Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 09:40 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,246,337 times

Advertisements

According to The Shadowlands (http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/florida.htm)

Boca Raton - Florida Atlantic University - Humanities Bldg - has a ghost that has been spotted by employees on night shifts. She was seen at the top of the amphitheatre crying, when approached, she vanished. When locking building up at night, one person started on the third floor, checking & locking all the classroom doors. When he got to the second floor, he radioed in that there was someone on the third floor running through the halls slamming the doors. He and another unit went to the third floors from opposite ends and found all the doors locked, nothing out of place, and no one in the building.

Boca Raton - Boca Raton Inlet - During cold nights warm spots felt though an area and orbs sometimes appear during cloudy nights. A young lady was said to be buried in this Park. No body was ever found. Also an image of a person sometimes seen through out the park. After the park being searched nobody would be there.

Boca Raton - The Hole - There was a girl raped and killed there in the late 1960's. People have seen her walking around in the parking lot crying for help. She is wearing a dress.

Boynton Beach - Holiday Inn - The Holiday Inn on Congress Avenue is said to be haunted by spirits. Many people who have stayed in the hotel, have said to have seen apparitions of human figures roaming through the hallways. This Holiday Inn is said to be built on top of an old Indian Burial Ground.

Carol City - Subway Restaurant - Strange vibes of someone's presence about to run into you (attacking). The doorknob to the back door moves like someone is trying to open the door. Dust fell from the ceiling as if someone were walking up there.

Coral Gables - Biltmore Hotel - Construction worker were fearful during the renovation of The Biltmore Hotel a historic landmark building in Miami. It was once a veteran’s hospital and had other previous uses. Stories of things moving inexplicably and the sort. A receptionist who works there and lives nearby told of how once she got into the elevator and didn't press a selection and that the elevator went to one of the floors that at the time was not being used. It is known as the Bridal floor as a death occurred in a honeymooners stay. People report of seeing the bride's ghost at that floor. The fact is that the elevator was disabled to stop at that floor. Another account was of a fellow traveler whom stayed often at the hotel stayed with a colleague for 4 nights on business. The colleague said she saw people, which the fellow traveler didn't observe. The two concluded that the place was hunted. This was on a trip from Miami to NYC. This traveler was a fairly centered successful business woman who finally said that one should be more afraid of the living than the dead- which she told her colleague to subside her fears.

Coral Springs - Blockbuster Video - The Blockbuster on Atlantic Blvd. and Coral Ridge Drive. Haunted by a little boy, employees have seen him in the backroom. Tapes are often rearranged just after being organized, after hours.

Coral Springs - Coral Springs Medical Center - A nurse that used to work in the hospital had a deadly incident and was hospitalized with in the hospital and later died in it. Now she has been seen in the halls just in front of the main elevators for visitors and at night she often opens the doors for people when they are walking towards it without them pushing the button.

Coral Springs - Coral Square Mall - Around midnight you can hear shouting and moaning around where Burdines when the lights are all out. Other employees have reported seeing things move fast in the dark. And some sightings of a small boy have been seen.

Davie - Broward Community College - Central - Two years ago, a guy went psycho and shot his ex-girlfriend in the back of the head between classes. He then killed himself. Both died between Building 5 and another building. Students exiting their night classes report seeing white figures and strange smells from that corner. Also, a permanent blood stain still remains on the ground.

FortLauderdale - Art Institute - Sunrise Hall Dormitory - A long time ago the dorms used to be a house of ill repute. There were said to be lots of murders in that house. Later it burned down to nothing. Time passed and a hotel was built there and it eventually became the A.I. dorms. There have been numerous reports from the second floor that the sound of moans come from the third floor around 1am. The sound of metal pipes being dropped and rolling across the floor can be heard in the ceiling. And the sound of high heels walking around the second floor hallway, if you wait 10 minutes the noise comes back again but it sounds more like running.

Fort Lauderdale - Las Olas - Riverwalk - Oldest hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, supposedly been there since the early 1900(s) and was recently made in the last thirty years a Museum. Been known to be the most active around the hours of late, between 11:00pm and 3:00am. Countless spirits haunt the establishment, as most popular apparitions making appearances seem to be; a man seemingly in his mid-40's wearing a duster pacing the downstairs area. A younger man, whom is in no terms of the word 'shy' as he will in static motion creepily advance to the front door, press palm and face against the glass and scare the passerby if they're caught staring and a little girl with shoulder-length curly hair, wearing a ruffled dress around the ages of 5-7, looking sullenly out the window. Several more can be seen upstairs as well as looming in the hallways, nevertheless, their presence is very clear and realistic like. Some cold spots and overwhelming energies, though experiences vary with the person.

Hialeah - Hialeah-Miami Lakes Senior High - fourth floor - There has been told that a few years ago a group of students were in the planetarium on the fourth floor of the main building. One of the girls that were in that group of student fell through a big skylight and was killed instantly, they then shut the 4th floor down. Nobody is allowed up there, you rarely see any janitor up there either but it is to be said that the janitors that do go up there have heard many noises from the 4th floor and believe it is the girl who died there many years ago.

Hialeah - Hialeah-Miami Lakes High School - In Hialeah Miami lakes High school's little theater (place were drama students have class) their has been sightings of a ghost nick named Fred, some times music can be heard, and light tend to turn on and off.

Jupiter - Jupiter Lighthouse - Employees have reported strange noises and cold spots inside this lighthouse. Visitors claim to feel someone's hands upon their shoulders, only to find no one there.

Lake Worth - Lake Worth Playhouse - Lucien Oakley helped build the Lake Worth Playhouse, he also died there.

Lake Worth - West Palm Beach - Lake Worth 8 Cinemas - cold spots can be felt in the auditorium, there is sometimes an occasional, brief breeze, and the temperature of the auditorium is always colder than the rest of the building, regardless of what the thermostat is set at. There is also a knocking sound that can occasionally be heard coming from one of the doors leading from the hallway while movies are playing and whenever a children's movie is run in that auditorium, the projector will either stop during the middle of the show several times, or the film would get jammed in the machine.

Lantana - Red Lion Pub - There are three ghosts in this pub: a male, a blonde female, and a brunette female. The story says that before the pub was built, the blonde woman lived in that area. The man was in love with her, but their relationship was ruined by the brunette woman. Today, bottles and other objects fly towards brunettes and sometimes they feel a hand hitting their head. Blonde women feel their hair and face being gently stroked.

Miami - Coconut Grove - Field adjacent to LaSalle High School & Mercy Hospital - LaSalle High School is located at 3601 So Miami Ave in Coconut Grove. LaSalle High School and Mercy Hospital are adjacent to one another, the grounds are on the water's edge and you can view Biscayne Bay from there. The story originates from the 70's or 80's when supposedly a young girl attending the school (which is an all female Catholic high school), either committed suicide over a broken heart or took an accidental drug overdose in this field. In the suicide version, she was a student athlete, which is why she haunts the field, and has been seen occasionally during daylight hours at sporting events and has been mistaken for a participant. However she is usually seen at night, and even police officers patrolling the grounds have seen her shape and mistaken her for a security guard when none are hired to work there. Upon further inspection, no one is there. Most students who have attended this school are familiar with the stories about this ghost.

Miami - Deer Run-"Curtis Mansion"- There are reports of lights going on and off, door opening, and sightings of ghosts of visitors, children, and a man.

Miami - Hammocks Middle School - It is said that the auditorium of Hammocks is haunted by 2 ghosts... It is said people have seen 2 shadows around and the curtains opening and closing and flickering lights.

Miami - Hirschfield Theater - footsteps and other unexplained events are common here.

Miami - The Jockey Club - People who work and live there complain about lights turning on and off, hearing footsteps when they know they are alone, hearing voices, doors locking by themselves. On one occasion security was called when people heard a fight going on in the garage. When security got there they could hear the yelling but could not find anyone there and then suddenly the voices stopped. It is not certain how many spirits are there but at times they do make themselves known.

Miami - Miami Beach - Colony Theater - Footsteps and ghost has been seen back stage and other unexplained events.

Miami - Miami River Inn - This is a beautiful hotel on the edge of Miami River in the oldest part of town. Henry Flagler and many U.S. Presidents stayed there during their visits to the city. It has been around since the early 1900's and has been restored a few times. In one of the cabins, there are many noises heard by the concierge and security guards. Many guests who check into the cabin complain about the noises and request a room change the next day. The noises that are heard are part of a series, almost like a night repeating itself at 11 PM every day. If you stay in the first front room, you can hear a door opening and shutting very loudly, feet wiping on the welcome matt and then a brief silence followed by running towards your room and a fierce shaking of the door knob, which you can even see move. The shaking gives up and is followed by the crashing and breaking of antique ornaments right outside of your room, then running up the front stairs followed by the opening of a door in the room above yours. The worst is what commences after a minute of silence in the room upstairs. For an hour, furniture can be heard moving, scraping and the room can be felt vibrating. Finally, the sound ceases and there is silence once again, try going to sleep after that.

Miami - Miami Senior High School - Miami Senior High School is a school made since the 1800's and many people have been killed by gangs or by other things, and now the spirits of that people are haunting the place. One time there was a girl of about 15 years old, she went to the girl's bathroom. When she entered she saw another girl with blood in his face and a knife between her right shoulder and her arm. She was so scared that she had to go to a doctor for attendance. Another day a security camera captured a men with a graduation dress walking on the auditorium at 10:43 PM, when the security went to see if there was somebody there he hear a scream and he found a black spot on the floor. There are too many things that makes this place haunted that I would take hours to explain.

Miami - Miami Springs - Curtis Mansion - When Miami was a growing city this man- Glenn H. Curtis build his mansion on Deer Run. He loved kids so much, he turned half of the mansion into a daycare, but when he found out his wife had an abortion he got mad and his wife -as for revenge- burned the house down with Glenn Curtis inside. There have been reports of lights going on and off also of ghosts playing tennis and some screaming at night.

Miami - Southwest Miami High School - Auditorium - Sometimes the TV’s turn on by themselves, music can be heard, a guy and a girl whispering. Supposedly a janitor died in there, and an old drama club president while fixing lights on the catwalk died also and were never found until the next day.

Miami - Southwest Miami High School - Library - According to the librarians many who have worked there for several years books are constantly rearranged after organized and lights flicker.

West Palm Beach - Burger King - a young man haunts this store. He has been seen by numerous employees.

West Palm Beach - Our Lady Queen of Peace Cemetery - Strange fogs have been reported, described as looking like individual strands of something moving within the fog. Appearing and disappearing. The mist seems to form in to something, very dense. You could see it moving all different directions. Noticeable temperature change, uneasy feelings, and feelings of felt like someone was right behind you. Then it feels like whatever it this is trying to grab your arm. upon developing the film one of the pictures one witness took had an orb in it. only taken 4 pictures that night and the one picture that had an orb in it was the picture taken right by this grave. The orb is located right next to the flower arrangement.

West Palm Beach - Palm Beach Atlantic University - The library, built many years ago is claimed to be haunted by an old janitor. He worked there for many years and then mysteriously disappeared. He is claimed to be heard rummaging through the old janitors closet that has been locked up ever since the day of his odd disappearance.

West Palm Beach - St. Juliana Catholic School - The walls rattle during school and especially at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2007, 09:59 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
That's funny! I remember as a student at Southwest High in drama class we had some odd electrical problems because of faulty circuit breakers. Never heard about any deaths there though, of course I was only there from 1983-1986. I did spend a lot of time in the closed up Don Carter's Kendall lanes and heard strange noises and voices but the noises were the expansion of wood when the air conditioners went on and off, and the voices were from people parking outside and talking, yet I was always keeping an eye out when in that place by myself.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:44 PM

4 posts, read 88,042 times
At the blockbuster in Miami, a guy doesn't speak any English.........only Spanish, I think his tongue is haunted.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:50 PM

929 posts, read 1,156,120 times
i dont believe in ghosts but maybe you should checkout the psychic festival at coral castle they advertise from time to time.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
i dont believe in ghosts but maybe you should checkout the psychic festival at coral castle they advertise from time to time.
I was always a skeptic of ghosts until I had to say alone in a house up north that was over 100 years old.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:13 PM

159 posts, read 803,704 times
What happened in that house?

Old 05-18-2007, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro420 View Post
What happened in that house?
Many strange things. There was a room in back of me (how the houses were built back then) and I would hear knocks from it and once I heard a big crash in there like someone collapsed on the ground. I went inside to check, nothing there, nothing fell over, the room was completely empty, with no items or people inside. Odd. Maybe just a coincidence, right? The house is old, after all. However, after this kind of weird crap kept happening every night, such as seeing random flashes in the room, weird knocks, and even a few instances of what sounded like voices I was a bit spooked. But perhaps my mind was just playing tricks on me, but the final thing was the ice breaker. I heard the TV downstairs go on full blast.

"What the hell?", I thought. "No one's there, better go down and check what is it is".

The TV was blasting when I was on the stairway, and as soon as I got to the room with the TV on I heard it immediately shut off. I was skeptic before, but after experiencing this ****, maybe not!

Old 05-18-2007, 02:29 PM

158 posts, read 647,032 times
Yea those old house in the north really make you a believer. I lived in a house that was over 90 years old and you do hear and see some stuff that freak you out, if anything i think most of those old houses are haunted and when you think about it, alot of people have lived in a house thats over 100 years old and alot has happened in 100 years.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:51 AM

44 posts, read 238,398 times
Check out the Ghost Tour of Coconut Grove: http://www.ghostgrove.com/

and I believe the Historical Museum does a similar tour of the beaches every October, too

Old 05-21-2007, 03:31 PM

2 posts, read 82,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snack_time76 View Post
At the blockbuster in Miami, a guy doesn't speak any English.........only Spanish, I think his tongue is haunted.
if that's how it works, all of Miami is haunted...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami