Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2007, 11:42 AM

2 posts, read 18,446 times

Advertisements

Over the years i have lived in numerous countries, states and cities and each one has had their pros and cons however saying i HATE Miami can't be translated strong enough...

I came to Miami for the weather and the false hype that floridians try to relay to outsiders about miami being the Manhattan in the Sun...Please

what i got was Little South America,(not diverse unless you call different parts of South America being diverse) shallow people, racisim from the latin community towards anyone who is not latin, rude people especially in customer service, road rage that would put even the hottest hot head to shame, out of control price gauging, and over weight men and women who should not be wearing tight sleezy clothes ever... especially to the beach or the work place or anywhere for that matter.

There is a very high click factor in south florida were the true locals have sticks up their butts towards florida transplants and tend to feel threatend...
and unless your career or place of business has sent you to Miami good paying jobs for educated professionals are almost non existant...Taking into consideration that Miami is a small town the crime rate is higher then any large metropolitan city in the nation go figure...

On a good note in the couple years i have been here i have meet a few really nice people unfortunantly they were from other parts of the country and have already left Miami to find a more people friendly, open minded, high educational system and culture based area...So if your not latin or speak spanish fluently, not very wealthy, or shallow and hate driving in a town that was voted the #1 road rage place in the country... Miami and South Florida in general may not be the place for you to relocate. The Florida Sunshine is just not worth the hassle...

Old 05-27-2007, 12:08 PM

9 posts, read 27,512 times
EXACTLY. I HATE IT TOO, WITH A PASSION!!!!

As soon as they paint our condo complex, I am out of here.

NO HABLA, Y'ALL!!!!!

Old 05-27-2007, 12:47 PM
b52

29 posts, read 170,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floralnat View Post
Over the years i have lived in numerous countries, states and cities and each one has had their pros and cons however saying i HATE Miami can't be translated strong enough...

I came to Miami for the weather and the false hype that floridians try to relay to outsiders about miami being the Manhattan in the Sun...Please

what i got was Little South America,(not diverse unless you call different parts of South America being diverse) shallow people, racisim from the latin community towards anyone who is not latin, rude people especially in customer service, road rage that would put even the hottest hot head to shame, out of control price gauging, and over weight men and women who should not be wearing tight sleezy clothes ever... especially to the beach or the work place or anywhere for that matter.

There is a very high click factor in south florida were the true locals have sticks up their butts towards florida transplants and tend to feel threatend...
and unless your career or place of business has sent you to Miami good paying jobs for educated professionals are almost non existant...Taking into consideration that Miami is a small town the crime rate is higher then any large metropolitan city in the nation go figure...

On a good note in the couple years i have been here i have meet a few really nice people unfortunantly they were from other parts of the country and have already left Miami to find a more people friendly, open minded, high educational system and culture based area...So if your not latin or speak spanish fluently, not very wealthy, or shallow and hate driving in a town that was voted the #1 road rage place in the country... Miami and South Florida in general may not be the place for you to relocate. The Florida Sunshine is just not worth the hassle...
After reading your post and that of Nothingman, I almost wanted to cry. It's really tough to tell people what my hometown is like without being accused of being racist. I left some years ago. I looked into the future and could see nothing good and I knew it was no place to raise children. I've gone back only when I had to. I keep up by reading the Miami Herald. I consider myself someone without a hometown. The place I was raised no longer exists. It's a third world knockoff. The only people who find it 'the place to be' are rich people who live in gated communities and don't have to cope with the mind bending daily frustrations of the type described in this forum...

Old 05-27-2007, 06:02 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,250,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floralnat View Post
I Hate Miami...
Welcome to the club.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:14 AM

2 posts, read 18,446 times
I'm sorry B52... didnt mean to make you feel bad about your hometown but it is what it is...there are plenty of places outside of south florida to create a new hometown for yourself... that are so much more positive healthy to raise children and create great friends... in many ways i am fortunate enough to be able to pick up and leave if something, someone or someplace doesnt agree with my well being i just feel for those who dont have that option...and it looks like you made that decision for yourself a long time ago as well... i wish you luck in your future it can only get better...

Old 05-28-2007, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 9,116 times
I felt the same way about Miami, so I moved to Southwest Florida. It is not like Miami at all. So you should check it ou.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:41 PM

184 posts, read 611,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atb392 View Post
I felt the same way about Miami, so I moved to Southwest Florida. It is not like Miami at all. So you should check it ou.

We have a condo near Ft.Myers Beach and go there on the weekends ... it may as well be in another world , when compared to Miami or most of South Florida .

Old 05-28-2007, 06:15 PM

12 posts, read 41,752 times
I have lived in Miami my whole life. I used to emjoy it...the diversity, the beaches, etc. But it has just gotten crazy here! I remember not too long ago when avoiding traffic was staying off the roads at 8am or 5pm. Now it doesn't matter what time or day of the week it is...you're always in traffic. When my husband and I go out I just don't feel like I fit in here anymore. So we made the decision (finally) to move away from here. My friends don't understand but my husband and I realize this is no longer the place we grew up and we want a better place for our kids. We plan to stay in Florida because there are many things we love about it but definitely not in this zoo!

Old 05-29-2007, 05:21 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
There is enough hate here already, no need for a specific topic about it.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: