Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2007, 10:56 AM

3 posts, read 12,670 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm looking to relocate to North Miami-Dade or Broward in the next month and wanted to know which areas in North Miami have nice neighborhoods. I know that Aventura is suppose to be a good area, but what about Hallandale, Hollywood, Miami Beach, North Miami & North Miami Beach?

I'm in my late 30's and I grew up in NYC and have also lived in Chicago & Los Angeles, so I know what a "decent" neighborhood in a large city is like... I'm not delusional, but I do want a place where a woman can feel safe walking around.

I want to be located between Miami & Ft. Lauderdale so that I have an option to look for a job in either city. I'm looking to rent a 1-bdrm (preferably 2-bdrm) for about $1,100/mo. Although, I'm sure that a 2-bdrm would probably be hard to come by for this price.

Any suggestions on the areas mentioned above would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 11:49 AM

929 posts, read 1,157,248 times
i would say youd probably be safe walking around in north miami beach which is where i work.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:53 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
Others on this site have told me that North Miami Beach is no longer a good place to live, but I don't know for sure...

Old 06-14-2007, 11:58 AM

159 posts, read 803,925 times
If you're seriously considering North Miami check out Keystone Point & Sans Souci Estates. They're both gated communities with really nice homes, but it's pretty pricey. Also, another nice area is the Arch Creek East neighborhood which is on NE 135th street. There's a bunch of town homes and apartments in that area.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:22 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
You could also check out areas of Hollywood east of U.S.1, but Miami is hardly a "city" like New York or Chicago is.I have seen people get decent 1 bedrooms near Downtown Hollywood for as little as 800 a month! 1100 can get you a pretty nice 1 bedroom.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:34 PM

929 posts, read 1,157,248 times
gotta say, i finally understand elfyum's distorted perception of miami now and how she thinks its full of haitians. the demographics of north miami beach are very different from the rest of miami which is predominantly latin.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:01 PM

46 posts, read 194,085 times
Hi Curly,

Having lived in So Fl all my life I would say do not live in N Miami. Aventura is very nice but very small and crowded and a bit pricey. I live in Hallandale and love it but it is an older crowd mostly seniors but you may be able to find a place for the price you are looking. Hollywood, like one poster said stay East. Honestly, I would stay in Broward and away from where Dro said. There are some nice homes there but just do not like the surrounding areas. Have you thought about going a bit west maybe Miramar, Pembroke Pines or Cooper City??? Good Luck to you!

Old 06-14-2007, 03:04 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deana View Post
Hi Curly,

Having lived in So Fl all my life I would say do not live in N Miami. Aventura is very nice but very small and crowded and a bit pricey. I live in Hallandale and love it but it is an older crowd mostly seniors but you may be able to find a place for the price you are looking. Hollywood, like one poster said stay East. Honestly, I would stay in Broward and away from where Dro said. There are some nice homes there but just do not like the surrounding areas. Have you thought about going a bit west maybe Miramar, Pembroke Pines or Cooper City??? Good Luck to you!
I agree with this, Dade is just the worst. Going west could be a hell commute though unless you work out of Fort Lauderdale, even then, it still is not too much fun.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:10 AM

3 posts, read 12,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deana View Post
Hi Curly,

Thanks to everyone for your input!

I have also considered Miramar & Pembroke Pines as well, so I'll continue to do some more research in those areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami