Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 05:40 AM

2 posts, read 3,488 times

Advertisements

My wife and I contracted to purchase condo. Owner moved but adult child still resides in unit. No maintenance paid in 1 year. Bank demands we close but kid won't move. Is our deal dead? Do we have any rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 07:11 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
The day you get the keys to the condo that adult child must be out I think. So if he is still there once you get the keys then you could call the cops on him for trespassing I would think. Maybe someone knows the law a little more than me that could help.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:17 AM

2 posts, read 3,488 times
Default condo short sale

I'm pretty sure there are regulations. Also, I don't think I should close on the condo until it is vacant. Not sure how I can get the bank to wait for their money, and who is permitted to bring an action to evict.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:52 PM

35 posts, read 98,286 times
Don't close until he is out! I had a tenant living in one of my properties that was sold, she told us all that she would be out by such & such a date, believing her, we went to closing & guess what she did not leave. This was a few years ago during Christmas & I was getting ready to travel, her excuse was that she did not have anyone to help her move & could not afford paying. To get her out I gave her $200 & I made sure to leave my poor mom in charge of the situation cause I had to go. The new owners ended up moving her & she did not give them a penny. What a nightmare, I learned my lesson, never again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: