Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 03:19 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,668,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
I propose a "map gang ",Chris collaborating with several trustworthy residents of various districts,who can refine the map,even down to block by block characterisation.
Though I certainly appreciate your input, this would be incredibly time consuming and difficult. I'm not interested in creating a map with that level of detail. I continue to welcome suggestions like, "change that area from light green to yellow" and "that area is far too large; split it up into north and south areas," but to create block-by-block detail and even create a category for $2mm+ homes begins to make the map too complex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 04:48 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,487,156 times
Well,"block by block" was a figure of speech...
A refinement with black & gray areas would be welcome ( the "2m " value is indicative)...
Anyway,what matters is both the creation & the ...maintenance of the map to be a pleasure,a nice hobby.
So,keep Miamians ...posted...

Old 11-23-2009, 01:55 PM

10 posts, read 31,625 times
This is awesome. Great work! Just curious, is there a way to print the map with all layers on?

Old 11-23-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmike View Post
This is awesome. Great work! Just curious, is there a way to print the map with all layers on?
Go to the original link I posted on the first page of this thread. You should be able to see the whole map on one page now. Zoom in/out to the level of detail you want, and then print.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:06 PM

549 posts, read 1,665,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Hello everyone, I have made a very detailed map of Miami-Dade's neighborhoods. To view it, please click on the link below. Since my map is in so much detail and Google Maps only allows 50 boundaries to be shown per slide, please click on the "page 2" and "page 3" options on the left-hand side of the map where the areas are listed in order to see the map in its entirety. Feedback is welcome, so please let me know what you think!
Miami-Dade County - Google Maps

Ok..one thing..why is Doral not such a good area in your opinion?

Doral:

- Beautiful condos/homes

- Excellent police force

- World renowned Doral Golf Resort and Spa is home to the Blue Monster and White Course.

- A-rated schools

- Median Household income $80,000/Average household income $110,000.

- Global company headquarters (Carnival Cruises, Hellmann worldwide logistics, Dole flowers, Pepsi, Goya foods, Perry Ellis, Brightstar, Boston Scientific, etc)

- 12 television station broadcast and re-broadcast studios (Univision)

- Nice restaurants

- Proximity to the airport and turnpike.

- Probably the best place in Miami to start a small business.

- 1 Federal Reserve Bank/ branch.

Your map is not accurate

City of Doral - for all the right reasons! - Fact Sheet (http://www.cityofdoral.com/cityofdoral/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemi d=89 - broken link)

Old 11-25-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
Ok..one thing..why is Doral not such a good area in your opinion?

Doral:

- Beautiful condos/homes

- Excellent police force

- World renowned Doral Golf Resort and Spa is home to the Blue Monster and White Course.

- A-rated schools

- Median Household income $80,000/Average household income $110,000.

- Global company headquarters (Carnival Cruises, Hellmann worldwide logistics, Dole flowers, Pepsi, Goya foods, Perry Ellis, Brightstar, Boston Scientific, etc)

- 12 television station broadcast and re-broadcast studios (Univision)

- Nice restaurants

- Proximity to the airport and turnpike.

- Probably the best place in Miami to start a small business.

- 1 Federal Reserve Bank/ branch.

Your map is not accurate

City of Doral - for all the right reasons! - Fact Sheet (http://www.cityofdoral.com/cityofdoral/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemi d=89 - broken link)
Huh? Are you looking at the right map?

I have Doral as light green, which mean it's a "nice," and "above-average" area.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:41 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,487,156 times
I suggest that an interestring addition to the map would be to define
the "Millionaires' Row " in Miami Beach
& some millionaires' blocks,"golden neighbourhoods " etc in the rest of Mia...

Old 12-17-2009, 05:53 PM

13 posts, read 30,897 times
this is a GREAT map and Idea. I just put up a post wondeirng about Kendall and surrounding areas. This is fabulous for someone like me looking to move to Miami area.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:24 PM

12 posts, read 86,759 times
i wish i could do one of these myself...with miami, broward, and palm beach counties...i have loads of time on my hands.....if only that f*cking google maps wasn't so difficult and hard to use...i cant find any of those "buttons" you're supposed to draw "shapes and lines" with

Old 12-17-2009, 08:28 PM

12 posts, read 86,759 times
^^If anyone will help me out i'll make u a great map and take a whole day on it....i'm just very technologically challeneged....i could draw that by hand but not do it online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami