side, in front of the Publix and I think there was a small Sears (or GE?) appliance store next to the Publix. The building is still there but I'm not sure who occupies it.

It was not a big chain like Burger King or Burger Chef. Relatively short lived as a hamburger place but I really liked it. That's the first place I saw a condiment bar, to the right of the main entrance in front of the seating. They kept it clean and impressive. My eyes popped out when I realized I could shovel a glob of relish onto my burgers. My sister and I would ride our bikes to Westchester to buy Christmas presents and stop at the burger joint before returning home.

Anyway, I agree that a Walmart seems particularly cramped and problematic in that lot. It's been inevitable a Walmart showed up in a more centrally located spot than 160th Avenue, or whatever, but a Walmart works best with a long and open ended unshared front lot. This doesn't qualify in any respect.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:28 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,899,594 times
I don't remember that burger place. I grew up there and used to ride my bike to Westchester mall too. I do remember Snak Shack in the mall though. Loved to get a slice of pizza and a fruit punch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami