Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 05:55 AM

353 posts, read 814,194 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=4]1701 NW 2nd Ct[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Miami, FL 33136[/SIZE]

1701 nw 2nd court miami fl

I know this is the overton section,but wanted to know is this area really that bad,specifically the address I posted,above, there's a closed gated little community in this section i might move to just for about a month.Im a security guard and I have a license to carry plus I know about bad neighborhoods O grew up in north philadelphia,which personally to me,has one of the worst hoods i ever seen,call the bad land,in north philly.I also notice this area is next to jackson memorial hospital,so does this mean theres alot of police monitoring the area?I need peoples opinons and advises,hopefully most wont over exagerate on how bad this area is.also I'm not white im latino,so dont know if that may help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 06:59 AM

415 posts, read 1,666,034 times
This area is pretty bad. It's comparable to the worst part of north Philly. Most of the shootings are gang related down here and very rarely do people shoot innocent people just for the hell of it. There are TONS of home break-ins, car thefts, and muggings in the area though.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:03 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofthematrix View Post

I know this is the overton section,but wanted to know is this area really that bad,specifically the address I posted,above, there's a closed gated little community in this section i might move to just for about a month.Im a security guard and I have a license to carry plus I know about bad neighborhoods O grew up in north philadelphia,which personally to me,has one of the worst hoods i ever seen,call the bad land,in north philly.I also notice this area is next to jackson memorial hospital,so does this mean theres alot of police monitoring the area?I need peoples opinons and advises,hopefully most wont over exagerate on how bad this area is.also I'm not white im latino,so dont know if that may help
1. The area is not 'next to' Jackson Memorial Hospital - it is on the other side of I-95. I doubt that police protection for JMH extends to this area.

2. If you Google Map this address and then go to 'street level', you will not see a "gated community," but rather an apartment complex with a fence around it.

3. I do not frequent the Overtown area, so I cannot give you an opinion on how safe this particular address would be. You seem to be aware of Overtown's violent reputation and to be prepared to defend yourself. I wouldn't live at this address....

Old 08-04-2009, 07:43 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
Whoever would live there either needs to be on welfare or on crack, or both. That's about as bad as you can get in the Miami area. The only place worse would be living in the Metro-justice building (jail) and at least there you get free meals. Nobody would willingly live in this area for any reason.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:57 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,005,791 times
Well it is bad, during the day time is it horrible? No I have driven through the area before. Would I at night? Absolutley NOT. Pretty dangerous part of town, maybe not the most dangerous but up there. You cant be doing to well if you have to live there. I say carry you gun that's for sure.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:58 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofthematrix View Post

I know this is the overton section,but wanted to know is this area really that bad,
What is your definition of "Bad?" Sorry but no poster here is gonna tell you is not such a bad area, because it's really bad. Did you see the street view pictures? you can see garbage on the grass and on the streets. Miami has a lot of shortcomings but streets with garbage are very uncommon. That says a lot about the quality of people who live there. Please consider paying a little bit more and moving to a better place.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:43 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
The only place worse would be living in the Metro-justice building (jail) and at least there you get free meals.
Unfortunately this is true. I can only think of section 8 people living there.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:12 AM

18 posts, read 103,724 times
Just have a look round from the point where your link opens up and you come across this dodgy looking image

Old 08-04-2009, 01:24 PM

4 posts, read 58,945 times
damn.....just look at the picture above! that guy is pointing a gun.

i really hope i pick a good area to live when i move to Miami

Old 08-04-2009, 01:42 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,099,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian2211 View Post
Just have a look round from the point where your link opens up and you come across this dodgy looking image

Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: